Soucisse & Firus Cheer Thread!

mag

IIRC, someone around here once floated the idea of Dirty Dancing for them. I almost hate to bring that up, because I'm not the world's biggest Dirty Dancing fan. :) And yet, on reflection, it might be a really good fit for them. If they want to go sexy, I think they need to make it a light and playful kind of sexy. Some of the songs from DD would let them do that. And it could give Caro a bit of a character arc to work with and something to build to, rather than having her just be smoldering the whole time.

Carolanne does have a bit of a Jennifer Grey vibe so that really could work.

Jammers

It's funny i never thought about D/W being shorter then many of their competitiors. Maybe because they skated with such speed and power and attack it made them seem taller.

The Observer

@clairecloutier I believe Shane would be thrilled to be as “short” as Charlie White. I know what his bio says, 170cm, but they probably measured him in his skates, with lifts, and to the top of his hair! Shane grew up around here and he is probably closer to Keegan Messing, 163cm. I never thought being shorter would be a disadvantage in figure skating, but I agree, in this case (and probably in Keegan’s) it really is. Charlie, by the way is listed at 175cm or almost 5’9”.

Yeah, Charlie White is average height, and is taller than Shane. Charlie may not be tall, but he isn't short, either. And I think Scott Moir is about the same height as Charlie.

Shane does have a very cute, puppy dog face, though.

Reactions: mag

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Happy birthday to Carolane today (and to Shane on the 21st)! She posted on Instagram for the first time since nationals. They've both been pretty quiet since then, but I hope they're feeling better after their disappointment and getting ready to start rebuilding.

Wyliefan

Carolane posted in yesterday's Instastory that this week is program week, so hopefully we'll hear something soon about music. Fingers crossed that this season they get two programs that really suit them.

puglover

Both C/L and G/F from Italy are shorter and the ISU lists G/F as 161 cm/165 which makes him shorter than most of the female partners. They seem to have such fast feet which is generally appealing. As I checked the heights, should they be correct and up to date, P/C are 166/186, S/K are 167/180 and S/B are 170/186. It is sometimes surprising who appears taller as I would have thought S/K to be a taller team, at least the females. I remember being very surprised that Marie France and Megan Wing were very close in height but Marie France always appeared taller and to have longer lines than Megan.

IloveFS

Carolanne does have a bit of a Jennifer Grey vibe so that really could work.
Yes, totally agree that Soucisse could definitely be Jennifer Grey-esque and skate to Dirty Dancing!!! I also see La La Land for this team!

mag

Yes, totally agree that Soucisse could definitely be Jennifer Grey-esque and skate to Dirty Dancing!!! I also see La La Land for this team!

I wonder if they would even consider La la land given that Liam’s La la land free was arguably one of the best La la land choreography to date.

Wyliefan

Personally, I love LLL and would love to see them skate to it -- but since a lot of people don't like it and already consider it a warhorse, they might catch too much flak for it.

Peepsquick

Both C/L and G/F from Italy are shorter and the ISU lists G/F as 161 cm/165 which makes him shorter than most of the female partners. They seem to have such fast feet which is generally appealing. As I checked the heights, should they be correct and up to date, P/C are 166/186, S/K are 167/180 and S/B are 170/186. It is sometimes surprising who appears taller as I would have thought S/K to be a taller team, at least the females. I remember being very surprised that Marie France and Megan Wing were very close in height but Marie France always appeared taller and to have longer lines than Megan.

Are you sure for S/B? She looks smaller and he taller ...(?)

Peepsquick

I like this team and hope they have a better season this time around. Carolane reminds me of Marie-France somehow. I hope she finds the right material for them!

Wyliefan

First look at their Tom Jones FD (they were 3rd in the free and 4th overall at Lake Placid). Alas, the sound cuts out for the first part. Stupid copyright laws.

General first impressions: Their speed has improved. Lifts look great. The middle part needs a lot more connection and expression. I think the last third looks strongest (though it's really hard to tell how the first third is without music!). I can't wait till we can see this with better camera angles and see what the facial expressions and so forth contribute to it. Her gold dress looks nice!

Because of a bad stream, no one seems to have been able to catch their RD. I can't believe they've now skated it in competition and we still don't know what it is! :wall:

Peepsquick

I'll be rooting for them ... they have so much potential. I am really curious about their RD (this year's theme should be right up their alley!)
I prefer them to Carrera/Ponomarenko to be honest. I was not wowed by C/P's latest FD.
Of course all of this is brand new and will evolve. Let's see ...

vanillashake

Banned Member
Are they a couple off the ice too? I hope they can beat out Lajoie & Lagha for the 3rd spot to worlds but probably a long shot.

Wyliefan

We have an answer at last!! Ice-dance.com says they skated to a Four Seasons medley that included "Oh What a Night (December 1963)." So it must be from "Jersey Boys," the Four Seasons musical.

Wyliefan

Apparently they had timing issues on the pattern. It was marked YTTT. It looked all right to me, as I'm in no tecknik :) , but that may be what some of you picked up on.

Wyliefan

They won! :cheer2: I'm so glad for them. I know it's only a small competition, but to get a win after last season, and to finally beat Smart/Diaz after trailing them for so long, has to give them a mental boost. 110.93 FD, 184.55 total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information