Space Tourism

Japanfan

I hope this will not become SOP on the ground considering his Amazon employees already have to urinate in bottles because they don't have time for breaks.
Women too? That does not seem at all likely, given that all the male employees might be given a clear view of the ladies bottoms, if they were wearing pants.

VGThuy

No one thinks the ultra rich should exist - except the ultra rich themselves.
And those who aren't rich themselves or at least those who aren't close to being a billionaire, but buy into the con and think we should be grateful for little morsels these ultra wealthy throw once in a while (while not acknowledging everything they've taken from us and how much most of the population pays for them to have their lifestyles). It's like when the ultra rich used to throw coins for the poor peasant children during wedding ceremonies who were on the brink of starvation. We all should be so grateful.

clairecloutier

I'm not going to praise people like Bezos and Gates for giving out little bits here and there, for their own PR benefit, when they should instead be better citizens, stop trying to bust/prevent formation of unions, pay their taxes properly, and stop fighting reasonable tax reform (which Gates, at least, has done publicly).

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
America is a free country and he can spend his money how he sees fit?!

I understand NASA was involved to some extent so any engineering advancements would be shared.

How is it different from him spending millions on a Never Never Land a la Jackson or some other "rich person's toy?"
You do realize that if NASA is involved taxpayer money is being spent.
Our resources are finite. I think they should be better prioritized.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I'm not going to praise people like Bezos and Gates for giving out little bits here and there, for their own PR benefit, when they should instead be better citizens, stop trying to bust/prevent formation of unions, pay their taxes properly, and stop fighting reasonable tax reform (which Gates, at least, has done publicly).
They are not compelled to do anything. Bill and Melinda Gates have a huge foundation.

I don't get what the upside of this is....except bragging rights. And right now with businesses (like mine) fighting to make payroll, kids not able to go to school, people sick and scared......they have to be tone deaf to think showing off in the midst of all this is a cool move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information