Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir # 47: Come What May...

irena

I love everything, loved the new ending, loved the new costume of Scott. Now their costumes match perfectly and love the serene happiness on their faces. At the end this pure emotion for them and for us is the most important thing, the one that will be cherished long after medals are forgotten in some box

arakwafan2006

Well, I’m 70+ years old, and can usually hang onto my emotions pretty well, but I’m sitting here in tears after that wondrous FD performance and their reception from the crowd. 209.82 overall!!! I love the changes to the second half of the program, and got such a charge from seeing Scott so obviously singing along to the music! I don’t want to jinx them for next month so I won’t say anything more, but will go to bed tonight (after watching the videos again :) ) a happy woman!

I’m so glad you took time to share your feelings. Fantastic post

Sonata

Well, I’m 70+ years old, and can usually hang onto my emotions pretty well, but I’m sitting here in tears after that wondrous FD performance and their reception from the crowd. 209.82 overall!!! I love the changes to the second half of the program, and got such a charge from seeing Scott so obviously singing along to the music! I don’t want to jinx them for next month so I won’t say anything more, but will go to bed tonight (after watching the videos again :) ) a happy woman!

Welcome! It says a lot about the power of their performance that you were inspired to become a first-time poster within minutes of watching their FD.

This is what I love about Virtue and Moir. They transcend the sport. They inspire fans to join other fans. They inspire people to take up ballroom dance lessons. They inspire fans to learn more about opera, film, art and music. They inspire their peers to become even better competitors. And when they get praise, the first thing they do is thank their team and coaches.

Last edited:

LisaLemon

Can someone tell me if EUROSPORT the British version will cover this? I wish I could hear their reactions!

Bue

My seaplane flight over to Vancouver from the island was cancelled this morning because of poor weather... my last time ever seeing T&S in competition and that incredible performance is what I miss :wuzrobbed I love love loved it (LOVE the new ending) but it didn't have quite the same impact from my living room trying to shush my toddler throughout. This will always be the one that got away! :(

chapis

My seaplane flight over to Vancouver from the island was cancelled this morning because of poor weather... my last time ever seeing T&S in competition and that incredible performance is what I miss :wuzrobbed I love love loved it (LOVE the new ending) but it didn't have quite the same impact from my living room trying to shush my toddler throughout. This will always be the one that got away! :(

You were going to attend the competition?, Oh no :(:(:(

bbkenn

So regarding the perfect score, was that for the PCS being all 10's, or for the total score? I read somewhere else that 124.7 is a perfect score. Is that right?

Anyasnake

That's awesome. Thanks so much! Totally deserved.
Well, obviously they would have that at their last nationals (I even expected a perfect SD score). Just don't think anyone is going to get that internationally or you'll be very disappointed :/ It show that Skate Canada fully support its skaters for sure, including WeaPo who got a 120 (with a lvl3 lift :O).

bbkenn

Well, obviously they would have that at their last nationals (I even expected a perfect SD score). Just don't think anyone is going to get that internationally or you'll be very disappointed :/ It show that Skate Canada fully support its skaters for sure, including WeaPo who got a 120 (with a lvl3 lift :O).

I don't expect this at the Olympics, but I didn't expect it here either. I remember at CDN's before Sochi they didn't get the marks I thought they should have, so I was expecting them to get good marks, but not this good.

Anyasnake

I don't expect this at the Olympics, but I didn't expect it here either. I remember at CDN's before Sochi they didn't get the marks I thought they should have, so I was expecting them to get good marks, but not this good.
Really ? A lot of us called it before the event started :rofl: Plus, SCI has 3 top teams so they have to get them all VERY high marks. Since V/M are co-favoured for OGM, it was awaited.
CDN before Sochi, there was no way they would have had that, they made quite the mistakes (and sincerely, compare the 2, they might even look quite unclean back then).

volunteer

Really ? A lot of us called it before the event started :rofl: Plus, SCI has 3 top teams so they have to get them all VERY high marks. Since V/M are co-favoured for OGM, it was awaited.
CDN before Sochi, there was no way they would have had that, they made quite the mistakes (and sincerely, compare the 2, they might even look quite unclean back then).

Thanks for this, what would we do without you.
Feel better now?

Sonata

It’s nice that their current coaches showed up at Nationals before Olympics.

I would have thought there was a better chance of them getting a perfect score for the SD. But I felt very calm when they took the ice for the FD. They looked so confident and prepared.

Even if Canadians might not be on Eurosport, I have a feeling that Chris and Simon are YouTubing this right now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information