RPDR Season 15 (2023)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Interestingly Loosey posted this on twit this afternoon “Truly sick and tired of this narrative they’re building that I was so serious and competitive that I didn’t have fun. I laughed SO MUCH each and every day on that set with every single one of the girls. I truly had a blast. But I guess showing us getting along isn’t good tv 🤷🏻‍♂️

And she also posted that she and Mistress traded skills in the last challenge which explains why Mistress’ crystal look fit so well.

As to the editing, the only thing that I can think of is that the Connecticut scene is viewed as minor leagues in comparison to NY. With 3 CT based queens at the start, maybe they were setting up an us vs. them thing and got stuck with it.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Interestingly Loosey posted this on twit this afternoon “Truly sick and tired of this narrative they’re building that I was so serious and competitive that I didn’t have fun. I laughed SO MUCH each and every day on that set with every single one of the girls. I truly had a blast. But I guess showing us getting along isn’t good tv 🤷🏻‍♂️

And she also posted that she and Mistress traded skills in the last challenge which explains why Mistress’ crystal look fit so well.

As to the editing, the only thing that I can think of is that the Connecticut scene is viewed as minor leagues in comparison to NY. With 3 CT based queens at the start, maybe they were setting up an us vs. them thing and got stuck with it.
That's true, I really hate how short each episode has gotten. They only show a snippet and it's frustrating

Willin

TBH Loosey needs to understand she dug her own grave. Mistress and Malaysia are smart - especially Mistress. They know what reality TV is and how to play the game. Mistress knows what to say to get herself on camera but not appear wholly negative.

Idk if Loosey's watched Drag Race, but any queen who consistently makes statements like her is insta-edited into the delusional queen storyline for that season. It's sad because she has the goods to back it up more than some of the past queens with that edit, but also there's a reason some queens have an almost aggressive amount of no personality: they know what they say can and will be used against them. If Loosey's seen the show she should know what box she was putting herself into by saying she was saying. Her tweets don't help. I want to like her so bad, but also that saltiness...

chantilly

I don’t see the narrative that Loosey seems to be stating quite honestly.
She was the one who said she was pissed off she wasn’t in the top a couple of weeks ago.
I thought she rightfully challenged the girls when they came for her “attitude “ and the show, at least for me made that point for her by airing it. I liked that she stood up for herself and said “ it was one time!”
I just think she’s gotten herself into a state of mind that she has “to prove herself” and I think she feels she’s not being seen, so she’s overcompensating and quite frankly falling short.

Aceon6

More Loosey drama this week, and with that, I knew that Mistress would be safe. Loosey vs. Mistress is the story line they’ll ride until one of them has such an off day that there will be no excuse to keep one of them. Comedy challenge next week. This should be something.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I'm missing the longer episodes. It feels so rushed, no bantering with the judges, hardly any mini challenges, and a rushed runway.

Aceon6

For those who are into visual arts, the Making the Exhibit show that replaced The Real Gays of WeHo is worth a watch. I’m fascinated by creative people. Starting on the 10th, the lineup is a 90 minute RPDR, a 30 minute Untucked, followed by The Exhibit.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Not related to this season but the UK Drag Queens of Season 4 are coming to Australia, they are coming to my city of Hobart and I have a ticket to the show and meet and greet. I am very excited. The queens usually just go to the big cities.

Aceon6

There shouldn’t be a lip synch if one of the queens totally FAILS the main challenge. Sorry.

Aceon6

Talking to myself here, but I’m not feeling it anymore. After last week’s disaster, I’m a bit miffed that Lux is still there. Yes, she and Sasha did a better job with Blame It on the Edit, but, I’m still ticked that she’s even there. With Lux in the finale, I don’t think Ru had many options other than the one she chose.

screech

Luxx looked great in that final runway gown, however did anyone else notice how poorly her makeup blended into the wig? There was at least a centimetre of different colour all the way around her hairline. You know the judges have favourites when they won't call something like that out for them (just imagine if it was Spice or Marcia who had that...)

Aceon6

The finale airs tonight. Please drag gods, let it be Sasha or Anetra.

Aceon6

Still talking to myself, but the finale was meh with the exception of Jinx. As expected by most, Sasha becomes the first trans queen to get the crown.

screech

I didn't watch the finale. The winner was clear from the first episode.
As someone who doesn't regularly follow drag and had no idea who Sasha was, I found her underwhelming most of the season? Like I get she's apparently iconic in the community, but as someone who's only exposure to drag is watching RPDR, I didn't find her anything THAT special. I felt that the gushing over her kind of alienated me a bit this season.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Still talking to myself, but the finale was meh with the exception of Jinx. As expected by most, Sasha becomes the first trans queen to get the crown.
Kylie Sonique Love did win All Stars Season 6.

I was hoping Anetra would win but ok with Sasha. However the recorded video of Anetra "winning" has been going around on Tiktok.

As an aside we have Jinx, Trinity and Monet coming to Hobart. Got my ticket for that one. Unfortunately Meet and Greet tickets were sold out.

And saw the UK S4 Drag Queens a few weeks ago. Had a great time and did get to do the Meet and Greet. They were all lovely.

Aceon6

Anyone have recommendations for which drag brunch we should do in Vegas? I have Monday free, but am having a hard time figuring out which show is for me. I prefer comedy and an all welcome atmosphere.

peibeck

Simply looking

The top two were correct in my mind, but seeing Mistress and Lux's cracked looks on getting the boot (and Jinkx's number) were the highlights.

I was extraordinarily incensed with Sasha going the "Continental" route and reducing her final routine into a pole dance: G-string, pasties, and all. I say this because virtually every Miss Continental I've seen/worked with does that, sometimes even doing ballads!!! 🙃 Just me, but that takes a show more into burlesque than drag. Of course they could never do that in the actual Miss Continental pageant (and the owner of the pageant also hates when the queens strip down like that.) But the gals make it rain when they show off their boobs, but... For me? :blah:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information