Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

Vera Costa

I put aside my annoyance of them and listened to TSL's Nats 'This & That'. Dave at one point calls Tessa- 'The most beautiful flower skating has ever seen since Katia Gordeeva'. I have to agree with him there.

He also said he kinda agreed with Tracy about V/M being the best ever.

Goody2shoes

I put aside my annoyance of them and listened to TSL's Nats 'This & That'. Dave at one point calls Tessa- 'The most beautiful flower skating has ever seen since Katia Gordeeva'. I have to agree with him there.

Watched it too. I was more surprised by Jonathan. I almost expect him to contradict Dave or very critical of when it comes to V/M in the show. But this time he was (somewhat) in agreement with Dave. It was also perceptive of Jonathan about the new ending. (I was more in line that Tessa was already in a "death" pose when Scott held her up high triumphant in his arms). Anyhow, it made sense by his explanation where the ending of Opera and this version/vision of FD match.

Rafter

Interesting that Dave said that. When Virtue was younger, a junior, I remembered thinking she had a Gordeeva quality to her. I think Zoueva several years ago even mentioned this in some article.

kittysk8ts

Watched it too. I was more surprised by Jonathan. I almost expect him to contradict Dave or very critical of when it comes to V/M in the show. But this time he was (somewhat) in agreement with Dave. It was also perceptive of Jonathan about the new ending. (I was more in line that Tessa was already in a "death" pose when Scott held her up high triumphant in his arms). Anyhow, it made sense by his explanation where the ending of Opera and this version/vision of FD match.
I tweeted Dave and asked him to be nice because I wanted to watch. LOL. He responded and said it shouldn't be too bad. And it wasn't, haha!

Shayii

Before that exciting news was revealed to the country on Parliament Hill on Tuesday, they got the word from Skate Canada’s high performance director Michael Slipchuk midway through the Canadian championships this past weekend.

“To have him tell us that we’re going to have the honour to be flag bearers for Team Canada is a moment we’ll never forget,” said Moir.

“I think before the sentence even came out of his mouth, he said ‘This is the best day of my career, I get to tell you guys’ and we looked at each other and just started crying,” added Virtue. “It was such a powerful, overwhelming sensation of pride and it’s the ultimate honour and certainly the highlight of our career.”
Me right now https://78.media.tumblr.com/70086798f0d28464235234811f17748f/tumblr_ojlkps6PMz1vidcz5o1_400.gif

sap5

So happy, but also a bit nervous? They'll be at the opening ceremony, will probably be asked to do both team segments, and then the individual event? That's a lot. I'm sure they've already thought about all that and will figure it out, but there needs to be a lot of focus on pacing in these final few weeks!

Really happy that their programs seem to be in the right place and it's just about getting them into memory at this point.

kittysk8ts

So happy, but also a bit nervous? They'll be at the opening ceremony, will probably be asked to do both team segments, and then the individual event? That's a lot. I'm sure they've already thought about all that and will figure it out, but there needs to be a lot of focus on pacing in these final few weeks!

Really happy that their programs seem to be in the right place and it's just about getting them into memory at this point.
They knew before they even skated their free dance on Saturday, so they had time to talk to MF and Patch etc. It IS a lot but it is such an honour......

Golden1

I saw on facebook that the committee didn't just pick an athlete but that athletes had to kind of agree to be in the running for it. Is that true? So if yes, they knew what they were signing up for.

They have so much experience, therefore I just trust them and their team. Maybe it could even help them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information