Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Fadeevfanboy

Why would T&M not go to worlds? I think Sui & Han are MUCH more likely to skip worlds than T&M, in fact I would be surprised if they do go. Completing their end goal on home ice and it is a known fact they are retiring (unlike T&M who have not said anything, and I do hope continue), and all the attention they will get in China. I would be amazed if they go to worlds. I fully expect T&M to atleast go to worlds though.

Fadeevfanboy

It's a testimony to just how talented T/M are that they came as close as they did. A complete nail biter in both segments. It just makes one wonder if only the Russian fed. didn't put all their politicking eggs in the M/G basket (they worked overtime cause 154 compared to 155 for T/M and S/H is a mega joke when you consider theose two were cleanish and how superior they are in basic skill and PCS)

Yeah I was thinking that too. I think the Russian fed did put all their politiking effort into M&G, which made sense as they have been a rock and dominant all season, and it wound up coming back to bite them when T&M wound up skating great.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Why would T&M not go to worlds? I think Sui & Han are MUCH more likely to skip worlds than T&M, in fact I would be surprised if they do go. Completing their end goal on home ice and it is a known fact they are retiring (unlike T&M who have not said anything, and I do hope continue), and all the attention they will get in China. I would be amazed if they go to worlds. I fully expect T&M to atleast go to worlds though.

Vladimir said this in the mixed zone:
End of career? Let's finish this season first - another Channel One Cup, the World Championship. I have plans to continue my career.

clairecloutier

T/M were magnificent in Beijing and, as a fan, I feel tremendously satisfied with what they put out in this event. They were both technically and artistically wonderful, and I am simply thrilled for them. Evgenia looked so happy on the podium, and that's all that matters really. And I am super-excited to hear from Vladimir that they may continue. Looking forward to seeing them at Worlds.

I believed in their chances this season after seeing them at Cranberry Cup in August, and it's been an amazing ride since then. Thanks and congratulations to them!! :cheer2:

Amantide

I really hope T&M continue another 4 years. IMO they are just getting better and their mental strength is improving all the time.
Vladimir said this in the mixed zone:
End of career? Let's finish this season first - another Channel One Cup, the World Championship. I have plans to continue my career.
This. (y)
How old are they? Whatever the age, I agree with @Fadeevfanboy . They seem to get better and better. This is that potential (finally released) that I saw in them the first time when they appeared in the big scene. They disappointed me later. Having some silly programs didn't help them either. It looks like they finally have found their key. And kudos to whoever created their programs because it shows they got the essence of their skating and dynamic as a pair.

Scott512

Pavel Sliusarenko.

This was one time I really wish there could have been a tie. T&M were magnificent and worthy of being Olympic champions too.
Thanks.

I don't like how when the difference is incredibly small that there is no tie. It was basically a tie.
But figure skating has no interest in making anything better.

I wonder if TT will try to get a young pair's team now to join the great veteran pairs team they have now in T and M.

Amy L

This. (y)
How old are they?
27 and 29. I remember when they were with Marina, she was urging them to keep going, but Vladimir told her he never imagined competing in his thirties. When Evgenia did a Instagram live interview with Lina Fedorova, she said she had no idea what she wanted to do after skating but she had no interest in coaching whatsoever. As long as they are relatively healthy, I think they should try going at least another season. They shouldn't have to commit to another Olympic cycle, but try for one year at a time.

I haven't watched the LP yet but I'm so happy for them being able to tamp down on their nerves when they needed to most. Me right now: :swoon:

Amantide

27 and 29. I remember when they were with Marina, she was urging them to keep going, but Vladimir told her he never imagined competing in his thirties. When Evgenia did a Instagram live interview with Lina Fedorova, she said she had no idea what she wanted to do after skating but she had no interest in coaching whatsoever. As long as they are relatively healthy, I think they should try going at least another season. They shouldn't have to commit to another Olympic cycle, but try for one year at a time.

I haven't watched the LP yet but I'm so happy for them being able to tamp down on their nerves when they needed to most. Me right now: :swoon:
I agree. That seems the best approach to me as well.

Amy L

Yes and they seem comfortable with Trankov—I’d love to see them build on this.

He's said repeatedly that he's not interested in coaching, he only wanted to help his friends when they were going through all of their training drama. But he was also helping Sliusarenko with his pairs this year, so maybe he's actually gotten the coaching bug after all?

DreamSkates

This. (y)
How old are they? Whatever the age, I agree with @Fadeevfanboy . They seem to get better and better. This is that potential (finally released) that I saw in them the first time when they appeared in the big scene. They disappointed me later. Having some silly programs didn't help them either. It looks like they finally have found their key. And kudos to whoever created their programs because it shows they got the essence of their skating and dynamic as a pair.
Let’s remember who won gold in pairs at the previous Olympics and age wasn’t an issue.
Yes and they seem comfortable with Trankov—I’d love to see them build on this.
One of those rare times one wishes there could be a “tie” declared with only @ 1/2 point difference in scores. I hope they can be proud of their silver then go to Worlds and claim gold there. As a start for the next 4 years.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Such a close score, and it reminds me more of the 2018 Olympics, where Sui/Han lost by .43 (give or take .01, because I don't remember the tie-break rules).

I have nothing against Morozov, but I've loved, loved, loved Tarasova forever, and I'm so glad she is an Olympic medallist in the individual event (with him) :cheer2:

Last edited:

Cachoo

I probably overreacted as usual. And I do think you win a gold medal you win a silver medal you win a bronze medal. I hope tnm weren't too crushed.

Three of the top four at the Olympics from Russia is pretty good.

Do I have it right that Eteris ladies finished first second and 4th and her only pairs team finished second and her only man at the Olympics finished in the top 10? That's pretty incredible from one coach and team TT. And her daughter's dance team finished. a respectable 14th at the Olympics. Have we ever seen a coach or a team have so much success at an Olympics in multiple disciplines?
Removed by request….another time, another place…

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Well maybe it is for another thread but I think Eteri’s team had unmistakable results with very troubling methods on a number of levels. She left exposed though the Kremlin defended her treatment of Kamila. I’m sure there will be more to this story.
This is the cheer thread for Tarasova Morozov and we are celebrating their success. Your comment is uncalled for in this thread and particularly at this time.

If you don't have something nice to say, it is better to not say anything.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I wanted them to have their Paul Wylie moment and they did, with their silver medal and two clean performances. They redeemed themselves, after many disappointments, and overcame many challenges. I couldn't be more proud.

I wish they had the gold, but we knew all along that it would be tough to beat SH in China unless they had a major mistake. Their gold gave China something to cheer about, and TM were gracious about their silver, so this sems like a result that made everyone happy.

The RSF did not believe in TM and some may say it was justifiable due to their inconsistency, but the RSF never truly invested in TM when they were young and consistent either. I doubt that it would have made any difference though in today's result.

To me the most important thing is that TM are happy with the way they skated and now they have an Olympic medal, which they wanted. As skaters they are just coming into their own, so I hope they will continue for at least a few years, and Perhaps give themselves a chance to finally win the OGM in 2026. They will still be younger than Hongbo Zhao, Aliona Savchenko, and May be a few other skaters, that is if they want to compete.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I've become such a fan of T/M this season! Two wonderful skates when they needed it most and I probably would have had them 1st, but both teams were wonderful. I don't think I've ever seen Evgenia smile that much.
Evgenia is very emotional. She smiles a lot and cries a lot (sometimes those are tears of joy). Their programs often don't lend to smiling and I am ok with that. Vladimir is very serious when he skates but off ice he is always smiling (based on his photos on IG). Today he let out all his emotions after they finished the LP.

Last edited:

Seerek

I actually think it was their Pang and Tong moment.

It would have been such a shame a team that good would have never had a competition in their career such as the one T/M had.

It's not even about the result really, it's just the fact that they finally "did it" (and were looking mostly relaxed doing it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information