Survivor Edge of Extinction

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
They are complete idiots to AGAIN not get rid of Wentworth, who has done nothing so far this game but is a threat from past play, and getting rid of someone physically strong who has done more in challenges to try to help them win than everyone else put together. What a bunch of tools. And Wendy has slipped past that fine line into annoying for me.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Wendy stirring shit up at camp is keeping me going with this season.

I find her entertaining to watch, but if I were marooned with her, she would disappear one day and never be found again.

They are complete idiots to AGAIN not get rid of Wentworth, who has done nothing so far this game but is a threat from past play, and getting rid of someone physically strong who has done more in challenges to try to help them win than everyone else put together.

Wardog is a strategic moron. And while he has no way of knowing this, Chris is (so far) the one most likely to come back to haunt him.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
If I were in camp and bored and heard Wendy chattering about the chickens, I would probably sneak off and let them free myself and then go blame her. I can’t see her talking her way out of this one, unless she gets moved to a completely different tribe with no other former teammates.

Tinami Amori

I'd rather this show did not set up situations where animals have to be killed by contestants. I would gladly support Wendy, IF she did not say that she does eat meat, red and poultry, back at home.

I appreciate the fact that Wendy was one of the first to be pro-active, to search and find an Immunity Idol. I also do not think it is fair to be after Wentworth. It is not "wrong" to be a returning contestant, she can't help it, it is a fact. To hold it against her is "bias" in expectations that "she maybe better at something". So what if she is, it is a deserted island. She has not done anything wrong to anyone, or has been a set back for the tribe. not fair.

smurfy

If I were in camp and bored and heard Wendy chattering about the chickens, I would probably sneak off and let them free myself and then go blame her. I can’t see her talking her way out of this one, unless she gets moved to a completely different tribe with no other former teammates.

Your last sentence is spot on... almost. :p
What a different swap. Still don't know several folks. I really think it is a mistake to swap this early.
But do they do it to avoid pagonging?
Wendy is just annoying, at first she intrigued me, but I am not sure she gets it.

Edge of Extinction - Reem sure does hold a grudge but will eat the fish her enemy catches. Hoping she and Keith (right name? young guy she taught to swim) DO NOT get back in the game.

Has it been 3 episodes now ? Still do not know some folks names.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
That was the worst tribe swap ever, but it does speak to the basic honesty of the game, because you KNOW that's not what anyone in production wanted.

I know who Julia is, but where did that Aurora person come from?

BaileyCatts

Aw darn .... I liked that guy whose name I still don't know that got voted off. He was funny. Whoever he was. :rofl:

I still don't get the point of 'Extinction Island'. Boring.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I still don't get the point of 'Extinction Island'. Boring.

I think it's the best thing about the Pagonging of....whatever the name of the tribe is.

Everyone who gets voted out was one of the people who voted out everyone who has gone ahead. It's one thing when they all meet up at Loser Lodge and take a nice vacation together, but here they all having to huddle together with their grudges in the rain.

My money is still on Chris to make it back into the game, since he is the only who appears to have accepted his boot humbly and learned from it. Survivor loves that stuff.

merrywidow

I'm surprised that all 4 former players are still in the game. It seems that they are the ones the current Survivor are about. So, go Joe, go David!! (I don't trust that "Watchdog" or "Moondog" or whatever he's called.)

Susan1

I'm surprised that all 4 former players are still in the game. It seems that they are the ones the current Survivor are about. So, go Joe, go David!! (I don't trust that "Watchdog" or "Moondog" or whatever he's called.)
The only reason I know it's "Wardog" is because I thought they were saying #Wart hog" until I saw his name printed at the bottom when he was talking. :)

Susan1

just searched for "wardog" -
"If Dan DaSilva is truly the Wardog he says he is, then Survivor: Edge of Extinction is the perfect test for him, as the game is a war of attrition.
"

BaileyCatts

Why the feck didn't they get rid of Wardog. Gawd I hate that guy! He does absolutely nothing, he is terrible at challenges, he's an idiot (hello Idol right in front of your face dumbass but thank gawd he didn't see it!), and he simply dictates how people should vote and won't even let other people strategy talk. Why was this guy made "the star" before the show even started because I saw lots of chatter about 'Wardog' before I even saw the first episode. Ugh!!

smurfy

2 episodes! Heard some names I don't remember hearing before - Aurora Victoria Gavin.....
Not bad for 2 episodes and finally some other tribes/people.
Boy is Wardog annoying. Wish he was voted out.
Edge of Extinction - Reem and Keith - how annoying are they.
Next week looks interesting with the merge and the voted out players showing up.
I assume one will get back into the game - hoping either Chris (is that the right name). depending on the challenge - Aubrey has a shot.
back to watching worlds

tony

I really don't know how this game is going to work now with someone potentially coming back from day three to-- who knows when the extinction competition will happen again? But I knew immediately when Jeff had everyone tell their sob story that he was going to announce everyone was still in it..

Also, with 13 players currently still in the game and typically 11 making the jury/finals, do we think the second competition is going to happen again after just three more tribals? Down to 10 at that point, whoever gets back in the game is guaranteed a seat on the jury at the least and then probably no more extinction?

Chris continuing to get airtime about wanting to play the perfect game makes me think he really is still in the running to continue on.

BTW- I want to like Wendy and her lack of awareness but she has to be one of the worst players ever. She was on the extinction island for minimal time, came VERY close to going back into the game, and she already gave up.

Last edited:

smurfy

Who the heck is Ron and when did he arrive? Julia?
Seems so different with some folks now getting screentime.
And Ron shown getting too big for his britches - voted out next??

Tony - ITA - not sure what they are going to do? Maybe one more coming back from Edge of Extinction?
and a double eviction?
Aubrey is getting a nice edit - so was wondering if she might make it back, but then
Joe gets voted out - he might come back!

There are splits in the dominant alliance so it could get interesting......

Susan1

I really don't know how this game is going to work now with someone potentially coming back from day three to-- who knows when the extinction competition will happen again? But I knew immediately when Jeff had everyone tell their sob story that he was going to announce everyone was still in it..
I was thinking they should have rewarded the three people who stayed on Extinction Island with their own feast. They earned it.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Why did Keith and Wendy leave? At the challenge, they were cheering away about getting to stay in the game, then we cut to the two of them raising the flag and sailing off, talking about how proud of themselves they are. :huh:

Not that I will miss Keith. Wendy was kind of interesting, but I thought Keith was a real waste of space.

How long is Reem going to be REALLY ANGRY? She gives me the impression that she emerged from the womb enraged and has been angry ever since.

And who are all those people who suddenly showed up and were acting like they had been there all along?

Hahahahaha at Wardog's face as the vote went down. :lol:

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
Why did Keith and Wendy leave? At the challenge, they were cheering away about getting to stay in the game, then we cut to the two of them raising the flag and sailing off, talking about how proud of themselves they are. :huh:

Not that I will miss Keith. Wendy was kind of interesting, but I thought Keith was a real waste of space.

How long is Reem going to be REALLY ANGRY? She gives me the impression that she emerged from the womb enraged and has been angry ever since.

And who are all those people who suddenly showed up and were acting like they had been there all along?

Hahahahaha at Wardog's face as the vote went down. :lol:

I read (I think in the Probst EW interview) that Wendy and Keith were caught up in the moment/enthusiasm at the challenge, but when they got back to the island they decided they didn’t want to be there any more.

ITA on the “who are these people?” moment. :lol:

Kasey

Won't miss Wendy or Keith. Now I'm thinking it will be interesting who returns from Extinction the second time. But I think it sucks that Reem, the very first person voted out, will get to be a part of the jury, if that's how it works out. Maybe they'll let one more person in from Extinction, then the others go home, and are not on the jury? Weird.

tony

Won't miss Wendy or Keith. Now I'm thinking it will be interesting who returns from Extinction the second time. But I think it sucks that Reem, the very first person voted out, will get to be a part of the jury, if that's how it works out. Maybe they'll let one more person in from Extinction, then the others go home, and are not on the jury? Weird.

I don’t think they are going to switch any rules around now (re: the 8- person jury and three finalists). They are letting people watch the tribal councils at this point because I think two episodes from now, when there are 10 left, one of those people who is at Extinction will be the final one to get back into the game with that twist and they need to know everything happening with the votes. That person would be, at the least, a member of the jury.

And this idea gives us more of an insight to the first-outs, which as of late really get no airtime during the live finale reunion.

Kasey

Tony, I think you have it just right. And that does help the eventual returnee have some insight into the alliances he or she may be falling back into.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I find it to be an interesting concept that anyone who sticks around on extinction gets to be a jury member -- or so that's how it appears. Unless the losers after the next returnee competition end up being sent home. Still, though, I can't help but think this twist was implemented as a safety net for the returning players. Not unlike how Redemption Island conveniently was put in place when Rob and Russell were brought back.

That being said, the last episode was a lot more interesting than the first part of the season, IMO.

sk8pics

I find it to be an interesting concept that anyone who sticks around on extinction gets to be a jury member -- or so that's how it appears. Unless the losers after the next returnee competition end up being sent home. Still, though, I can't help but think this twist was implemented as a safety net for the returning players. Not unlike how Redemption Island conveniently was put in place when Rob and Russell were brought back.

That being said, the last episode was a lot more interesting than the first part of the season, IMO.
My assumption is that those folks still on extinction are part of the jury so they’ll have some idea of what’s going on if they make it back into the game. I’d think anyone who doesn’t make it back into the game at some point will end up going home, not a permanent part of the jury.

smurfy

What the flick did I just watch?

Multiple examples of poor jury management?
Aurora, and then Julia, even though Julia did handle herself well after the vote.
Julie - just self evict - such a cry baby.

Why do so many dislike Rick Devin? He seems ok to me. Is it his alliance with David? What did I miss?
There is something off this season - I feel like I do not know some of these people yet.
Didn't really know Aurora or Julie before tonight - but I don't like either of them.
Ron seemed to handle being knocked down a peg ok.
Maybe I should watch some old episodes, but I am on season 6 of Game of Thrones - higher priority and Amazing Race is starting again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information