RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 1

antmanb

Is anyone else watching this? I don't know if it's available outside the UK and is randomly on the BBC which is a shocker I thought for sure it would be on Channel 4.

I've seen a few of these queens live. The get to know you show made me instantly like and dislike a few of the queens, only to have that turned on its head with the first episode. It's really interesting to see UK drag queens in a setting that we've only really seen North Americans in before.

I really enjoyed the first episode and the right queen went first I think.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’d love to follow this. If anyone finds replays available in the US, preferably free, please post links.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
We get it in Australia. I did like the photoshoot. There were some good ideas on the runway with the Queen.

jamesy

delightful
It looks like it will air on Logo in the US way after everyone else. The first episode airs this Friday.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
It’s on WOW Presents Plus (subscription) for those outside UK or Merika and Kanuckistan.

Aceon6

Thank you, everyone. I’ve got it set up on my TiVo!
And I’m not spoiler averse, so post away. Heck, seeing the spoilers will help me focus.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
First episode was GREAT! The absence of any (real) prize is quite jarring.

I actually do think Sum Ting... the whole name seems racist but that aside I LOVED her runway look... the stamp... OMG!!!!!

I think everyone is real good.

The one who got sent home.. I feel bad for her she looked SO nervous.... so it was obvious she would go. She was almost a deer in headlights.

The one who says he is straight..... um..... sweetie....

lol

Aussie Willy

I am really enjoying the highlighting of the cultural differences. They all play it up.

antmanb

Again I think the right queen went this week.

I think my favourite queen right now is Divina De Campo. Despite wanting to dislike her i'm finding myself really liking Baga Chipz. I also really like Sum Tong Wong, but I don't think she'll last much longer.

I think the Vivienne has had some great looks but I can't stand her and hope she gets knocked down a peg or two.

I'm also not a fan of Cheryl Hole trying to pretend she's Alissa Edwards all the time.

Aceon6

I’m finding RPDRUK much more entertaining than the last few seasons of the US version. My only concern is that I will have no clue when they do Snatch Game.

Aussie Willy

I’m finding RPDRUK much more entertaining than the last few seasons of the US version. My only concern is that I will have no clue when they do Snatch Game.
I am looking forward to Snatch Game. I hope it is a good one. Members of the royal family anyone?

antmanb

I always have to google half the people the queens do on the US version too :lol: but it's still a lot of fun.

I am looking forward to Snatch Game. I hope it is a good one. Members of the royal family anyone?

I think I saw of clip of Ru saying that this was one of the best Snatch Games he'd seen...I feared it may have been a total car crash, but I suppose the queens have all watched the show enough to know what to expect.

I half hope the Vivienne sticks with her Liverpudlian roots and does Lilly Savage because I think that would be epic.

Aceon6

I’m counting on the FSUBrits to fill us in on the mimicked celebs who might not be well known in NA. Let’s start with Lilly Savage.

Aceon6

Not sure how I feel about a celeb edition. If it’s as bad as X Factor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information