RPDR Season 15 (2023)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Ru is moving again, this time to MTV. The 2 hour premiere is Friday, January 6th at 8 Eastern. Update your DVRs!

jamesy

delightful
This will be season 15 :) But the way they keep churning these out it’s understandably hard to keep track.

Now I have to start watching MTV again and start old-man-complaining that there are no more music videos.

Aceon6

The premier was a LOT. I wish they kept the two episode format, just to make it easier for me as a viewer. I’m scratching me head on the editing and hope it’s not a foreshadowing that the queens with the most airtime are the ones in the lipsynch each week. As for the Tik Tok queens… just sashay away. There should be a prerequisite of at least 2 years of live club performances before you can even audition.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I think it was a good start for the new season. Anetra and Jax were the stand outs for me in the talent.

I am familiar with Sugar and Spice from Tiktok. They are the ones that most were talking about because of their profile. I don't mind them being part of the show and they seem to be nice people. It is a bit like young kittens thrown into amongst the older cats who will sort them out. It will be a case of letting the competition sort them out.

chantilly

I thought some of the talent was some of the best we’ve seen so far in the franchise.

I agree that Anetra and Jax are the standouts.

I also like Marcia3x. She was great too in the talent. And Sasha was good and has great looks and seems very professional.

I think Marcia3 needs to bring something more looks wise as they said.
I liked Amethyst too. Personality wise.

And the one who tragically sang live and was in the bottom 3. Glad she was saved. Do like her.

I really liked Irene Dubois but I can’t argue that it was the wrong choice to send her home.

The twins are OK.

Otherwise most of the others haven’t left too much of an impression on me.
Early days though.

jamesy

delightful
I thought this was a great premiere. I loved the split group fake-out and the callbacks to earlier seasons.

I wasn't sure what I would think of the TikTok twins but they do seem kind of sweet, even if a little "bless your heart" at times. I'm not a fan of the older queens being dismissive of the social media queens and gatekeeping what is drag, but showing Mistress already warming up to some of them will hopefully mean this is a quick storyline that goes away soon.

Aceon6

I hope 3Marcia can pull off a batshit crazy but flawlessly done look in the next week or two. She’s got IT, but needs to pull a shocker to shut Michelle up about the natural makeup looks.

chantilly

I hope 3Marcia can pull off a batshit crazy but flawlessly done look in the next week or two. She’s got IT, but needs to pull a shocker to shut Michelle up about the natural makeup looks.
Agreed.
Her looks were cute and told a story but were very similar and dare I say a bit basic and to quote Bianca “off the rack”
And her makeup was not drag. Practically non existent.

antmanb

I have serious RPDR fatigue at the moment. Mr Antmanb is chomping at the bit to watch this but honestly i need break from these types of shows and the sheer number of all of them: all stars, US, UK, Canada.....is too much, that plus we watched Strictly and Great British Bake Off last year. I'm definitely fatigued with reality competition shows.

Aussie Willy

That is going to be a pretty massive Snatch Game.

I still watch the All Stars Winners on Youtube. That was the best Snatch Game of all time. Particularly just to see Jinx kill Judy Garland (not literally like Dave thought he did). But the rest were so fabulous too.

jamesy

delightful
I guess we all saw that lipsync coming. :wuzrobbed I'm surprised I'm a little sad about it but now we see how the winner reacts moving forward.

Aceon6

I guess we all saw that lipsync coming. :wuzrobbed I'm surprised I'm a little sad about it but now we see how the winner reacts moving forward.
For the best. The lip synch winner seems to have a bit more spunk and less false bravado. And kudos to the overall winner. Now I know why she is thought of as one of the best club hosts.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
The Snatch Game, wow! No one can come close to Jinx, she really knew how to bring a character to life. I loved "Joan Rivers", she killed at it. Wasn't impressed by the rest, especially "Miley Cyrus".

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
that Miley sounded like Goofy. the show is down to like 2 minutes per queen but they did let us see her lick that hammer for a really long time. is there a name for the opposite of ASMR?

Aussie Willy

Not sure why they had the Snatch Game so early on in the season. You just didn't get to see enough of the impersonations. Agree about Joan Rivers. That was good.

Aceon6

Well, that sashay was expected and probably two episodes late. And Untucked can be gut wrenching. So sad to hear about family estrangement.

Aceon6

Last night‘s episode was a pain. It started with a workroom fight over the genre of song each group would have to perform. The actual performance and runway was good, but I would have asked Jax to sashay due to wearing a ridiculously ugly “wig” two weeks in a row. The axed queen really is forgettable, though.

chantilly

I think Jax did slightly better than Fierce who I agree came off as “unforgettable “
I also think she’s riding on her talent show number and her dancing skills. But her runway has been pretty terrible all season.
I’m guessing she’s going soon. Likely next.

Last edited:

jamesy

delightful
Jax did a good lipsync but it's only a matter of time for her. Lucky for her there are still a few other filler queens still to go through, who should be worried once they start getting airtime. :lol:

Lemonade20

Honestly they both should have sashayed home. That was the shortest episode yet, barely 41 minutes. How disrespectful and disappointing.

Aceon6

Honestly they both should have sashayed home. That was the shortest episode yet, barely 41 minutes. How disrespectful and disappointing.
Starting with 16 queens when the show has less time was probably a mistake. And whoever thought that putting the new show that shall not be named between RPDR and Untucked should be shot. Those gays are insufferable and Todrick Hall doesn’t really need a 2nd 15-minutes.

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
so far in this cast of thousands, it's more interesting to see the at Roscoe's than on both the show + untucked. some were really funny (Lucy, irene), some were more interesting than on the show (Poppy, Aura, Robyn) and one reminded me of why I hated student teaching 8th grade (sugar). spice was the same.

Aceon6

Another low hanging fruit bites the dust and there are still 10 left. I hope next week‘s lip synch battles will at least get rid of two more. With a 60 minute show, the sooner they get down to a half dozen, the better.

Last edited:

screech

I'm not a fan of Malaysia, but I thought she had that challenge, especially after seeing what Mistress wore on the runway (looked like a diaper).

Aceon6

Finally, we’re down to a manageable number that I can keep straight in my head! Now that the baby queens have sashayed, things are getting serious. Personally, I would have put Lux in the bottom for wearing EXACTLY the same thing two weeks in a row. Yes, the wings were a lot of work, but the base looked like her lip synch outfit. From the editing, I still can’t figure out if Marcia3 is getting the “comes out of nowhere” treatment or is getting set up to sashay soon. But with next week being the talk show, anything can happen. And I’m done with Loosey.

chantilly

I’m guessing it’s Salina next.
And yeah Loosey is just not bringing it.
It’s too bad. I really liked her but she simply got in her own way.
I’m predicting a Sasha win with Anetra and Mistress in the top 3.
I think Marcia 3 May May top 4.
It’s between her and Malaysia.
I’m rooting for Anetra but I can’t deny how good Sasha is.

Lemonade20

I agree, Sasha is really surprising me. I'm rooting for Anetra to win it all. Not a fan of how negative Loosey has become. She is still in the competition and should keep at it instead of dwelling on the past. I think she's next or Lux to get the chop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information