Rugby World Cup 2019

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Ok, it doesn’t start for a good few weeks but the friendly build up matches are kicking off at the moment and right at this moment Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 😍 are unofficially ranked the number one team in the World :cheer2:.

Anyway, England are hosting Wales at Twickenham and Ireland comfortably saw off Italy yesterday.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Plus the not-so-friendly matches.

The Wallabies beat the All Blacks last night, to my great surprise. It was a high-scoring affair, but the All Blacks were made to play a whole half one short after a red card in the dying minutes of the first. I am still not comfortable with that being a red card.

Of course, the second match of the Bledisloe is played at Eden Park where the Wallabies have not won in 19 years, so...

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Well Wales did their usual trick of not realising they were like, on a pitch, playing a match for the first half. 🙄

They rallied but well done England, 33-19 win. See you in Cardiff next week.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Well tit for tat and now Wales are officially ranked #1 in the World which I find :rofl: but yay. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Last edited:

misskarne

As expected, the All Blacks did not appreciate the Wallabies' efforts last week and didn't just beat them at Eden Park, they murdered them.

36-0.

Ouch.

D

Deleted member 76484

As an Aussie, the Wallabies are reminding me of what they were like before the 2003 WC - all over the place with their results LOL.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I missed the games yesterday but just saw that Scotland saw off France and England absolutely pummelled Ireland 57-15 :eek:

D

Deleted member 76484

The pre-WC matches always seems to bring some interesting results in the Six Nations matches, purely because they're still experimenting with their lineups. Though Scotland beating France is a nice surprise.

Lorac

Watching the Opening Ceremony. Hearing 'I Vow to Thee my Country' in Japanese was quite moving as they showed the winners of the past World Cups.

Will be on a course all weekend so won't get to see the opening games but after then should be able to see the vast majority of them.

And love Bill Beaumont.

misskarne

Japan having a good opening game against Russia.

EDIT: And it's my favourite ref, Nigel Owens!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Gah missed most of the opening and first game as we have just returned from a mini break (again).

Looks like Japan was the right choice to host this one!

Lorac

Didn't see the Opening game but listened on 5 Live whilst driving down to Berkhamsted. Japan given a bit of a fight from Russia by the sounds of it but ended up being comfortable winners. Tomorrow should be an awesome day so sorry to be missing it.

misskarne

The Wallabies were none too convincing against Fiji, and were in fact behind for much of the game. That does not bode well. If we can hardly beat Fiji, how can we expect to be competitive against Wales, who we play next?

misskarne

Some interesting strategy play by Russia tonight. One yellow carded, struggling to break Samoa's line, so they pop a drop goal over and go from 6-10 down to 9-10 down.

(I still think it's whacko that drop goals are worth 3 points in union.)

EDIT: And as I post it's to no avail as Samoa just opened up the Russian line like a can of tuna to score.

EDIT2: I don't think Russia have the game stamina. Starting to fall apart now.

Lorac

Shock result with Uruguay beating Fiji though they deserved it. Fiji made way too many mistakes especially when they were in good positions. But Uruguay fought to the end and were delighted and emotional with their win. So much for Fiji being the dark horses in this group - they have one foot on the plane home - only if Australia beat Wales will they have a chance but they then need to beat Wales themselves and I can't see that happening from the display I saw today!!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
It must be the time difference but I’m not feeling this World Cup yet. I couldn’t even be bothered to watch the Wales match the other day (just checked the score now and then).

Strange cos when it was in NZ in 2011, I was getting up at 5am and stuff to watch matches!

Lorac

Suck on that USA. Stepping up from the last game England. Well done boys ☺

And the first red card of the tourney for an awful tackle on Farrell.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Shocker :eek:

But how many Eurovisions have Japan won? Suck on that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information