Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
If they had to keep a program, I'd rather see them go back to their previous LP (Ti Amo). That Kudaibergen version of Albinoni is interesting to hear once and once only IMO. But I wonder if it would be possible to redo the score as an actual Albinoni mashup, without vocals. Psychologically keeping the current LP could go two ways (at least) - the way you suggest, or it could be a downer for them to relive this season through that program, especially Worlds. Getting a new one could make all their hard work more exciting. They're going to be knocking themselves out no matter what programs they use - Eteri will see to that. (I'm not saying that as a criticism... I was very interested to hear their positive take on her. Tinami would have loved it!)
I didn't like Ti Amo much. It doesn't feel like an Olympic program. I don't feel it really suited them. Albinone suited them much better, even the Dimash version. I am ok with any version of Albinone. I like the original instrumental the best, if they are open to that. May be Eteri has some other ideas.

I feel rather sad that Marina's plans for them never materialized to the fullest.

I am ok with Third season of Bolero if they can tolerate that. I would really like them to skate to Masquerade waltz some day, but with Trankov as their coach that may not feel good.

Last edited:

Bigbird

I think Trankov is a relic of their past that they need to let go of. It's cool if they are friends, but he can support them behind the scenes. He is out of his depth as a coach. He should focus his efforts on commentating or other projects. His wife would be a much better coach than he'll ever be. He's doing this for the prestige but it's not the right fit for him. They won nationals because the others made mistakes and were coming back from bouts of illness or were insecure about their programs rather fortuitous IMHO. What we saw at worlds was their real truth. For all their obvious talent it baffles me as to why they have not been able to find a real coaching team. A lot simply does not add up for me. There are other challenges about working with them that obviously are being kept under wraps.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was watching some old performances of B&S. They were so good! I was wondering if Elegy by Rachmaninov may be a good SP music for T&M? It is very different from Bolero but their smooth glide over the ice and the positions may create a good prrogram. It won't have the creativity of Moskvina's choreography though.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Saw them on Instagram but I don't know what is VK and what they are doing. Couldn't post the link. Will try again. Instagram keeps giving me the Welcone to Instagram when I copy and paste the link.

mjb52

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I think VK is the Russian version of Facebook?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I think VK is the Russian version of Facebook?
Doesn't sound like it. I googled and VK are not there

I saw VK mobile app. So they may have sponsored something that T&M participated in? A show or a competition? I can't find the link.

Last edited:

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
VK is a Russian social media platform that is like Facebook.

T/M have an official page on VK that is fabulous with tons and tons of old photos and videos going back to the beginning of their partnership.

I lurk using chrome with auto translate. The site will probably have a pop up asking you to join, but there’s a place to click that says “not now” that will clear it.

aka_gerbil

The article is in Russian, but Zhulin choreographed t/m’s new short! I’m pretty excited about this because I’ve wondered for awhile what he could do with them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The article is in Russian, but Zhulin choreographed t/m’s new short! I’m pretty excited about this because I’ve wondered for awhile what he could do with them.

I just saw this on Instagram.

The article doesn't say what music they are using for the SP.
Zhulin had done a great job with B&S- their exhibition skated to Smooth (Santana) was fun and difficult. I think he will do well with T&M.

So far I have not heard about their LP.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
How many of you think T&M can skate their SP to Smooth by Santana? Don't laugh. Agreed they can't have a playful number like B&S and Vladimir is no Anton :) but they have the technical skills to interpret that music. JMO.

Why do I get the feeling that they will keep Albinone for the Olympics? It ended badly for them but they do love that program and it is not overused. PersonallyI prefer something different for the Olympics.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
From the Instagram article posted by Ka3sha in GSD, it seems their SP is ready. No mention of the LP. They are spending summer in Novogorsk. Trankov and Zhulin worked with them. So far no involvement of Eteri. somehow the coach of Panfilova Rylov is also working with them. That was confusing to me. The main thing is that they are training, preparing for the next season.

Bigbird

From the Instagram article posted by Ka3sha in GSD, it seems their SP is ready. No mention of the LP. They are spending summer in Novogorsk. Trankov and Zhulin worked with them. So far no involvement of Eteri. somehow the coach of Panfilova Rylov is also working with them. That was confusing to me. The main thing is that they are training, preparing for the next season.
As long as it's not like the dud that Zhulin gave to B/K for their short last year. His choreography doesn't impress me much at all. There are so many other choreographers in Russia who are better. I don't get what ET can do for them if they're not really working with her. It all just seems ridiculously contrived. Sigh.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
As long as it's not like the dud that Zhulin gave to B/K for their short last year. His choreography doesn't impress me much at all. There are so many other choreographers in Russia who are better. I don't get what ET can do for them if they're not really working with her. It all just seems ridiculously contrived. Sigh.
From what the article said, they are still working out the details as Eteri's team. This is just the beginning.

Sylvia

TBD
Scroll down for Maxim Trankov's quotes re. Tutberidze (article published on June 26): https://olympics.com/en/news/maxim-trankov-evgenia-medvedeva-switch-pairs-coaching-tutberidze
"The pairs skating details [rest on] the pairs coaches, in this case me and Pavel [Slusarenko]," Trankov says.
"The rest is on Team Tutberidze. Sergei Dudakov, Daniil Gleichengauz, everyone helps. They also listen to my and Pavel's opinions in terms of choreography.
"No one hogs the blanket for themselves, we work together. Eteri is a very cool motivator, and what the guys have been doing in June is something they've never done before.
"I learned a lot from Marina Olegovna Zueva. She's on the top for me right now, number one, because I worked with her for a year and in that year I learned so many things that I hadn't in my entire career.
"Right now, of course, I totally can learn from Eteri Tutberidze. Above all she is an obsessive super professional, obsessed with the result, obsessed with her athletes.
"And she is so deep in what she does... I was in shock."

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Part of me wishes they could have continued with Marina. They developed so much in two seasons! I hope the switch to Eteri will work in their favor.

Sylvia

TBD
@Ka3sha posted (in the Programs/Choreographers thread) the link to watch Channel One's 42-minute video on Zhulin's staging of T/M's SP to "Clair de Lune" (eta that it's not geoblocked):

Last edited:

arakwafan2006

Part of me wishes they could have continued with Marina. They developed so much in two seasons! I hope the switch to Eteri will work in their favor.

I agree though, I do not think that she was up to pushing them more than they want to push themselves. At the end of the day, it is what it is with them

aka_gerbil

After last season, I don’t think the problem with t/m is not wanting it enough or not pushing themselves enough. I think it’s the opposite—they want it too much and put too much pressure on themselves, and that is a formula that almost always never works for anyone.

aka_gerbil

The origin of this clip is a tiktok from Max, but was reposted by several fan accounts on Instagram. The height on this is insane. (And it looks like they’re bringing the throw flip back?)

Amy L

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was away for a month.trying to catch up. Any news on T&M's LP? Music, choreographer, clips, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information