Skate Canada 2023 Women SP - Twirl One, Splat Two

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I like Mark's commentary and think (quite a few :p) people could learn some skating and judging basics from what he has to say.

It sounds like he's in a really small room and his voice is muddy-- I think because the mic is on the whole time, it might mess with the audio in-arena but not sure.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The commentators do what the producers tell them to do, so just tune it out if you don't like it. It's not that hard.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Not a bad skate for Sara only 4 points off personal best. But I know she can do it better

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I noticed during the warmup that the athlete introductions were not matching audio vs video. I switched to casting from my phone via the dailymotion link and I think it's fine now.
I restarted the video and it seems to be back to normal. I'm glad you found a way to make it work and I will definitely keep that in mind in case I need to try it.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Mae-Berenice needs to lose the voice overs to start the program.

Jay42

The problem with Gem being behind the ISU stream is knowing that something bad is happening and having to wait. That is so many red blips already.

Jay42

Yeah, the music sounds like it's coming straight out of Mark's mic and that's distracting.

I love Meite's energy and she's a wonderful person, but the jump technique has not gone anywhere in 10 years.
She moves so well. I almost wish she could/would transition into solo dance because she'd probably do well not having to jump.

danafan

Canadian ladies ĂĽber
Yes, by at least 10-15 seconds.

I thought it was just me, so I was going to try restarting the app, but it sounds like it's the same for everyone. :(
Try the dailymotion link. It seems to be better though I don't hear any audience reactions during Meite's program and the video is a little choppy...

skatingguy

decently
Meite, Mae Berenice 🇫🇷
Coach: Lorenzo Magri, John Zimmerman, Silvia Fontana
Music: They Don’t Really Care About Us by M. Jackson

2A - tight landing, no flow
3Lo< - fall
Fly Camel Spin 3 - struggled to get hold the position

Layback Spin 3
2Lz+COMBO
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 3

Rough skate. Can't really say much about the program because she was so off-axis in the first few elements.

41.65 = 2nd Place

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information