Russian Cup, 5th event (Dec, 5-8, Moscow)

Ka3sha

Event page

Schedule (Moscow time)
Saturday, Dec 5
13.15 – 14.20 – Ice Dance, RD
14.45 – 15.55 – Men, SP
16.15 – 17.45 – Ladies, SP
18.00 – 19.40 – Pairs, SP
20.00 – 21.40 – Junior Pairs, SP
Sunday, Dec 6
13.30 – 14.45 – Free Dance
15.15 – 17.00 – Ladies, LP
17.30 – 18.50 – Men, LP
19.20 – 21.00 – Pairs, LP
21.30 – 23.00 – Junior Pairs, LP
Monday, Dec 7
13.45 – 16.05 – Junior Boys, SP
16.20 – 18.00 – Junior Girls, SP
18.15 – 20.20 – Junior Ice Dance, RD
Tuesday, Dec 8
13.00 – 15.45 – Junior Boys, LP
16.00 – 18.45 – Junior Girls, LP
19.00 – 21.15 – Junior Ice Dance, FD

Live stream should be here:

mjb52

I've probably asked this already multiple times like a monster but my memory is absolutely shot - do we know the music for Stepanova/Bukin?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Tarasova/Morozov are out due to Evgenia suffering from pneumonia.
Oh No! I hope it is not YKW. This pair has the worst possible luck. Can they still go to the nationals? My interest in this event just dropped by 50 percent.

Ka3sha

No Sinitsina/Katsalapov (fever) and Stepanova/Bukin (not completely recovered after the illness).

Shevchenko/Eremenko are in the entries according to the journalists, both have recovered.

J

Jeschke

Entries

Senior Men
1 Vakhrushev Nikita
2 Bohnengans Pyotr
3 Erokhov Alexey
4 Zotov Artem
5 Katichev Vladislav
6 Kolyada Mikhail
7 Rukhin Egor

Senior Ladies
1 Valieva Kamila
2 Gulyakova Anastasia
3 Kostina Valeria
4 Kostornaya Alena
6 Okladnikova Ksenia
7 Parinova Daria
8 Sultanmagomedova Kamila
9 Tarakanova Anastasia
10 Tuktamysheva Elizaveta
11 Tsibinova Ksenia

Senior Pairs
1 Alkhova Maria/
Bezborodko Sergey
2 Akhantieva Ksenia/
Kolesov Valery
3 Balabanova Anastasia/
Alexey Svyatchenko
4 Boykova Alexandra/
Kozlovsky Dmitry
5 Mischina Anastasia/
Gallyamov Alexander
6 Mukhametzyanova Diana/
Mironov Ilya

Senior Ice Dance
1 Kartashova Sophia/
Karpov Ilya
2 Skoptsova Anastasia/
Aleshin Kirill
3 Trukhina Alexandra/
Kapustin Ivan
4 Chashnikova Vladlena/
Tcherezov Zakhar
5 Shevchenko Sophia/
Eremenko Igor

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

With this ladies line-up, Konstantinova can still hope.

mjb52

Ah, good point, I keep forgetting there is a junior branch of these competitions.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Liza Tuktamysheva is out, she tasted positive for c19.
Mikhail Kolyada and Anastasia Guliakova are also out of the entries lists, but hopefully this is just a safety measure because of the quarantine.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!

On the positive side, I’ll be saving time this Saturday & Sunday. I’ll just watch the top two ladies programs on YouTube, after the event.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Kostornaia also out with YKW. :(

At this rate, barring a disastrous skate, Tarakanova's likely to medal, and while in normal times I'd love to see that, I hate for it to happen this way!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Liza Tuktamysheva is out, she tasted positive for c19.
Mikhail Kolyada and Anastasia Guliakova are also out of the entries lists, but hopefully this is just a safety measure because of the quarantine.
Sorry to hear she tested positive. She is another one with bad luck. Hopefully she will be ready for the nationals.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, the top skaters have already secured their spot at nationals so there is no real reason for them to compete, thereby opening opportunities for those not in the top 10. Getting to nationals has implications for funding.

Sylvia

TBD
This is the direct link to the 5th stage event page (for some reason the link in post #1 goes to the 3rd stage for me):

Competition schedule as of 4 Dec.: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/5etap2021_competition_schedule_upd041220.pdf

List of Senior participants updated 4 Dec.: https://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/2021/5etap2021_participants_ms_upd.pdf

Is Valieva still competing here?
Yes.

ETA the RusFed's press release for this comp.:

Last edited:

Amy L

Oh No! I hope it is not YKW. This pair has the worst possible luck. Can they still go to the nationals? My interest in this event just dropped by 50 percent.

The Russian Fed already backed out of their plans to make the Russian Cup series mandatory:

"Initially, the Cup competitions were considered by the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) as mandatory qualifying tournaments for the Russian Championship, which will be held on December 24-27 in Chelyabinsk, but after a series of injuries and coronavirus infections, the federation decided not to create a dogma from the selection criteria."

A few days ago there was another article that listed all the national/international medalists that didn't meet the Nationals criteria, which was about 20 skaters. I couldn't find the link again, perhaps because there were even more withdrawals (like B/K) so it's probably easier to list those who did two events rather than everyone who didn't.

J

Jeschke

5 guys only. Erokhov's mission to nationals is back on track.

Sultanmagomedova out of the ladies field. Whilst these are great news for Konstantinova it is very sad for Kamila, who had a really good season so far and was on track qualifying for her first nationals :(

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Seeing those early dance couples makes me :yikes:that we might see some of them at nationals while some of the really good pair teams might have to stay at home 🆘
For the 9237472047204790th times: 10 dance teams, 16 pair teams please!

hanca

Values her privacy
Seeing those early dance couples makes me :yikes:that we might see some of them at nationals while some of the really good pair teams might have to stay at home 🆘
For the 9237472047204790th times: 10 dance teams, 16 pair teams please!
Come on, Russian federation will not leave Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Stepanova/Bukin and Zahorski/Gurreiro out. And the rest of the decent teams attended competitions so they will qualify. The worst can happen is that Russian federation will allow to the nationals the good ones AND those who did the Russian cup and have 15 dance teams. I am sure we will survive through the lower six or seven, if we can have the good ones afterwards.

But I agree with you it is unfair to have the pairs spots so limited. I am adding vote for 16 pair teams! Give the newly created ones a chance, as long as they show certain standard (e.g. result from a competition over 170).

J

Jeschke

S/A's RD is such a guilty pleasure for me :cheer:
Those 2 progressed so nicely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information