Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Let's see: Fifth Olympics for her (two bronze medals), 5 times GPF winner, 5 times World champion (not counting the bronze and silver from 2016 and 2017)
Him: 2012 French Championship. (bronze and silver worlds with her, GPF winner with her).

Whose opinion counts most?

Quadjump

When they started, people were saying that he is a stallboy who gets to dance with the queen. After thw GPF I would say he is a knight.
I agree. His improvents in three and a half years are unbelieveable. In his late 20th!

There are different types of pairs.

Sui/Han are very balanced in almost everything (maybe too balanced;))
Volosozhar/Trankow were a bit dominated by him (so are J/C).
Fedor and Bruno can do what they want. They will always be behind their ladys and it is their big task to let the woman shine brightly without looking like a servant.

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

@Quadjump Actually, I find Vanessa the more dominant one between J/C. IMO she's this gorgeous goddess and Morgan fades into the background.
Bruno has improved LOADS. Aliona is from a different planet. Even Robin sometimes got a little outshined, and he was one of the very best pair guys ever. Aliona is just so brilliant, she could probably outshine dear Sergei Grinkov or David Pelletier.
I think Fedor is an incredibly talented pair guy - consistent jumps, strong skating skills, good at everything except twist. Watching him, I think if I was Ksenia, I would feel so safe and confident that he wouldn't drop me. It's not his fault Ksenia is a dominant girl; I actually don't think he gets lost out there.
I also think Evgenia Tarasova rather outshines Vladimir (when she's allowed to). And Eric Radford is just in a class of his own with his beautiful movements :)

Bellanca

Bruno's opinion counts! You cannot be in a successful partnership without mutual respect on at least some basic level. Plus, Aljona knows a couple of very important things:

1. How fortunate she is to be having such success w/ partnership, round two.

And,

2. Bruno is a dream. He lets her shine, but does not disappear.

Anyasnake

Bruno's opinion counts! You cannot be in a successful partnership without mutual respect on at least some basic level. Plus, Aljona knows a couple of very important things:

1. How fortunate she is to be having such success w/ partnership, round two.

And,

2. Bruno is a dream. He lets her shine, but does not disappear.
Of course his opinion counts, he's the one that wanted to go back to the old SP ;)
People tend to think that Bruno is just "here" and he got lucky, but I saw some interviews of him before he was with Aljona. That man is just so hardworking an very realistic. I remember he said something like "I know what I want, I knew Aljona before, I wasn't going to let it pass" because he was hungry for success just like Aljona. It's actually nice to see how well both of them finally "met" on an artistic side, that was the surprise for me. :)

Sylvia

TBD
From Jean-Christophe Berlot (who is covering Euros in Moscow for IN): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2018/01/19/264926334
"Aliona and Bruno are indeed focusing on their preparation for the Games," a close friend of the German team told icenetwork after some investigation. "But believe me, there is a real medical reason for their absence here in Moscow that could seriously jeopardize their chance to succeed in PyeongChang. They could have skated here, but it could have been detrimental to Bruno's healing."
"In fact," he continued, "Bruno has always experienced some very painful back problems. There is a longtime misformation in his back, which, from time to time, provokes a painful crisis that requires specific treatment. There is nothing new here, and it's not the first time it happened. If you remember, he experienced a smaller crisis at Skate Canada earlier in the season.
"This season is quite long. The team had to take a plane several times this season from one continent to the next, and that surely didn't help. The team is trying to preserve Bruno's back and make sure he doesn't risk more. At the moment, the treatment he is receiving seems to do him good. Aliona and Bruno wanted to come and really hesitated. The team made the decision at the last minute."

text_skate

A short piece about S/M on pbs ARD (in German)
http://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Sport...Erste/Video?bcastId=53524&documentId=49705410

Their interaction is cool. It's nice to watch, even if you don't understand German. Aliona is correcting Bruno's German and helping out with words. He is a "Wettkampftyp" (actually, I can't remember the English word: s.o. who is good=no nerves at competitions), her biggest fault :D: being all day long on facebook ;)

joubertelegant

Banned Member
This team is utterly incredible. Bruno's improvement is an inspiration to all those who believe with hard work anything is possible. Such a classy man, it is wonderful to see him finding success after valiantly sticking with his less talented partner for so long.

And Aliona is incredible, probably the best female pairs skater ever?

nimi

How could Aljona confound Axel and Flip start as the entry is different.Or am I wrong⁉️
In this case, "entry" doesn't mean the very last second(s) before the actual take-off. It means that when they entered their set-up choreo at other end of the rink (i.e. way before the actual take-off) Aljona started to slow down like she slows down for the 3ATh and only then remembered that they were supposed to be heading towards the 3FTh and had to quickly mentally re-orient herself... but at that point they were already going too slow, which affected the 3FTh.

I think there were reports that they've been practicing the SP both with 3FTh and with 3ATh and they probably use similar choreo moves in the beginning of the set-up pattern, hence her brain fart.

umronnie

In this case, "entry" doesn't mean the very last second(s) before the actual take-off. It means that when they entered their set-up choreo at other end of the rink (i.e. way before the actual take-off) Aljona started to slow down like she slows down for the 3ATh and only then remembered that they were supposed to be heading towards the 3FTh and had to quickly mentally re-orient herself... but at that point they were already going too slow, which affected the 3FTh.

I think there were reports that they've been practicing the SP both with 3FTh and with 3ATh and they probably use similar choreo moves in the beginning of the set-up pattern, hence her brain fart.
She's better remember on Tuesday. I knew nothing good would come out if this 3A nonsense.

nimi

I have heard that Aljona wants to continue and Bruno thinks about his retirement.
:eek:

I'm not surprised if Aljona wants to continue but Bruno planning to (maybe) retire? Is it because of his back issues?

Now I want them to get the gold even more badly! :wuzrobbed

(Okay, I'm just gonna take a deeeeeep breath and try not to get overly emotional about pairs skating...)

annie_mg

:eek:

I'm not surprised if Aljona wants to continue but Bruno planning to (maybe) retire? Is it because of his back issues?

Now I want them to get the gold even more badly! :wuzrobbed

(Okay, I'm just gonna take a deeeeeep breath and try not to get overly emotional about pairs skating...)

Or perhaps Bruno wants to do something else with his life? I always got the impression he wants to get married and be more of a family man soon and that his fiancee is in Germany only until the games and that's it!

arakwafan2006

Bruno better sleep with one eye open. Kidding. She looked nervous to me but she’s unshakable. I bet he wishes he could do it over. They’re still in the hunt. The Chinese ; she will likely do the same thing Bruno did tomorrow. Tarasova and Morozov are the ones that could win with their gorgeous skating and ghastly music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information