Skate America 2021 Returns to Las Vegas

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I applied for the more expensive option (Global something?) and then the ********* screwed me. My husband has TSA Precheck and he never remembers to use it.
I think it is called Global Entry. I still need to apply for it but in the meantime I have TSA Precheck and Clear. That makes the line much shorter.

All you have to do is add the KTN for Precheck to your account on that airline. Since I fly Southwest airline most of the time, it is easy. My KTN is on it. For American airline I had to add it while booking my ticket on line.

In the Clear line I am often the only one. However recently at Denver airport there were 4-5 people ahead of me.

azcalder

Thanks for posting the updated schedule. Our flight home isn't until 11:30 PM that night so we should be good to go on staying for the entire exhibition. :)
Thanks for posting the updated schedule. Our flight home isn't until 11:30 PM that night so we should be good to go on staying for the entire exhibition. :)
The Raiders / Eagles game begins at 1:05 pm, which means the airport may get quite crowded 5-7 pm. Raider fans, who will make up the majority in the stands, often fly in for the game and fly home right afterwards.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Raider fans, who will make up the majority in the stands, often fly in for the game and fly home right afterwards.
Which amuses me because one of the pitches for why Vegas should take the Raiders is for the tourist dollars they would bring in.

AnnM

Which amuses me because one of the pitches for why Vegas should take the Raiders is for the tourist dollars they would bring in.

I'm not sure I agree with this premise. I used to fly from SoCal to Oakland fairly regularly and while it's true Raider fans dominated the crowd on my Sunday evening flights back to SoCal, there were still a substantial number of fans who were on my Friday flights up to Oakland who were clearly making a full weekend trip out of it. Even if it's just a short amount of time, when multiplied over the number of out of area attendees, it'll still be a big $$$ boost for Vegas.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed

The Raiders / Eagles game begins at 1:05 pm, which means the airport may get quite crowded 5-7 pm. Raider fans, who will make up the majority in the stands, often fly in for the game and fly home right afterwards.

Forget Raiders' Fans. :D

Eagles fans will be mobbing, and I mean mobbing, the airport. No one travels like my fellow Birds fans, and a game in Vegas?

I have been sounding this alarm on this for some time. ;). ETA: I will bet Nathan's quads there will be more Eagles fans than Raiders fans in the stadium.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm not sure I agree with this premise.
I'm not the OP but I don't think she was stating a premise. Just pointing out that not all fans make a weekend trip of it and so will make the airports crowded after a game. And actually, even the weekenders probably leave after the Sunday game is over.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is anyone else having a hard time finding a hotel room that isn't $400 a night??
I just looked up hotels.com. There are several under $250/night. Orleans is around $209/night. Gold Coast is $202 per night. There are others That are under $300. I saw one under $200.

Last edited:

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I just looked up hotels.com. There are several under $250/night. Orleans is around $209/night. Gold Coast is $202 per night. There are others That are under $300. I saw one under $200.
When I made my plans for Vegas I secured a b/b condo at the Tropicana (??? It might not be that but something similar sounding) and it was surprisingly cheap for a 2bed with an extra pull out couch bed. I even want to say under $150/night. Try looking at b/b's.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I will be at xxxxxxx which is less than 1 mile From the Orleans. At night though I may use Lyft. Not sure if the area is safe to walk at night.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I wonder if I should drive instead of walking? I don't plan on driving 300 miles to get there. Car rental is outrageously expensive these days. Neither option appears good.

YukiNieve

I spoke to a USFS staff and he told me:

-Attendees will be required to wear masks in the arena. As of right now, there is no plan for requiring a proof of vaccination.

-Concessions will be open and spectators can eat in the stands.

He also told me that FOFS breakfast may look a bit different this time to minimize the contact with the athletes. I'm like, do we even need a breakfast session this time!? 😂

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I spoke to a USFS staff and he told me:

-Attendees will be required to wear masks in the arena. As of right now, there is no plan for requiring a proof of vaccination.

-Concessions will be open and spectators can eat in the stands.

He also told me that FOFS breakfast may look a bit different this time to minimize the contact with the athletes. I'm like, do we even need a breakfast session this time!? 😂
With the 11am event start time on Sunday, the breakfast would have to be too early anyway.

A.H.Black

If it's a live broadcast, 12 skaters, 1:00 PM.

Edited to add - I'm an idiot. I'm confusing Skate America with Nationals and getting neither right. Look below - Meggonzo is probably right.

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I will be at xxxxxxx which is less than 1 mile From the Orleans. At night though I may use Lyft. Not sure if the area is safe to walk at night.

I don't know which direction that mile is, but IME in Vegas one block can be fine and the next can be really sketchy. Also, the blocks are realllllly long on the Strip and in the surrounding areas. Something that looks like a two-block walk on a map can take a long time to walk. I'd take Lyft to be safe.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
There are also the shuttle bus services from the airport to the hotels. If you don't mind seeing a bit more of the city on your way to the hotel - unless your hotel happens to be first on the drop-off route - those are less expensive and pretty safe. I've never had a problem using one, except for the occasional grumpy driver.

Carolla5501

There are also the shuttle bus services from the airport to the hotels. If you don't mind seeing a bit more of the city on your way to the hotel - unless your hotel happens to be first on the drop-off route - those are less expensive and pretty safe. I've never had a problem using one, except for the occasional grumpy driver.

When we were there the shuttle buses were not running.

Now demand in Vegas is coming back so they may be back but be sure to reserve in advance to make sure you can get one I would not plan on just walking up to the booth and buying a ticket like you could pre -pandemic

Carolla5501

My big issue right now is that my driver's license expired and my passport and I might not get either in time to fly! :mad:
Don't panic... just take the expired documents to the airport. They are currently accepting expired licenses (Put the link an info below)

Having had to fly without an ID I found a couple of things useful. 1. I happened to have in my briefcase mail that had been sent to me. They liked that :) 2. If you are with someone that helps they can vouch for you. 3. Just be patient and be prepared for 20 questions and FULL search, pat down, they will go through ALL of your luggage etc. I did have pre-check so they could dig up info on me for me to confirm but it was a pain!

Give your self LOTS of extra time. I would be there 3 hours in advance.

• Expired Driver’s License and REAL ID Extension
RealID
If your driver's license or state-issued ID expired on or after March 1, 2020, and you are unable to renew at your state driver’s license agency, you may still use it as acceptable identification at the checkpoint. TSA will accept expired driver’s licenses or state-issued ID a year after expiration. DHS has extended the REAL ID enforcement deadline to May 3, 2023. Learn more about REAL ID on TSA’s REAL ID webpage.

Forgot Your ID?​

In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you choose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

TSA recommends that you arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information