Peacock Subscription Discount

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I do not have to take Thursday off from work then. Because I am not missing JGP, but if its not blocked I can watch it when I get home.
I'm screwed for the GPF unless the training class I'm in for work involves a lot of sitting around, twiddling thumbs the first week (which is entirely possible, I've worked for my "new" employer before, but in a totally different division, so I'm not sure how busy we'll be learning, lol). I can't very well take time off the first week on a new job, so I'm relying on my Opera browser to watch the senior events I'll miss during the day. And annoyed at all of the inconvenience.

Evgeniafan

I'm screwed for the GPF unless the training class I'm in for work involves a lot of sitting around, twiddling thumbs the first week (which is entirely possible, I've worked for my "new" employer before, but in a totally different division, so I'm not sure how busy we'll be learning, lol). I can't very well take time off the first week on a new job, so I'm relying on my Opera browser to watch the senior events I'll miss during the day. And annoyed at all of the inconvenience.
Its so sad. If the competitions could stay up for a week I'd be happy. Plus I was at Skate America and I would rewatch it multiple times if I could.

Allskate

Peacock has a deal $19.99 for A whole year. Is that a good deal?
I was just coming to post the same thing as I recently canceled my subscription. It ordinarily is five dollars per month. IMO, it's a decent deal only if we know that Peacock is going to cover the Grand Prix and Worlds next season (with replays). Has there been confirmation for that? I don't really watch much on Peacock other than skating and I definitely wouldn't subscribe unless I knew for sure that skating was going to be available.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The $19.99 w/ ads deal has been going on for months now. Even without the skating, thereā€™s a massive library of TV shows that make it well worth the price.

Allskate

The $19.99 w/ ads deal has been going on for months now. Even without the skating, thereā€™s a massive library of TV shows that make it well worth the price.
There are lots of streaming services. I'm not paying for all of them. Peacock is not one of my favorites and you can access some of it without a subscription. I have found that I rarely watch it for anything besides skating, which is why I canceled my subscription. I think there are lots of people like me who would not subscribe to Peacock if it did not have skating. The odds are good that they will have another deal before Skate America, and I might buy one then if it would include the 2023-24 skating season and the 2024 Olympics.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Update for xFinity customers -

Effective June 26, 2023, NBCUniversal will no longer include Peacock Premium with your Xfinity service at no extra cost. To re-subscribe to Peacock Premium starting June 26, say ā€œPeacockā€ into your Voice Remote.
If you re-subscribe through Xfinity between June 26 and August 25, 2023, youā€™ll receive Peacock Premium at the discounted rate of $2.99/mo for 12 months before being billed at the regular monthly rate.
Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.​

Debbie S

FYI, for Xfinity internet customers....if you've been a customer for a while, they probably enrolled you in their rewards program. If you are a Diamond or Platinum rewards member (don't ask me how you reach these categories ;)) then Peacock is free, but the email I got said you have to log in on June 26 and "redeem" your Peacock subscription.

I have no idea how or why I'm a "Platinum" rewards member, but I'll take it. :)

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Peacock is still cheaper than travel costs!
Yes it is, and we also have the option to change our profile icons. I changed mine from the Peacock to E.T. because I realize that everyone's welcome here at FSU whether they're from parallel universes coming here through vortexes or it's Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes. Everyone loves skating here, even Clippy! :cheer2::rockstar::summer:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Ricoā€¦With Love! Not LatinX!
Yes it is, and we also have the option to change our profile icons. I changed mine from the Peacock to E.T. because I realize that everyone's welcome here at FSU whether they're from parallel universes coming here through vortexes or it's Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes. Everyone loves skating here, even Clippy! :cheer2::rockstar::summer:

Is the Peacock icon bad? Whatā€™s ā€œnon welcomingā€ about Peacock, eg, is it owned by Fox?
I had no idea that Peacock is negative, if so.

Last edited:

Simone411

Is the Peacock icon bad? Whatā€™s ā€œnon welcomingā€ about Peacock, eg, is it owned by Fox?
I had no idea that Peacock is negative, if so.
No, the Peacock icon isn't bad. Peacock allows you to work on your profile, and it offers other icons beside the Peacock icon. I was scrolling through them, and discovered the E.T. icon. I just changed it up in my profile.

ETA: Whenever I sign into Peacock now, I see my E.T. icon. Peacock is still owned by NBC as far as I know.

Maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing. We have profile banners here, and mine is Clippy. At Peacock, I changed my profile banner to E.T.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Ricoā€¦With Love! Not LatinX!
No, the Peacock icon isn't bad. Peacock allows you to work on your profile, and it offers other icons beside the Peacock icon. I was scrolling through them, and discovered the E.T. icon. I just changed it up in my profile.

ETA: Whenever I sign into Peacock now, I see my E.T. icon. Peacock is still owned by NBC as far as I know.

Maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing. We have profile banners here, and mine is Clippy. At Peacock, I changed my profile banner to E.T.
Thanks. I didnā€™t know about the icon-change option at Peacock. Since we were talking about inclusivity, I wondered if the peacock was somehow non inclusive. Duh!

AYS

šŸŒ»
FYI, for Xfinity internet customers....if you've been a customer for a while, they probably enrolled you in their rewards program. If you are a Diamond or Platinum rewards member (don't ask me how you reach these categories ;)) then Peacock is free, but the email I got said you have to log in on June 26 and "redeem" your Peacock subscription.

I have no idea how or why I'm a "Platinum" rewards member, but I'll take it. :)
Thanks! I was peeved when I tried to tune in to watch swimming nationals a couple days ago and found we'd lost Peacock from our Xfinity service (I missed that email a couple weeks ago). I should have known the low-down would be here. :)

Simone411

I don't know about the rest of you, but as of last night, I was no longer able to watch my local NBC station with DirecTV. The message I received last night when I was planning to watch AGT, was that DirecTV was no longer able to provide it legally because the owner which is Nexstar cut it off. It also listed other carriers like Dish Network could no longer provide the NBC station.

I'm now thankful that I'm a subscriber to Peacock and was able to watch AGT there. I'm going to miss Wheel of Fortune, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, etc. I hope DirecTV can negotiate with Nexstar because skating season is about 3 months away, and I've always watched Figure Skating on my local NBC station.

This is in part what DirecTV mentioned about Nexstar:

Nexstar is now asking for significantly higher rates. In fact, they are looking for rate increases for more than 200 local TV stations and a national news channel they own in more than 100 different metro areas across the U.S., reaching 68% of U.S. TV households. In many metro areas, Nexstar owns two local ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX affiliates, and the company is demanding to include CW and low-rated channels in its lineups.

Nexstar often uses its market size to demand significant price increases, often leading to temporary disruptions in broadcasting. This is a key tactic Nexstar uses with DIRECTV and other pay TV providers to significantly increase how much you pay for the same programming.

Unfortunately, since we currently do not have an active agreement with Nexstar, DIRECTV is legally prohibited from airing its content for the time being. You can still enjoy much of your same sports and entertainment for free at either the local station or national network websites and through popular apps or streaming devices.

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Do you stream Pluto TV (it's free but you have to get the app). I haven't used it much, but their channel listing shows a channel that seems to show a lot of NBC news programming. It seems to have the Lester Holt news, but maybe a couple hours later? You can check out the channel guide and see if it's something that will help you until DirectTV reaches an agreement to carry the channels again.

Simone411

Do you stream Pluto TV (it's free but you have to get the app). I haven't used it much, but their channel listing shows a channel that seems to show a lot of NBC news programming. It seems to have the Lester Holt news, but maybe a couple hours later? You can check out the channel guide and see if it's something that will help you until DirectTV reaches an agreement to carry the channels again.
Thanks. I forgot about Pluto TV. So I'll check it out. As far as local news, I can go to KTAL.com and get that. I called DirecTV, and they're trying to negotiate for a long-term contract with Nexstar. From what I understand, when those contracts almost expire, Nexstar will end the viewing of those channels. Since they also own ABC and CBS, they'll block viewing of those channels, too, sooner or later.

It's not just with DirecTV. My brother has Dish Network, and still has NBC, the CW and KMSS 33 Fox. But when the contract runs out, he'll lose those channels. So it would make no sense to switch providers.

I can't get over-the-air tv because my local stations come out of Shreveport. I'm like 40 miles away from their towers. So I'm glad I can at least watch some of those shows on Peacock until DirecTV can negotiate an agreement with Nexstar.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Thanks, FSU, for the Xfinity Peacock info. We are Gold customers so now getting Peacock Premium free again. I managed to negotiate an $18 reduction in Comcast charges at the same time: big deal, itā€™s still $180 a month including fast WiFi and Netflix. :(

ice coverage

... I'm going to miss Wheel of Fortune, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, etc. ...

Regarding options for NBC Nightly News, videos of full broadcasts routinely are available on YouTube.com ("regular" YouTube.com -- I am not talking about YouTube.tv). Both weekday and weekend broadcasts.
I don't know exactly how long it takes for them to get uploaded.

(So happens that Nightly did not air last night, Sun Jul 2, AFAIK -- in my time zone, NBC was broadcasting live NASCAR coverage.
But for example, here is link to Nightly on Sat Jul 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_dyrJfZkT0
Fri Jun 30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUfT6Svj2U0
Thu Jun 29: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKfUMgPV3w )

Full-broadcast videos of Nightly show up in my YouTube feed all the time.
For grins, I just took a look at Peacock, and seems that Nightly also is viewable there, at least to some extent.
At the moment, Jul 1 and Jun 30 broadcasts are available on Peacock, with "expiration" windows indicated.
(I can't tell whether Nightly is a free offering on Peacock -- or whether it requires Peacock Premium, for which I am a subscriber.)

Last edited:

Simone411

Regarding options for NBC Nightly News, videos of full broadcasts routinely are available on YouTube.com ("regular" YouTube.com -- I am not talking about YouTube.tv). Both weekday and weekend broadcasts.
I don't know exactly how long it takes for them to get uploaded.

(So happens that Nightly did not air last night, Sun Jul 2, AFAIK -- in my time zone, NBC was broadcasting live NASCAR coverage.
But for example, here is link to Nightly on Sat Jul 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_dyrJfZkT0
Fri Jun 30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUfT6Svj2U0
Thu Jun 29: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKfUMgPV3w )

Full-broadcast videos of Nightly show up in my YouTube feed all the time.
For grins, I just took a look at Peacock, and seems that Nightly also is viewable there, at least to some extent.
At the moment, Jul 1 and Jun 30 broadcasts are available on Peacock, with "expiration" windows indicated.
(I can't tell whether Nightly is a free offering on Peacock -- or whether it requires Peacock Premium, for which I am a subscriber.)
Thank you so much for this information. I have the Peacock Premium. I purchased Premium last year so I would be able to watch the Figure Skating that wasn't available on NBC. I decided to keep it because I love to watch the movies, etc. Thank you also for the YouTube links for Nightly News, and I'll also check out Nightly News with Peacock.

@Garden Kitty, I was able to download the Pluto TV app for free from the Microsoft Store. I now have it on my laptop, and it has a 15.6 inch screen! lol! That's what I did with Peacock, too. I watch it on my laptop.

I only have the HD receiver with DirecTV. I realize I could get a whole home DVR for free because I have the protection plan. The only thing about it is I would have to pay a monthly fee, and I'm on a budget that's pretty tight right now. So I'm thankful that I do have my laptop to watch it on.

Last edited:

smurfy

Last Sept I paid $20 to have Peacock for a full year (previously I would just subscribe for Oct-Mar/Apr) and then cancel.
My subscription is up for renewal and they are offering $20 for one year again.
Before I commit - will the skating be on Peacock this coming season like last season?
Thanks in advance.

love skating

Clueless American
Do you have the code or link for the one year deal? And is it for current subscribers or only new ones? My September subscription is also coming to an end. I assume the skating will be on Peacock again, but don't think there has been any announcement so that's just my assumption.

maureenfarone

I signed up for the $19.99/yr special on Peacock last year. Today I went into my account and discovered that the $59/yr cost was crossed out and the $19/yr was being offered for my renewal rate. It doesn't appear that I have to enter any code or do anything other than allow the charge to go through on my credit card on 9/7/2023.

I checked google and Peacock doesn't show this special rate so maybe it is only being offered to people who are already customers:confused:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We used to get Peacock for free but now we don't. We were offered $3/month for a year, not $20/year. Now I'm bummed.

On My Own

I signed up for the $19.99/yr special on Peacock last year. Today I went into my account and discovered that the $59/yr cost was crossed out and the $19/yr was being offered for my renewal rate. It doesn't appear that I have to enter any code or do anything other than allow the charge to go through on my credit card on 9/7/2023.

I checked google and Peacock doesn't show this special rate so maybe it is only being offered to people who are already customers:confused:
Sounds like a steal!

crzesk8dad

Where am I? How do I get off? Do I get ice cream?
Given that they normally charge $4.95 a month (or $9.95 a month for premium), I would say yes.
$1.67 per month? Not as good as free, but pretty cheap these days. I still have the 99 cent/month deal, but I wouldn't hesitate on this deal if it has any of the content you are interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information