Petition to the Swedish Olympic Committee: Send Alexander Majorov to the 2018 Olympics

Tinami Amori

it's over 12,700+ now. i don't know how such petitions work, while not knowing, i think it would be nice if "crowd funding" option was added to it, to let the Federation know that Majorov may get some financial help.

skatingguy

decently

skatingguy

decently
oops...sorry...I totally misunderstood...Sincere apologies. So it is the entire SOC at fault?
It was the stated qualification requirement of the Swedish Olympic Committee, which Majorov failed to meet, that resulted in Sweden not using the Olympic entry that Majorov earned at World's last year.

Skittl1321

It was the stated qualification requirement of the Swedish Olympic Committee, which Majorov failed to meet, that resulted in Sweden not using the Olympic entry that Majorov earned at World's last year.

[strike]The Swedish Olympic Committee did not inform Majorov of what their requirement would be until after his last opportunity to meet that goal though. That's pretty crappy.[/strike]
I was wrong- he did know and failed to meet the goal. It was a pretty unattainable one :(

it's over 12,700+ now. i don't know how such petitions work, while not knowing, i think it would be nice if "crowd funding" option was added to it, to let the Federation know that Majorov may get some financial help.

The petition never really had a chance to do anything- as the spot had already been given away. But it has to mean a lot to Majorov to know he has that many fans (or at least that many people who appreciate his skating to think the decision was unfair.) I think every skater likes to know they have made some mark on the sport.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
The Swedish Olympic Committee did not inform Majorov of what their requirement would be until after his last opportunity to meet that goal though
Majorov mentioned he was informed by the SOC about the score criterion after Helsinki Worlds: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/scandinavian-skaters-news-thread.99400/page-6#post-5260522
The petition never really had a chance to do anything- as the spot had already been given away. But it has to mean a lot to Majorov to know he has that many fans (or at least that many people who appreciate his skating to think the decision was unfair.) I think every skater likes to know they have made some mark on the sport.
Exactly. I'm glad to see skaters like Tamar Katz ( http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/30/sports/olympics/30olympics.html ) and Kevin Reynolds publicized the petition for Majorov.

turquoiseblue

14,019 :cheer2::cheer2:

The petition page has been updated:
Unfortunately the Swedish Olympic Committees decision is final and the spot has already been passed on to the next country on the list.
The Swedish Skating Federation has declared via their social media to stand behind this decision.
By rigidly sticking to this unrealistic standard and ignoring opinions of the thousands who signed this petition, they are denying someone who has rightfully qualified internationally the opportunity to bear the fruits of all their hard work and they are sending a terribe message to all who dream of representing their country.
Let's show them the world is watching!! Keep signing to deliver the message and show Alexander our support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information