Save Women's Sport - the pearl clutching begins

On My Own

Not sure what the point is since she still did invent the entire concept. Changing the name won't change its origins.

MsZem

I see the sea
Apparently this is also a trademark issue:
Boycotting JK Rowling and her work is a perfectly legitimate reaction to her statements. But benefitting from what she created while doing so does not strike me as the most principled stand.

On My Own

Ah.

But honestly, I am not sure I get how you can engage with Harry Potter when it's created by someone you detest that much. The debate about this usually centers around artwork and inventions and pieces of history, but I'd say it's very simple for something as trivial as Quidditch (and Harry Potter).

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
But benefitting from what she created while doing so does not strike me as the most principled stand.
Rowling didn't create QuadBall as there are no wizards on brooms in it or magical balls with wings. ;)

It's a game based on her ideas but also other people's ideas. And, as the first article states, the game has evolved away from the franchise and is attracting people who have no idea what the Harry Potter version of Quidditch is.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Again interesting that nobody has posted here about an actual cisgender woman being excluded from the events she is best at in order to compete at all. :shuffle:

MsZem

I see the sea

barbk

Again interesting that nobody has posted here about an actual cisgender woman being excluded from the events she is best at in order to compete at all. :shuffle:

I got whacked much earlier in the thread for mentioning her because she is not transgender. Get with the plan, allezfred!

Asli

They actually run around with brooms between their legs, and people have the audacity to say figure skating isn't a sport :drama:

:rofl: How do they do the bludger thing, I wonder? Those must hurt a lot more in real life and there is no such thing as skelegrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information