Share your most memorable Ennio Morricone skating programs

Sylvia

TBD
Starting this thread in honor of the venerable, Oscar-winning film composer who has passed away at the age of 91.

Copying over these 2 posts from his thread in OTBT:
So sad to hear of his passing. RIP. Some of my all-time favourite skating music was from him, The Mission.

Had to watch on of my favourite programs with his music in his honour:
Rest In Peace. I loved his compositions for Cinema Paradiso , the Mission, la Califfa - used in my favorite ever Pairs short program

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Daisuke Takahashi’s exhibition to “The Crisis” at 2012 4CC. I was in the front row, and it was one of the few times in 20 years of attending events that I’ve given an exhibition a standing O. I was so inspired by his performance and loved the piece of music so much that I gave it an important role in one of my books.

MsZem

I see the sea
Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze's Lady Caliph really is the best of them, but here are a few more Ennio Morricone programs, and this really speaks to breadth of his catalog that such different skaters were able to use his music successfully:

Baby Shibs skating to Cinema Paradiso:

18-year old Brian Joubert skating to The Untouchables:
(replaced original link with one that has better sound)

Savchenko and Szolkowy win their first Euro title with The Mission:

I feel like someone should skate to the Yo Yo Ma version of Ecstasy of Gold, that would be superb.

Last edited:

VGThuy

Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze's Lady Caliph really is the best of them, but here are a few more Ennio Morricone programs, and this really speaks to breadth of his catalog that such different skaters were able to use his music successfully:

Baby Shibs skating to Cinema Paradiso:

Agreed with Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze. That Baby Shibs program is what made me a fan of theirs for life.

I will check out the other videos.

I’ve always loved Alissa Czisny’s SP to The Mission:

and Karen Kwan’s LP to it:

J

Jeschke

Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze's 'Lady Caliph' is my all-time favorite figure skating program.
Stunning music, stunning skating, just magic!

Shoutout to Savchenko/Szolkowy's 'The Mission'. I really liked that program for them.

Some other Morricone music programs not mentioned so far coming to my mind:
Miki Ando, 'Gabriel's Oboe' SP 2010/11

Pang/Tong 'Lady Caliph' SP 2013/14

Caroline Zhang 'The Mission' FS 2016/17

Carolina Kostner, 'The Mission' SP 2005/06

and...

Elena Radionova, 'Cinema Paradiso' FS 2018/19 (aka the program we never really saw :drama: :wuzrobbed@Hanna )

Thanks, for stunning music!
Thanks for so many goose bumps moments!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Savchenko/Szolkowy's 2007 Euros fp and Matt Savoie's 2006 Olympics fp are my favorite skating programs to The Mission. The performances beautifully matched the transcendent qualities of Ennio Morricone's composition. :swoon: :inavoid:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information