Sailor Moon Prism on Ice: Medvedeva, Miyaraha, Nagasu, Poje, Brown, Browning, ...

seabm7

June 5-7, 2020
KOSÉ Shin-Yokohama Skate Center

Official Notice at

Sailor Moon: Evgenia Medvedeva
Sailor Mercury: Satoko Miyahara
Sailor Mars: Mirai Nagasu
Sailor Jupiter: Alissa Czisny
Sailor Venus: Becky Bereswill

Tuxedo Mask: Andrew Poje
Kunzite: Jason Brown
Jadeite: Takahito Mura
Nephrite: Dylan Moskovitch
Zoisite: Seiya Hashimoto

Queen Beryl: Mamiko Sakamaki

Special appearance: Kurt Browning

Queen Serenity: ANZA

Choreography: Yuka Sato, Benji Schwimmer

Last edited:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
(*Didn't Med skate an exhibition to Sailor Moon?)

Yes. And Sailor Moon isn't just a "manga comic". It's one of the most famous and defining animes of all time. God, I remember being a small kid myself and watching it on the TV. It pretty much defined the magical girl genre.

And it put front and centre a show where the main protagonists were women; where despite Tuxedo Mask usually swooping in with a rose at some point the women in the show were the ones who did the heavy lifting. They had to overcome their own fears and doubts, and find their own courage and strength, and loyalty to one another. And it dealt with all kinds of topics that are still on point today.

Ka3sha

As far as I understand, Evgenia is in Tokyo now for press conference and some other show related activities:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Yes. And Sailor Moon isn't just a "manga comic". It's one of the most famous and defining animes of all time. God, I remember being a small kid myself and watching it on the TV. It pretty much defined the magical girl genre.

And it put front and centre a show where the main protagonists were women; where despite Tuxedo Mask usually swooping in with a rose at some point the women in the show were the ones who did the heavy lifting. They had to overcome their own fears and doubts, and find their own courage and strength, and loyalty to one another. And it dealt with all kinds of topics that are still on point today.

Nice. Thanks for the explanation. What I've seen of anime, I like. But I wasn't exposed to it growing up. I have a young relative who is very much into anime and into Japanese culture, and lives in Japan too.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
JFC, I'm torn on being thrilled as someone who loved Sailor Moon back in the day, and absolutely m o r t i f i e d that this is real.

...I may or may not have a Sailor Moon Funko pop staring at me, and Luna earrings I bought for fun beside me...

VGThuy

Is Pluto still a Sailor Scout now that Pluto is no longer a planet? :unsure: I always just assumed Sailor Moon was the Scout for Earth or something.

danibellerika

It's the first anime I ever watched, before I even knew what anime was 😄😄 .

And I currently have a Sailor Moon themed wallet so I technically carry a piece of it with me everyday!

misskarne

Is Pluto still a Sailor Scout now that Pluto is no longer a planet? :unsure: I always just assumed Sailor Moon was the Scout for Earth or something.

Yes, she is the Sailor Scout of Time.

Sailor Moon being Earth's Sailor Scout is a common misconception. She is of the moon only. Tuxedo Mask is the Prince of the Earth and its defender.

misskarne

Is this going to affect Meds training program for next year?

I'm quite sure that she didn't consider this at all before going ahead with the show. :rolleyes:

Loads of skaters do shows, some tour longer than this one will go for in the off-season. Then they're fine to compete. Do you ask the same question every time someone gets invited to Stars on Ice?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It was definitely shown here. But I think it was on Cartoon Network so you'd have to have cable to see it.

ETA defiintely on Cartoon Network. It was considered very successful in the US according to Wikipedia. :D My kids watched it, which means I watched it.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
It was definitely shown here. But I think it was on Cartoon Network so you'd have to have cable to see it.

ETA defiintely on Cartoon Network. It was considered very successful in the US according to Wikipedia. :D My kids watched it, which means I watched it.

Thanks for this. So it was on Cartoon Network. I was wondering because, to be honest, I had never heard of it until Medvedeva skated her exhibition to Sailor Moon. I’ve heard of American Dad... :)

danibellerika

Was the Sailor Moon tv series broadcasted in the US? If so, on which network and were the ratings high?

I first saw it on network TV while getting ready to go to school in the morning. I think I saw it on UPN or WB and now looking it up it says it was on FOX, WB, and UPN. Then some years later cartoon network acquired it. I feel like during elementary school when I was about 10 I saw it on network TV and then around middle school through high school it was on Cartoon Network. Again, looking it up, it started airing here in 1995 so I'm right on the money.

VGThuy

It was shown on television in syndication first and then some years later Cartoon Network acquired the tv rights to it. It already had a fan base in the U.S.
prior to that but got more once it had National and consistent airtime. The American dubbed version on Cartoon Network had a lot of censorship and then didn’t bother showing some later episodes because there was no way to censor those. They weren’t sexual but it was the late 90s and early to mid 2000s and showing lesbians wasn’t a thing on children’s national television yet, so they turned two lesbian characters in a relationship into “cousins” which was confusing for a lot of people until they sought out the subbed DVDs.

danibellerika

It was shown on television in syndication first and then some years later Cartoon Network acquired the tv rights to it. It already had a fan base in the U.S.
prior to that but got more once it had National and consistent airtime. The American dubbed version on Cartoon Network had a lot of censorship and then didn’t bother showing some later episodes because there was no way to censor those. They weren’t sexual but it was the late 90s and early to mid 2000s and showing lesbians wasn’t a thing on children’s national television yet, so they turned two lesbian characters in a relationship into “cousins” which was confusing for a lot of people until they sought out the subbed DVDs.

Not to mention, before that, two of the villains were gay lovers but they changed one to a woman by using a female voice actress. I didn't learn that until high school and I was so mad they lied to us like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information