RuPauls Drag Race Season 11

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I agree. I think they probably want to keep Yvie because she is a bit more out there whilst Nina is more traditional. But if you were going for execution, while Nina's outfits may not have created a drag family look, they were better put together than Yvie's outfits.

I hope Nina will be Miss Congeniality. She certainly seems to be the most supportive and nicest out of all the queens.

Silky's lip synch and look was a hot mess. She should have gone.

just tuned in

That was a thoroughly entertaining episode right up until, "Silky, you stay."

For all her bluster about what a great lip synch she'd turn out, it was wretched. She missed a lot of words at the beginning, tripped on her boot cover, completely skipped the middle, and embarrassed herself with the stunts.

Nina was a bit boring, but Silky was cringeworthy. And Ru really needs to stop calling her "the Reverend Doctor."

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Nina completely froze which is weird. I watched her perform several times a week for years and she was good about commanding the stage and the audience. I’m sure she was nervous, and even the dance was really awkward. I have a feeling that she would’ve REALLY made it clear she should have stayed if she had just moved around a bit more. But even as it was, she didn’t deserve to go home.

RuPaul really likes Silky, but it’s going to backfire come the finale when she’s there and virtually no one is rooting for her. That’s setting her up for disaster more than anything else.

just tuned in

Nina completely froze which is weird. I watched her perform several times a week for years and she was good about commanding the stage and the audience. I’m sure she was nervous, and even the dance was really awkward. I have a feeling that she would’ve REALLY made it clear she should have stayed if she had just moved around a bit more. But even as it was, she didn’t deserve to go home.

RuPaul really likes Silky, but it’s going to backfire come the finale when she’s there and virtually no one is rooting for her. That’s setting her up for disaster more than anything else.
But Ru already knows that no one is rooting for Silky -- more than half the queens said she should be the next to leave.

I very much enjoyed the six returning queens. Honey D. is hot with the beard! So glad not to have to see Rajah again.

tony

But Ru already knows that no one is rooting for Silky -- more than half the queens said she should be the next to leave.

I very much enjoyed the six returning queens. Honey D. is hot with the beard! So glad not to have to see Rajah again.

But with creative editing, the producers could’ve made Silky look less annoying/less confident/more humble/whatever than they did. On the same token, Yvie has been doing well all season aside from two episodes and they (half) were ready to send her home too. I think the audience likes her.

just tuned in

But with creative editing, the producers could’ve made Silky look less annoying/less confident/more humble/whatever than they did. On the same token, Yvie has been doing well all season aside from two episodes and they (half) were ready to send her home too. I think the audience likes her.
True...

ETA: We've seen Yvie's warts. She is no angel in the workroom. She talks sh*it without yelling, but she still talks sh*t.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Yvie is one of those people who talks without thinking, gets into trouble, realises what they did and will apologise for it. I think at the end of the day she has a good heart.

If I was going to do a read, Ru might be worried Silky will sit on her if she sent her home.

tony

Finale is filming right now. World of Wonder released the promo for it showing the final four girls yet, by the telecast timeline, there are still five left. This week will be anti-climactic for just about everyone :shuffle:

tony

Finale first reports:

Reports saying it was Brooke vs. Silky in the first semi- Brooke wins. Silky got very little applause the entire night apparently. Second semi Akeria vs. Yvie and Yvie wins. Final apparently too close to call but I’ve seen several people say that Yvie didn’t do a whole lot of flashy stuff and Brooke did too much. Yvie had to also apparently re-film her crowning moment because of something she said the first time, so she may very well have pulled it off. Nina won Miss Congeniality, which was expected. Shuga had some big reveal/outfit and she along with Nina and Scarlet all are said to have gotten standing ovations. Yvie during Q&A also got one, and it sounds like she was the audience favorite.

antmanb

I've not seen any of the spoilers and only just caught up with the last episode and, frankly, I thought it would have been better to send both queens home rather than just save Silky. That was the worst lip synch of the season and given that she saved both Brooke and Yvie, I thought a double elimination would have been better.

antmanb

I can't believe that Silky wasn't in the lip synch this week. I actually completely disagreed with the judges comments on Brooke's performance in the video I thought she gave it as much as she could. Vanjie's performance was reminiscent of Britney's Gimme More at the MTV music awards :yikes: But I didn't think Silky was good. The splat on the floor and needing ten dancers to hoik her up of the floor was pretty awful and I didn't think she lip synched very well. Obviously given her piss poor lip synch the week before it was possible Vanjie would knock her out so they had to put Vanjie against Brooke to ensure Silky got through...i'm not impressed and Silky better not get anywhere near winning it.

As an aside I went to see Drag Becomes Her last week, the Peaches Christ parody of Death Becomes Her with Jinx Monsoon and BenDeLaCreme and really enjoyed it - it was very am dram pantomime, but Jinx Monsoon was absolutely amazing (and I wasn't a massive fan of hers on the show). DeLa did an absolutely hilarious Taylor Swift number that had me crying with laughter.

Finally, Charlie Hides was performing in Manchester yesterday afternoon and :yikes: I saw him before he went on drag race and his show was fantastic, he did his Gaga/Madonna/Cher skits using a screen. It's like post drag race he's trying to just be himself and not do characters any more. Anyway if you're going to rip the piss out of Madonna for not being able to sing in tune at Eurovision, it kind of necessitates that you then manage to sing one of her songs in tune yourself....let's just say I preferred Madonna's performance at Eurovision more, and she hit more of the notes than Charlie did :shuffle: It was so "meh" I left at the interval. Her jokes weren't landing (which wasn't helped by the fact she kept tripping over her lines), and some of them just weren't that funny. The hostess totally outshone Charlie both in humour and in vocals.

Aussie Willy

Finally caught up with the last episode. The judges really seem to like Silky, even though she is a PITA.

I am probably not suprised about Vanjie going home. But she is still good value and very funny, even when leaving the stage.

I want to see Brooke win.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m going to watch again as I always miss something in the finale. I’m ok with the result. I would have preferred a swap between 1 and 2, but understand that Ru sees the winner as a strategic choice. Good season, although I could have done without Silky.

Aussie Willy

I am okay with the results as well and the two queens I wanted to be on top did end up there. I kind of wish they wouldn't edit the lip synch so much or try to give more an audience view of it as it makes it look very disjointed.

tony

I am okay with the results as well and the two queens I wanted to be on top did end up there. I kind of wish they wouldn't edit the lip synch so much or try to give more an audience view of it as it makes it look very disjointed.

But then the producer/Rupaul decision wouldn’t always seem fair ;)

Seriously, last year I read from almost everyone in the building during the finale that Aquaria was slipping and stumbling all over the stage during her battle with Eureka in the semi, but we saw nothing of it in the edit. It had to make sense for us to understand the tie.

jamesy

delightful
I got the result I wanted but I actually thought it was going to be flipped.

I also liked the Vanjie segment and thought it was funny. In theory I should find her as annoying as Silky, the way they’re both shoved down our throats, but I find Vanjie way more likable.

antmanb

I was happy with the final 2 based on the entire season but....
based solely on the lip synchs I don’t think Yvie deserved the win over A’keria and I thought both Brooke and Silky did a much better job than either Yvie or A’keria

Aussie Willy

I got the result I wanted but I actually thought it was going to be flipped.

I also liked the Vanjie segment and thought it was funny. In theory I should find her as annoying as Silky, the way they’re both shoved down our throats, but I find Vanjie way more likable.
Silky just thought she was a lot better than she was and took herself too seriously. Vanjie doesn't take herself seriously at all and just has fun with the whole thing. And she is so very likeable which you can't define.

just tuned in

I guess chalk it up to drag “evolving,” but I don’t see Yvie as a drag queen, I see her more as a performance artist. Her makeup and looks are phenomenal (as are her contortions) but I do not feel like I am watching drag when she performs. That scary swirly red and black makeup, and the mismatched eyes? That crazy outfit with the puppet heads?

Brook Lynn, I feel, has gotten too big for her britches. I did not like the vibe she is emanating.

As others have opined, I think we got the wrong two finalists. I would have liked Miss Vanjie and Nina West in the top four.

It was interesting to see how Miss Vanjie completely changed her look during the filming gap! I applaud her now doing different styles of eye-makeup and different styles of hair. Her hair and makeup at the reunion show and the finale were huge improvements. But I don’t think there was anything wrong with her original teeth. What was the “filler”? Lips? It was easy to see that Plastique’s lips and cheeks were filled.

I like the smaller-busted look on Nina that she showed at the finale. Her proportions were fantastic. Has she said anything about changes to her drag made as a result of her time on RPDR 11? As a result of MY time on RPDR 11, I bought a tube of white highlighter at the dollar store. I wish I were as beautiful as Vanessa and A’Keria. I was surprised to see A’Keria looking so masculine in the taped interviews. I’m confused….

just tuned in

One last thought -- it was cruel of Brook Lynn to remark, when choosing the box from pit-crew-Bryce, that she liked gingers (wink). She was flirting with Bryce at the expense of Vanjie. It was especially cruel because at the same time, Brook Lynn was also implying that Vanjie was not her type. Cold.

antmanb

One last thought -- it was cruel of Brook Lynn to remark, when choosing the box from pit-crew-Bryce, that she liked gingers (wink). She was flirting with Bryce at the expense of Vanjie. It was especially cruel because at the same time, Brook Lynn was also implying that Vanjie was not her type. Cold.

Really? I didn't get that at all, I think it was a random throwaway remark. Even if Brooke does like gingers it doesn't mean she doesn't also like other hair/skin types. The reunion episode was far more sad to me because it looked like Vanjie still really wanted to be with Brooke. Maybe I read too much between the lines but from what they said it sounded to me like Vanjie wanted a monogamous relationship and Brooke wanted something more casual or open and that led to the split.

tony

Really? I didn't get that at all, I think it was a random throwaway remark. Even if Brooke does like gingers it doesn't mean she doesn't also like other hair/skin types. The reunion episode was far more sad to me because it looked like Vanjie still really wanted to be with Brooke. Maybe I read too much between the lines but from what they said it sounded to me like Vanjie wanted a monogamous relationship and Brooke wanted something more casual or open and that led to the split.

Yeah, I think that comment about the pit crew was really just light-hearted. But I did get the same sense from those two during the reunion- it seemed Vanjie was on the verge of tears and Brooke was causal about it just not working. I also agree that it seemed Vanjie wanted to be serious and Brooke was traveling a lot and if she found someone else- she wanted that option (for the night.. or whatever). However, based on their latest social media stuff they seem to be on good terms.

Aussie Willy

The whole show is tongue in cheek. I would not be reading anything into it.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
CONGRATS !!! to the ASTOUNDING 14 Emmy Nominations RuPaul's Drag Race just received...

Can we have an Amen up in here?

P.S. just some tidbits.. I saw Silky crossing the street in front of me for like the 5th time and I asked her if she moved here from Chicago, and she said yes. I think her and Vanjie live a block or two away from me. And Brooklyn is usually at Mickys having a cocktail. Speaking of Mickys the other day Toddrick Hall was in front of it and inside shooting a music video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information