Survivor Edge of Extinction

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Well that was....confusing. Now I'm not even sure who is with who, other than Aurore being totally out from everyone else. Julie is a pain.

Jayar

The chaos made me happy. This is supposed to be a game. Nice to see that so many were willing to make a change to benefit their own games.

BaileyCatts

:rofl::rofl::rofl: OMG!! What the hell happened!!! I can't even figure out what the plan was *supposed* to be, but I don't think voting out Julia was the plan, was it?

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
:rofl::rofl::rofl: OMG!! What the hell happened!!! I can't even figure out what the plan was *supposed* to be, but I don't think voting out Julia was the plan, was it?
I believe the actual plan was David....Julia kind of stuck her foot in it, big time.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I thought Julie the weepy kind of let the cat out of the bag, then Aurora the clueless really blabbed, and figured Julia got the boot for being a strategic threat (and also obnoxious at the wrong moment)? No?

That was a real WTH tribal.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Rick Devins kinda has this David-first time around-attitude going on and I don't think I like him at this point. Whenever he gets a little bit of power, he really runs with it and makes sure everyone knows.

I thought I was going to like Julie, and I get why there is mass paranoia in this game, but she really blew up and probably for no reason at all. That tribe self-destructing was obvious from a mile away.

I know editing doesn't mean much anymore, but Lauren seems to be a focus of a lot of stuff. I think she's going far.

merrywidow

Tony, who is Lauren? The only people I can recognize are the 4 returning contestants. Oh, & Warthog. He's useless in competitions but surprised me last week with a pretty decent plan. I tho't he was dumb as well as useless.

tony

Tony, who is Lauren? The only people I can recognize are the 4 returning contestants. Oh, & Warthog. He's useless in competitions but surprised me last week with a pretty decent plan. I tho't he was dumb as well as useless.

She’s the one who fainted during the middle of the challenge. She’s had a rough go of it so far this season but she’s stuck with Kelley and I just have this feeling she (or both of them) end up very successful.

I could be wrong, though. Last season, I picked someone to win who promptly got voted out after idols or advantages were used and there was absolutely no foreshadowing of it.

I’m still going to guess that this episode is the one where the remaining players on Extinction battle it out to get back in the game, and then that little experiment is over.

DreamSkates

I thought last week's tribal was completely fascinating. Did you see the look on the juries faces? Whoa. Most of the time I watch and yawn until the vote. Not this time.
Secretly, I hope David wins. I don't know how he'll "survive" but ya never know. Oops, no longer a secret.

watchthis!!

Eight players now on the Edge of Extinction and eight players at the main camp. Will next episode begin with a two-team battle, with the winning eight going to the main camp and the losing eight going to the Edge of Extinction...or being the final jury?

tony

Eight players now on the Edge of Extinction and eight players at the main camp. Will next episode begin with a two-team battle, with the winning eight going to the main camp and the losing eight going to the Edge of Extinction...or being the final jury?

I’m really confused now what the plan is but that better not be it. They keep saying all of those players remaining are jury members and now I have no clue how they would cut any of them. Had they done the battle back today, the person who won re-entry would be among the top 11 and then guaranteed jury while the rest would be eliminated and sent home. Since that didn’t happen.. who knows?

This episode was weird. Straight to the immunity challenge, someone out after 25 minutes or so— I thought because we would see Extinction battling back but nope, another tribal. To be honest, I’m getting bored of the formula with this particular group of people.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I’m really confused now what the plan is but that better not be it. They keep saying all of those players remaining are jury members and now I have no clue how they would cut any of them. Had they done the battle back today, the person who won re-entry would be among the top 11 and then guaranteed jury while the rest would be eliminated and sent home. Since that didn’t happen.. who knows?

Everything I have seen supports the idea that anyone who does not raise the sail on EoE will be a jury member. So we'll have a larger than normal jury this year.

BaileyCatts

I haven't looked at a calendar to figure out the timing, but I thought maybe they had to do a 2 vote out tonight because they were running out of days til the finale. (And maybe didn't have enough interesting material to make another hour long show ... :rofl:).

tony

(And maybe didn't have enough interesting material to make another hour long show ... :rofl:).

I think it’s this. Everyone is all over the place this season and it should be exciting but aside from that wild tribal, it really hasn’t been. You can only show so much of wish-washy people plotting against just about everybody without it getting super confusing.

By the way, season 40 is
rumored to be all winners, so I’ve been watching previous seasons to remind myself of who I liked and I think they would really struggle to get 16 people to come back and play again— some of them would be total duds/uninteresting and some (Hatch, Todd) would likely be out for other life reasons. They’d probably get many of the more recent winners, and I don’t know how interesting that would be with plans probably already being made via social media.

smurfy

Interesting about Season 40.
I think Brian is one that will not be there - I don't think they would want him.

I am scrolling on my phone too much this season - bad sign.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Hmmm, Jeff has said he would never agree to an all-winners season because there are only 10 winners worth bringing back (all men, of course) and that wouldn't make for a good show. Plus a lot of them don't want to come back, athough at least two of them (Yul and Danni) have said that they would come back only for an all winner's season.

But Jeff lies to keep things interesting, so who knows?

watchthis!!

How about they bring back 16 former cast members who leaked spoilers? The catch is that while there are cameras planted around the island to film the action, there are no challenges or food or tribal councils. And no way to get off the island. Last survivor wins a million. If they can get back to civilization...

Lacey

Confused, so not even one of the do we call them "exiled" peeps will come back, will just be on the jury? I assumed they would have another contest to try to return. I want more David!

tony

Confused, so not even one of the do we call them "exiled" peeps will come back, will just be on the jury? I assumed they would have another contest to try to return. I want more David!

They told them after the last competition (in which Devins re-entered the game) that they still would have a chance to get back in. Now that it's so far into the game, I don't think it's really fair that someone who was voted out after 3 days has a serious chance at making the top 7 if not going all the way. You know if an early-out were to get back into the game, they wouldn't be involved in all the drama and shifting going on and they'd likely join in as an extra number for an already small alliance.

Regardless of the show (whether it be RPDR, Big Brother, or Project Runway in the case of someone quitting and them bringing someone back previously eliminated), I'm typically not a fan of people re-entering the game after missing out of a good part of the game. I didn't like it when it happened with Lil many years ago on Survivor, and I'm wondering if they were waiting to have all of the returning players voted out so that the chances of one of them getting back in is good/adds incentive.

Lacey

I see what you mean, they might wait a few more episodes to have more of a final Edge of Extinction exiles return thing. Would have been an interesting twist to have two out and one return each week.

What has struck me this year is the insistence of some, ah shall we say Wardog, who wanted returning from other season players to automatically be set up to be voted out, even if they had added something to this new game or if there were others more appropriate to get out that particular episode. He has lined them up in a row, ping, ping, ping and people were very gullible to believe his hands down they're out reasoning. I get it that they are considered past and now present probable "winners." But some have other value.

tony

I'd be lying if a tiny percentage of me isn't secretly hoping for Reem to return to the game at F5, go on an epic immunity run, and then win the entire season in a 5-4-4 bitter jury vote. Just for the complete lulz that would ensue. :lol:

But really, if it is at final 5 or even final 6, I'm sure she (or really anyone that was earlier out) will be the obvious extra number for one side versus someone coming back and getting voted right back out. At that point, it's all about having the advantage in numbers to get to the finals. On top of that, said person would probably be pulled to the finals anyways thinking that no one would ever vote for them as a player who didn't go through the 'whole' game.

watchthis!!

I want Reem to come back and re-organize people's wardrobes and dry out wet clothing on the sandy beach and then see somebody's head explode.

BaileyCatts

Yes. Wardog is gone. Well, for now anyway. I hope they have like one big game where all the Extinctions play for one spot and then they are outta here. I don't like this Extinction thing at all.

I'm all in for a Devins win. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information