Ross Perot Passed Away

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I used to work for EDS. It was not a good experience and I don't have warm fuzzy feelings towards Ross Perot. OTOH, the people I know who worked out of the Dallas campus pretty much worshiped him in a way that felt a bit cult-like. A friend of mine was working for them in TX during some of the time I was working for them in Hawaii and she had a much more positive experience.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
I like Kevin Pollock's impression of him:"The economy is like peanut butter: You feed it to a horse, and the horse chews on it, it makes it look like he's talking!".

TheGirlCanSkate

When I was a teen, he came to the Asian restaurant where I worked. It was really busy and he was told he needed to wait for a table. As he was from out of state and his campaign was at the early stages we didn't know who he was and it didn't matter, we couldn't magically get a new table. He started yelling, Do you know who I am? And he left saying he was going to send Asians back to Asia.

I was really confused. Why does someone who hates Asians want to eat at an Asian restaurant?

That is my only memory of Ross Perot.

VGThuy

When I was a teen, he came to the Asian restaurant where I worked. It was really busy and he was told he needed to wait for a table. As he was from out of state and his campaign was at the early stages we didn't know who he was and it didn't matter, we couldn't magically get a new table. He started yelling, Do you know who I am? And he left saying he was going to send Asians back to Asia.

I was really confused. Why does someone who hates Asians want to eat at an Asian restaurant?

That's fitting. When architect Maya Lin, at the time a Yale undergraduate student, won the blind open contest to design the Vietnam War Memorial, Perot apparently freaked out and withdrew financial support. He called her an "eggroll" and was super pissed that an Asian-Am person won.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I used to work for EDS. It was not a good experience and I don't have warm fuzzy feelings towards Ross Perot. OTOH, the people I know who worked out of the Dallas campus pretty much worshiped him in a way that felt a bit cult-like. A friend of mine was working for them in TX during some of the time I was working for them in Hawaii and she had a much more positive experience.
Same in the successor company, Perot Systems. Anyone not based in Texas didn’t exist.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

"Don't you know who I am" is never a good line to use anywhere.

Around the time he was running for president, we were putting together a program at my school whose name had the acronym HROS. Whenever anybody asked how to pronouce the acronym, we would say "H Ross as in H. Ross Perot.". His name turned out to be quite useful for us....

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information