So Phil Hersh and his new disgusting trash article about 2010 men’s competition

caseyedwards

I love how ten years later our friend caseyedwards is still banging on about this :lol:
Hersh is still banging on about it! He hates the fact anyone complained about Lysaceks win! He says Plushenko benefitted from politics but not lysacek. When official ISU judge leaders were smearing Plushenko! I mean it’s crazy! So much of the hersh article is total megadiatribe against anyone who doesn’t love a quadless mens winner

caseyedwards

You sound upset that he didn't mention you by name. Which he probably should have, seeing as how you worked so hard posting your delusional grievances on multiple sites :lol:

What’s delusional? The whole ISU made pro quad changes after the massive uproar after the victory of quadlessness! Ladies are doing quads now! Without the reaction to Lysaceks quadlessness would Liu be doing quads now? Would nathan chen be doing so many? No. Quads would likely be just as rare and maybe just a european thing

I interviewed one of the judges less than a month after the event, and one thing stuck with me. He said people were complaining that Plushenko did the quad and because of that and that alone, he should’ve won. He then encouraged Adrian Schultheiss of Sweden to be petitioning since he landed the best quad of the night and didn’t even finish in the top 10, let alone win.

What a snide antiquad activist judge

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
@caseyedwards, just out of curiosity, what do you hope to accomplish with these rants? You're not going to undo the fact that Evan is an Olympic champion. He always will be. You won't change that. No authority is going to wake up one morning and realize, "Good heavens, casey is right, we must strip Evan of his gold medal!" Don't you think it might feel better just to let it go after all these years?

caseyedwards

@caseyedwards, just out of curiosity, what do you hope to accomplish with these rants? You're not going to undo the fact that Evan is an Olympic champion. He always will be. You won't change that. No authority is going to wake up one morning and realize, "Good heavens, casey is right, we must strip Evan of his gold medal!" Don't you think it might feel better just to let it go after all these years?
Don’t hope to accomplish anything but to express my opinion of hersh opinion. But why should I change my opinion when hersh hasn’t changed his and really hates anyone who opposed Lysaceks win and supports men winning without a quad? Hersh also said Russians were political but not Americans when an American judge was Using his position to attack Plushenko regardless of inman was using plushenkos own words!

bardtoob

He says Plushenko benefitted from politics but not lysacek. When official ISU judge leaders were smearing Plushenko! I
Don’t hope to accomplish anything but to express my opinion of hersh opinion. But why should I change my opinion when hersh hasn’t changed his and really hates anyone who opposed Lysaceks win and supports men winning without a quad? Hersh also said Russians were political but not Americans when an American judge was Using his position to attack Plushenko regardless of inman was using plushenkos own words!

Actually, Plushenko and Lysacek both benefited from Russian politics :p

The fact of the matter is that this was a showdown between Tarasova, Lysacek's choreographer for the prior season, and Mishin, Plushenko's coach. Tarasova was trying to push the IJS forward while Mishin was holding it back.*

* I also heard TPTB were trying to get Frank Carroll his Olympic Gold Medalist because apparently some do think Fratianne and Kwan were good enough for Olympic Gold; yeah, some do think Lipinski's Eastern Europe surname helped her in the American vs American battle because the USFSA was apparently pissed off that the judge's chose the "wrong" American.

Last edited:

Japanfan

Hersh is still banging on about it! He hates the fact anyone complained about Lysaceks win! He says Plushenko benefitted from politics but not lysacek. When official ISU judge leaders were smearing Plushenko! I mean it’s crazy! So much of the hersh article is total megadiatribe against anyone who doesn’t love a quadless mens winner

I have never liked Lysacek and have always been a Plush uber. But I saw the competition live - Lysacek clearly won it. Plush was a shadow of the previously great skater he had been.

caseyedwards

I have never liked Lysacek and have always been a Plush uber. But I saw the competition live - Lysacek clearly won it. Plush was a shadow of the previously great skater he had been.

And I totally disagree because before Vancouver I watched Torino and Plushenko was clearly clearly better in Vancouver. Better In jumps and better in energy in program. Torino was so close to his injuries that he really did bare minimum and was lucky in many ways that everyone was so bad! But in Vancouver he was clearly a better skater than he was in 2006 and was the only man in Vancouver- amazingly the only man in Vancouver- he did quad triples and triple axels and level 4 spins and it was an amazing display of him clearly being the best. I mean in Torino he doubled a jump but not in Vancouver. I assume you would also say Plushenko in 2006 was a shadow of his former self too

Maybe the fact is just shadow of Plushenko deserved to win 2 Olympics

Last edited:

caseyedwards

Actually, Plushenko and Lysacek both benefited from Russian politics :p

The fact of the matter is that this was a showdown between Tarasova, Lysacek's choreographer for the prior season, and Mishin, Plushenko's coach. Tarasova was trying to push the IJS forward while Mishin was holding it back.*

* I also heard TPTB were trying to get Frank Carroll his Olympic Gold Medalist because apparently some do think Fratianne and Kwan were good enough for Olympic Gold; yeah, some do think Lipinski's Eastern Europe surname helped her in the American vs American battle because the USFSA was apparently pissed off that the judge's chose the wrong American.
Why would Tarasova have become an antiquad activist?

MsZem

I see the sea
And, since it's been discussed to death a million times- the narrative that you want @caseyedwards is that Inman came up with this all on his own. In fact, Plushenko is the one who said it and even brought Brian Joubert down with him in the process. I think it's a valid question when someone says 'we don't have any transitions'.
No, Joubert did that all on his own in Vancouver...

Rehashing the Great Quad Controversy is not a good use of our time, but FWIW Plushenko's statement was made at some presser for a show, and nobody involved was a native English speaker, so who knows what exactly he was trying to say.

I interviewed one of the judges less than a month after the event, and one thing stuck with me. He said people were complaining that Plushenko did the quad and because of that and that alone, he should’ve won. He then encouraged Adrian Schultheiss of Sweden to be petitioning since he landed the best quad of the night and didn’t even finish in the top 10, let alone win.
Schultheiss :inavoid:

Do you still have that interview somewhere in your files? I remember reading it at the time and it was super-interesting.

MsZem

I see the sea
Did you watch any of the other competitions while in Vancouver? Who do you think to look out for in the next four years leading up to the 2014 Sochi Games?

PI: I only watched the pairs event and the mens long program, since I was not assigned to judge that.

Look out for Patrick Chan, Denis Ten and Florent Amodio. And don’t forget Javier Fernandez, either.
Not bad! Right up there with Sara Hurtado correctly predicting the Sochi dance podium back in 2011.

jenny12

All I know is that Yuzuru Hanyu was DEFINITELY ROBBED in 2010 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!!!!!!!! F*&# the judges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bardtoob

What did she know about that in 2010! I mean I liked it but mostly everyone said her bells of Moscow for mao was awful awful work

Yeah, that program was very the wife of Dracula dies from an overdose of garlic laces meth, but it still seems more dignified than the gimmicky ending to Yuna's SP.

Icandance

I covered both Lysacek and Plushenko during most of their skating careers. Never thought Plushenko was an artist but a great athlete. Lysacek was one of the tallest male single skaters and moved so easily and gracefully across the ice with high jumps. Evan was also very good public speaker off the ice with an easy charm. I have great respect for the way Evan handled both his failures and successes. I wish he and his bride much happiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information