Skaters with great basics plus musicality

coppertop1

She reminds of Mao Asada. :love: Mao seemed to just float across the ice in the most graceful and ethereal way... Marin has that similar quality. It's going to sound weird, but I also love Marin's hands. She performs her movement all the way through to her fingertips and it's so beautiful to me.

I'd love to see her breakthrough this year as well...or at least find some consistency and have strong competitions.

I don't think it's weird to love a skater's hands. It's part of the interpretation and Marin really does interpret it so beautifully.

I would say so many Japanese skaters, especially the ladies, have great basic skating technique and musicality. They're so soft and fluid.

screech

Watching the Skate America SP, I always forget how good Keegan Messing's basics are - he has a major ease of flow across the ice, and he twists and turns and moves his feet so well. His musicality is up for debate, but there's no denying his showmanship!

canbelto

Johnny Weir? He wasn't very consistent but his basic stroking and edge takeoffs and landings were a thing of beauty.

As for others: Gordeeva/Grinkov, Virtue/Moir, Gracie Gold ... when she wasn't imploding the speed and height and smoothness to her skating was a real wow.

Polaris

Johnny Weir? He wasn't very consistent but his basic stroking and edge takeoffs and landings were a thing of beauty.

As for others: Gordeeva/Grinkov, Virtue/Moir, Gracie Gold ... when she wasn't imploding the speed and height and smoothness to her skating was a real wow.

Gracie wasn't musical though. There's been so much criticism about her dead face and lack of artistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information