Survivor Edge of Extinction

alexikeguchi

I'm sorry Devens didn't quite go the distance but still found the outcome satisfying. I agree with Chris's self assessment that he made the right choice in each of the limited moves left to him. As soon as Rick got voted off and did his brief cameo with Jeff, I was hoping they still had some sort of fan favorite... Sia to the rescue!

BaileyCatts

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
NNNNNOOOOOOONNNNNNNOOONNNOOOO!!!!!!
Chris is not my winner!! Chris is not my winner!! Devins shoulda won! So there! :p

They better dump this stupid Extinction Island thing because its really not fair to the people who actually had to play all the challenges and get thru multiple more Tribals. And yes I say that knowing Devins won his way back thru Extinction, but he had to fight and fight for those Idols and challenge wins, so he did a whole lot more work than Chris did. And I don't care what y'all say! So there! :p

I'm kinda shocked Vic did not vote for Gavin! :wideeyes:

Not shocked Julie didn't get one single vote. :rofl:

And, totally off the wall comment, but has Jeff been ill? Either it was the camera angles, or maybe it was my TV, or maybe it was just me, but there were times at the Reunion show where he looked like he has been battling a health issue.

And what was with those weird random audience shots? They showed the exact same audience shot 3 times, like it was stock footage or something. That was strange.

And Devins shoulda won. :p

smurfy

Good ending to the season.
Before the final tribal I was torn between Gavin and Chris.
Chris made a gutsy move and would not have won without it. Very smart move.
The one thing Gavin said that made me lean toward Chris - his answer for not looking for HII - since he had numbers in his favor.
Maybe if he found an idol before Devens the outcome would be different. That once piece of info - too confident is why I am happy Chris won.
It may seem unfair - but those are the rules - so fair.
Julie did not deserve any votes - she whined way to much throughout the season.

Baileycatts - if it is any consolation - Devens will be asked back.
I could also see Gavin coming back.

The extinction twist was annoying - but I am sure the producers think it was very successful - what Chris did is their proof - that we will probably see something like it again.

Preview for next season. I love Boston Rob - but him as mentor - not excited - but Sandra is the Queen!

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I'm kinda shocked Vic did not vote for Gavin! :wideeyes:

Me, too! And that Devens voted for Gavin, although he did seem really impressed that Gavin had made it all the way through the game without a vote.

And, totally off the wall comment, but has Jeff been ill? Either it was the camera angles, or maybe it was my TV, or maybe it was just me, but there were times at the Reunion show where he looked like he has been battling a health issue.

I just thought he looks like he's getting old. And his hair? Just say no to the gel and hairspray, Jeff.

I don't know what Lauren thought she was auditioning for in the opener, but I was snickering that they made her pull her hair over her shoulder and stop showing all the thigh for the rest of the show.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Totally unsatisfied, even though I was writing early-on in the game that I had a feeling Chris would be the one to come back with his 'wanting to play a perfect game' comments repeatedly told to us.

Gavin played a great game and it's not his fault he never was truly in big danger- that matched with the fact that he never received a single vote-- I know he was in the middle post-merge and we barely saw anything of him (and his winning tribe) in the first half, but then he really ran with it towards the end. The problem I have with someone who didn't play the majority of the game (on the actual island) is that they ARE building connections with everyone else and they are all rooting for each other more or less to get back in. I do agree that it was a huge move to give up immunity to beat Devens and get into the final, but Gavin and Julie had no power in that one moment.

I thought even during the final tribal debate that Gavin had it won. Chris was too hyper and eager to show everything (the few things in the end) that he did. Wentworth was pissed and some of the other players looked like they were annoyed but then voted for Chris anyways. But I think ANY player coming back into the game so late would've tried the exact same tactics-- maybe not putting themselves at risk by building fire, but pretty much everything else.

Please- never, ever again with this returning player thing and especially so late in the game with an advantage. It would've been different if they were all alone and not able to bond with each other 'outside' of the game.

tony

PS- Now that two of the most prolific winners of the past are back for season 39, I don't think they would go right back to play in season 40 (even if they filmed back-to-back). The all-winners season of players that would actually be good is already small..

Give me all new players and no ridiculous twists.

Susan1

:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed
NNNNNOOOOOOONNNNNNNOOONNNOOOO!!!!!!
Chris is not my winner!! Chris is not my winner!! Devins shoulda won! So there! :p

And Devins shoulda won. :p
The way they showed the jury reacting to him when they were asking questions, it looked most of them would have voted for him. I wanted them to all write his name down anyway. ha ha Then they could have had a second real vote. Why did the first wrong thing Devins did was not being able to make fire. Maybe he'll get a network anchor job and earn $1 million. At least he got the "favorite" prize from whoever that singer is. Is she the one who had a mop of straight hair down over her face on another finale. I guess CBS doesn't need to spend money on the fan favorite if she is going to pay it. "Fans" might have chosen somebody really stupid because they felt sorry for them.

love skating

Clueless American
AHAHAHAHAHA what the hell was with those Sandra & Rob giant head statues? :rofl: :rofl:

I can't stand Boston Rob and Sandra has become way too annoying for me... those statues will give me nightmares!! And if they aren't exactly playing but coaching then it means I'm stuck with them ALL season long?! I am already dreading this next season.

Anyway, congrats to Chris. I was torn between Gavin and him at the end. And thank you Devins for making the whole season!

tony

I didn’t like Devens but I obviously would’ve been fine with him winning. I’m curious to see where the two major Survivor blogs rank this season, because the casting was actually really great (Victoria, Aurora, Devens, even Reem had some comedy since we saw more than just 3 days of her), etc. but I think the majority of hardcore fans will be very unhappy with how the twist turned out.

Since Jeff really seems to be showing signs of aging lately, I actually could see Devens be a prime contender to take over the show. He already is in that line of work.

sk8pics

I really enjoyed this season but found the ending totally unsatisfying. Everyone was on the jury except for the 2 who left Extinction Island, right? So, a big jury, which was fine. It was interesting when Rick won his way back from Extinction, but I think it was too late that Chris got back into the game. He did make a gutsy move at the end, and he won 2 challenges, but almost anyone can hold it together for that brief of a time. Devens had such a long run of immunity challenges and hidden idols, and he worked so hard, I thought he really deserved the win. Too bad he gave the half of an idol back to Chris, otherwise he may have won the game. Heartbreaking that he failed at making fire after all that practice. And I never liked Gavin. He seemed a weaselly guy to me, who didn’t do all that much. I suppose, given the actual final 3, I would have voted for Chris, too, but I would not have been happy about it. He outlasted, but he only outplayed for a few days, but those were the key days. Meh.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Slightly OT, but the fire making tie-breaker at tribal council always reminds me of the one from Cook Islands when Becky and Sundra could not make fire. That's one of my all time favourite Survivor moments. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information