Skate Canada 2023 Womens FS - Splatatouille

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Not really any identity to her skating yet, but what sets her apart from pretty much every other Korean since Yuna (well even Yuna at some points..) is that she has pacing to her program and involves her whole body in the movements. I feel like all the other Koreans look the same because they all sprint through the programs with the same whimsical style more often than not.

The short program was more engaging, but I still like her skating a whole lot.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Chaeyeon Kim is just showing so much potential. There's a lot of choreographic nuance in this program that I am loving. And she's performing with her whole body. So much variation in the height/plane she's performing in.

The performance is getting a bit sloppier in the 2nd half, but still the best of the competition. Just such amazing ability to hold tension, uses curves to perform with the music, extending with her fingertips. I really hope she stays healthy the rest of this cycle. She's going to be a star in a few years if she can.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
No comment about Chaeyeon except to say thank you for also doing your job and skating clean and keeping Maddie off the podium.

skatingguy

decently
Kim, Chaeyeon 🇰🇷
Coach: Hyungkyung Choi, Nahyun Kim
Music: Le bal des folles by Asaf Avidan

2A
3Lz+3T
3Lo

3F!<
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
3F!<+2T+2Lo
3Lz+2A+SEQ
Step Sequence 4
Choreo Sequence
3S
Fly Camel Spin 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

This young woman is on a mission to be on the World Championship podium this season. Not the most impactful performance, but this music certainly creates a mood that she can work with.

130.84 = 3rd Place
201.15 = 1st Place

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kim: tiny jumps, but she gets them done. Basics not as strong as Matsuike's. Good interpretation of the music. Her consistency is wonderful, maybe the best of the current Korean ladies.

peibeck

Simply looking
Kim: nice jumps, but her edges seemed not so stable at places throughout that skate. Presentation very lacking today.

Sally1214

Kim was technically very strong but, after Rino, she seemed quite expressionless.

eta: Phew .... you could just feel the relief of Kim and her coach when that placement came up, couldn't you?

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Lovely, but forced at times. She skates like it’s her job and she’s well trained but does she enjoy it?

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I loved that from Kim.

The front of the costume is kinda fug up close, but the effect on the ice is fine and I love the back of the dress.

A little tired at the end but I look forward to seeing this develop over the season :cheer2:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
:rolleyes: and ffs.....

All you whining about Maddie's FS placement. Maddie skated very well for Maddie.

All those girls you are :wuzrobbed would have been ahead if they rotated their f**king jumps...
I mean I think it's more about the PCS, at least in the first instance.

But in any event, they are ahead of Schizas overall.

'all of you' seems rather dramatic for the amount of people (person) who has said something, but maybe that's just me.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Lovely, but forced at times. She skates like it’s her job and she’s well trained but does she enjoy it?
It seems to be a Korean thing.
My dad's favourite piano student is also Korean and she never showed any emotions or feelings, but has remained his most loyal student and even friend to our whole family for like 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information