Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Fadeevfanboy

Amazing skate!

And I am glad they just missed first since skating after Sui & Han if Sui & Han have a great skate or even a relatively good one, and the Chinese crowd is roaring could be unnerving. You expect Mishina & Galliamov will skate really well with how consistent they are, but atleast the Chinese crowd won't be going ballastic as they would for Sui & Han. So I think ultimately it is a better situation.

Amy L

I'm finally getting around to the replay, can't wait! This mix of pride and extreme anxiety is just way too much. I'm definitely going to take some z-quil tonight to make sure I don't wake up and try to catch the LP live because I shouldn't keep giving myself heart palpitations.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

A couple of photos when they finished their SP skate. Zhenya looks emotional .

I watched the competition with some trepidation. I was very happy with the way they skated even though they placed second. I hope they were happy with their skate.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Photo of the top three pairs after SP and some quotes from them.

Photo of the lift

Her position in the air is textbook perfect.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Another beautiful photo from their SP today

Bournekraatzfan

They should have the lead, but I’m just happy they produced such a superb SP on Olympic ice. I think it is often overlooked how incredibly secure your skating has to be to hit such exquisite positions at blazing speeds while changing direction and moving outside of your centre. Exquisite.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They should have the lead, but I’m just happy they produced such a superb SP on Olympic ice. I think it is often overlooked how incredibly secure your skating has to be to hit such exquisite positions at blazing speeds while changing direction and moving outside of your centre. Exquisite.
It truly was the best performance of the SP competition and I hope they feel goof about it, regardless of the ranking. It is almost a tie at this point. They will have to produce their best ever LP performance to win a medal Tomorrow.

Bournekraatzfan

It truly was the best performance of the SP competition and I hope they feel goof about it, regardless of the ranking. It is almost a tie at this point. They will have to produce their best ever LP performance to win a medal Tomorrow.
For me, this performance was up there with Farrucas, Lady Caliph, Masquerade Waltz as one of the greatest pair SPs ever! Yes, I too hope they feel good about that immaculate skate. Sending them every bit of good energy I can for the LP 🤞🏽

Scott512

Congrats on the silver. I told you all what would happen and I was right. They won the PCS and lost the gold when we were all told the Chinese pair had the best PCS. But I guess winning the PCS by .13 really isn't much at all.

I guess the two younger Russian teams could not measure up. That's a disappointment.

3T3T

Two absolutely fantastic skates from T/M. I’m delighted that on the biggest stage they finally delivered. T/M got some 10’s from the judges, while S/H didn’t get any. It was so close. All the medalist were very gracious to each other, a lot of respect and appreciation for each other. I seen Kogan congratulating S/H.

It was a lovely medal ceremony, everyone was so happy. A great end to the figures skating.

Amantide

I guess the two younger Russian teams could not measure up. That's a disappointment.
I would hardly call that a disappointment tbh. Two young teams at their first Olympics, one bronze and one 4rth. One of them with the highest Tech in Pairs. Furthermore, Russia on the podium with 2 medals after 0 in Korea. They should be all happy.

It sucks to lose the gold medal with that margin. But it would've sucked even more to have lost it with a subpar performance, or Pair. They have nothing to regret. Considering the debacle in Korea and the struggles during these 4 years, I really think this medal is worth gold for them. :)

Fadeevfanboy

T&M were just amazing! Personally I think they should have won gold but it was very close. The quad twist was a super gutsy call for the Chinese and what won it for them in the end. Hopefully T&M can take heart from this and not be discouraged and move forward. I think they could have a lot of years and great skating ahead but Olympic silver with such great performances is something they can be very proud of.

Scott512

I would hardly call that a disappointment tbh. Two young teams at their first Olympics, one bronze and one 4rth. One of them with the highest Tech in Pairs. Furthermore, Russia on the podium with 2 medals after 0 in Korea. They should be all happy.

It sucks to lose the gold medal with that margin. But it would've sucked even more to have lost it with a subpar performance, or Pair. They have nothing to regret. Considering the debacle in Korea and the struggles during these 4 years, I really think this medal is worth gold for them. :)
I probably overreacted as usual. And I do think you win a gold medal you win a silver medal you win a bronze medal. I hope tnm weren't too crushed.

Three of the top four at the Olympics from Russia is pretty good.

Do I have it right that Eteris ladies finished first second and 4th and her only pairs team finished second and her only man at the Olympics finished in the top 10? That's pretty incredible from one coach and team TT. And her daughter's dance team finished. a respectable 14th at the Olympics. Have we ever seen a coach or a team have so much success at an Olympics in multiple disciplines?

Spun Silver

Congrats on the silver. I told you all what would happen and I was right. They won the PCS and lost the gold when we were all told the Chinese pair had the best PCS. But I guess winning the PCS by .13 really isn't much at all.

The two younger teams measured up (though MG seemed a little cautious), but TM skated two perfect programs and were better. No way was a Russian team going to beat a cleanish SH in China.

Spun Silver

Two absolutely fantastic skates from T/M. I’m delighted that on the biggest stage they finally delivered. T/M got some 10’s from the judges, while S/H didn’t get any. It was so close. All the medalist were very gracious to each other, a lot of respect and appreciation for each other. I seen Kogan congratulating S/H.

It was a lovely medal ceremony, everyone was so happy. A great end to the figures skating.
I didn't know about the 10s!!!

NAOTMAA

The two younger teams measured up (though MG seemed a little cautious), but TM skated two perfect programs and were better. No way was a Russian team going to beat a cleanish SH in China.
It's a testimony to just how talented T/M are that they came as close as they did. A complete nail biter in both segments. It just makes one wonder if only the Russian fed. didn't put all their politicking eggs in the M/G basket (they worked overtime cause 154 compared to 155 for T/M and S/H is a mega joke when you consider theose two were cleanish and how superior they are in basic skill and PCS)

Scott512

Hey it is what it is. How many gold medals in the Olympics has Russia won through the years? I am assuming pairs is their discipline where they've won the most gold nettles probably 7 or 8.

I hope B and K do something at worlds they really need AA podium at worlds. There are still a very young team and let's see what happens. If T and M don't go to worlds then may be B and K can podium.. It lets be honest 4th place at the Olympics has to be a lot worse than 2nd place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information