Pokemon Go part 2

MacMadame

Doing all the things
That's how I get a lot of "gifts" too. People are probably sick of getting the same ones over and over but I pass them twice a day on my work commute. :D

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I have found the Poke Stops to be stingy with gifts. I used to have plenty to give out; this is not the case any more.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
It goes in cycles for me. But I get most of my stuff from a gym at work and one outside our complex that I'm at Gold level. So they throw tons of stuff at me every time I spin.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So .. what do people think of the new PvP battle option? I like the animation much better than what you get when you fight in a gym. I think the rewards are kind of stingy though. And I actually would prefer if you had to use potions and revives on your Pokemon that fight in these battles since I have so many.

What do other people think?

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
I get nothing but stardust out of them. Everyone else seems to get sinnoh stones left and right.
It's kind of like shinys: I never get them. (it took me 34 fecking Ponytas to get one lousy shiny at the event :lol: )

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I haven't tried the pvp thing.

and I apologize I have now picked up so many friends that it's hard to get gifts for everyone!

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
I didn’t get an invite to the Safari Zone :(

I know it’s a lottery, but they could give more preference to the locals. Almost no one here got it.

Hopefully, the event spawns will be for everyone.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Yeah, exclusive gyms and pokestops will pop up for people with invites.

Adding insult to injury, a second wave of invites was sent today: still got nothing.
I still plan to go the park and see what comes up, it's too close to me not to at least show up.

cygnus

Ok- so I dropped off 2 pokemon to defend gyms when I was in Slovakia last month. They are both high up in the Tatras mountains near Stola. Won't someone in Europe not from Team Mystic go rescue them? They are cold and tired and I can only throw so many berries at them. Sudowoodo is all alone and a little scared after 20 days by himself. Abomasnow at least has a few friends with him, but it has been a long time.:cold:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
If you don't throw berries at them, they might come out sooner. :D

I had two Pokemon in gyms in Hawaii for 2 weeks because the gyms were on a hiking trail and also the cell phone reception was bad there. I thought, at one point, they were going to be there forever!

cygnus

I only throw little berries- enough to make them smile at me. And only because I feel guilty. The energy hearts are still all black.

cygnus

Day 24 report. Sudowoodo and Lileep have been joined by Arcanine (shiny version). Whee- party in the Tatras!

LeafOnTheWind

I have a special research task to add friends and I don't know anyone that's interested in the app. PM me if you would be interested in adding me. I can use the friends. 🙂

cygnus

Day 33 report. It's a full gym now in the Tatras- Sudowoodo has been joined by a Wobbuffet, a Blaziken, and a Chansey. So it's quite a party going on, but I think the gallant little fellow is ready to come home now. Is it really only Team Mystic that wanders in the mountains?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Day 33 report. It's a full gym now in the Tatras- Sudowoodo has been joined by a Wobbuffet, a Blaziken, and a Chansey. So it's quite a party going on, but I think the gallant little fellow is ready to come home now. Is it really only Team Mystic that wanders in the mountains?
It's the most popular team. One reason is that players of Ingress (same company, same maps) thought there might be some sort of advantage to the Blue team because there was in Ingress. But lots of players just like the description and also blue is a very popular color.

Here are some numbers:

(Though the theory that it's the "middle" team has me :huh: Middle in what way?)

LeafOnTheWind

I wish blue was popular here. I chose it and all the gyms and raids are yellow or red. I got lucky this weekend when I went early in the morning and a kid walking in front of me was slowly changing everything to blue. I was able to leave a pokemon in the gym. I can sometimes defeat a gym but I don't have very many strong Pokemon yet. I have to wait until there's only 1 or 2 with low health defending the gym. The kid gave me great tips on raids.

I also met a little girl that taught me Calcy IV for evaluating your Pokemons and traded me a Machamp to help me out since I'm so new and have so many unknowns. :lol:

Kids know everything.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I wish blue was popular here.
I meant outside the game. :lol:

Inside the game, it depends a lot on where you live. The gyms closest to my house are almost always yellow or red and rarely blue. But as soon as venture out of this small area, blue, blue, blue everywhere I look! So I think there are a handful of Team Instinct people who live on my street and are very into battling.

cygnus

After 34 days Sudowoodo is home. :cheer2:He is tired, but okay after being revived (and given hot cocoa and blankets as well). He will have a few weeks rest before being sent out again though, and he did make some new European friends during his adventure.

sk8girl

After 34 days Sudowoodo is home. :cheer2:He is tired, but okay after being revived (and given hot cocoa and blankets as well). He will have a few weeks rest before being sent out again though, and he did make some new European friends during his adventure.
This was all awesome - thanks for sharing! My new Pokemon goal is to put my guys in obscure gyms when I travel, so they can still have adventures after I'm home! :biggrinbo:lol:

Mozart

I've got 99 problems but a colon ain't 1
I started playing again after 2 years away from it. I needed some motivation to leave my house. There are so many more pokestops than before

cygnus

I started playing again after 2 years away from it. I needed some motivation to leave my house. There are so many more pokestops than before

Yes, I find it a great motivator to get moving and go outside. I'm a walker anyways, but it gives some direction to my travels and I tend to walk longer. (Although the dog hates raids because they take too long).

LeafOnTheWind

I was out walking and ran into a random group doing a legendary raid. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch Kyogre but I was wondering what is the best way of finding a raid group? I don't think I'll luck into too many groups while I'm out and about.

sk8girl

I was out walking and ran into a random group doing a legendary raid. Unfortunately I wasn't able to catch Kyogre but I was wondering what is the best way of finding a raid group? I don't think I'll luck into too many groups while I'm out and about.
For my area, there is a local Facebook group and a local Discord group for Pokemon Go. Raids are usually coordinated on the Discord group. If you run into a group again at a raid, you may want to ask them if there are local groups you should be joining.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yes, I go on raid parties organized via my local discord all the time. They also announce them on a Facebook group.

But some areas are pretty much always guaranteed to have people. For example, if you go to a big park that is busy on the weekend or a downtown area that is packed with gyms. I have a bunch of places like that around where I live so if I feel like raiding, I can just wander down there and wait a bit and people will show up.

LeafOnTheWind

I caught Smeargle yesterday.

Today I caught my first Tier 5 raid boss (Armored Mewtwo). I also found the Facebook and Discord group. They are going back out at 4 pm for the event raid so I might catch more great Pokemon. I might also have found a walking partner. She just moved to the area.

I took Mewtwo's picture to brag to my sister and Smeargle photobombed him.

It's been a really good weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information