Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Another engagement for Meghan while in South Africa:

I trust the first part of this sentence is a typo:

“There, she will mentor mothers who deliver health services and education to women and their families in townships around the city, and visit with clients and their children.”

I'm missing your point. What's wrong with this sentence other than the misplaced comma?

canbelto

I'm missing your point. What's wrong with this sentence other than the misplaced comma?

I think the sentence should read:

“There, she will mentor women who deliver health services and education to mothers and their families in townships around the city, and visit with clients and their children.”

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I think the sentence should read:

“There, she will mentor women who deliver health services and education to mothers and their families in townships around the city, and visit with clients and their children.”

Eats shoots leaves....

mag

I don’t think Meghan will be actually mentoring the women. Meghan has, at least to my knowledge, no expertise in the delivery of health care services. I think she will be meeting the women who do the mentoring.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Another engagement for Meghan while in South Africa:

I trust the first part of this sentence is a typo:

“There, she will mentor mothers who deliver health services and education to women and their families in townships around the city, and visit with clients and their children.”

I do not know who chose the word "mentor", but I believe it is not a correct choice. A mentor is someone who is available to coach, counsel, guide, lead, shepherd, show, etc.
coach.

By definition mentoring implies an ongoing relationship with the person being mentored.

Meghan meeting an organization that trains women to be frontline aide workers is a great use of her stature as it will draw attention to the matter and the group. Lovely that she is meeting with them. And maybe she is setting up a mentoring program............just don't know how it would be structured.

mag

Harry and Meghan in South Africa. I love her dress! I do wish they would feel free to wear sunglasses. I know why they don’t, but they are also not wearing hats and it has to be very hard on their eyes!

Another video with speeches:

One more, this one some stills of their arrival:

Last edited:

kittyjake5

Thanks all for the updates. I love the videos and their interactions with the adorable kids.
Meghan and Harry look fabulous, they can't keep their hands off each other. I remember those days
fondly when I was a newlywed as I am sure others do as well.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Omid Scobie's reporting is the best...

So per Omid, M&H are expected to 'bring Archie to an engagement before October 2.' Since he's a baby, apparently the timing is not something they can pinpoint exactly.

A very meaningful, lively and poignant first day...

Meghan's Mirror blog shows pics of the Sussexes decamping the plane with Archie. They are both smiling and Archie is chillin' in a cute hat with a pom on top. :D

Not sharp pics, but from what we've seen of Archie previously and from what we've heard as well, he appears to have his Dad's coloring, forehead, and ears, and his Mom's eyes, nose and lips. There have actually been more pics made available of Archie in his first five months than we got to see of Louis in his first five months (contradicting the perception some have voiced).

During H&M's visit to Capetown, they were presented with a Xhosa name for Archie: Ntsika (pillar of strength), chosen by the township's grandmothers. :)

ETA:
The South African flag: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_South_Africa
So far, Meghan has worn black, white and blue. Perhaps we'll get to see her wear some of the other flag colors over the course of the trip. ;) The gorgeous blue shirt dress is a repeat from the South Pacific tour (by Veronica Beard):

Last edited:

mag

in a cute hat with a pom on top. :D

In Canada we call that a toque!

There have actually been more pics made available of Archie in his first five months than we got to see of Louis in his first five months (contradicting the perception some have voiced).

Because it is a competition for the number of photos? I would say that was intentionally completely missing the point of the criticism.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Of course it's not a competition, and there's nothing to argue about either. ;) Nor should there be any critcism of the Sussexes and the Cambridges regarding how they decide to protect their kids' privacy.

I was remarking on some of the online complaints re people wanting to see Archie and the clamor among the media about getting to see him, and the whole faux uproar regarding Archie's christening often juxtaposed with the Cambridge kids, when in fact both families protect the privacy of their children as much as possible. In fact, we didn't get to see Louis after the Lindo Wing photo op, Kate's two released photos of him (one taken with Charlotte), and the christening photos with brief church arrival vid released in July 2018. The next photo we saw of Louis was in the documentary celebrating Prince Charles' 70th birthday (released in November 2018, though the photo was taken during filming of the documentary in the summer of 2018). In celebration of Charles' 70th last November, the entire Wales family set of 3 photos was also released:

Next pic of Louis was in the Cambridge family Christmas photo (December 2018); then many months later, the lovely photos by Kate celebrating Louis' first birthday. Since then, we saw the Kate garden video with the kids, and Louis stealing the show during Trooping the Colour on BP balcony, as well as this summer's polo outing with Louis chillin' in his Mom's sunglasses, while gesturing toward Archie. :) But within Louis' first five months, there weren't many views and there wasn't a lot of complaining by the press or royal fans either.

Though tongue-in-cheek, even this was mentioned here some pages back:
Speaking of Archie are we ever going to see any photos of him or will we have to wait until he starts school...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information