Peacock Subscription Discount

smurfy

I signed up for the $19.99/yr special on Peacock last year. Today I went into my account and discovered that the $59/yr cost was crossed out and the $19/yr was being offered for my renewal rate. It doesn't appear that I have to enter any code or do anything other than allow the charge to go through on my credit card on 9/7/2023.

I checked google and Peacock doesn't show this special rate so maybe it is only being offered to people who are already customers:confused:
This is my case as well. No code.
I had signed in to cancel as it expires 9/4. Thinking I would renew monthly for Skate America. Nice surprise and hope Peacock dies have skating this season. Thxs

love skating

Clueless American
Just checked my subscription - it says I am currently on the $19.99 plan but the renewal will be $59.99 on 9/10. So I better find something quick lol. I might cancel for a while and wait a month or something.

maureenfarone

@love skating @ChelleC I would encourage you to wait until closer to renewal before cancelling Peacock. Mine renews on 9/7 but the reduced price only showed up about 3 days ago. I had checked the renewal cost on 8/6 and it was showing $59. I have no idea what or how Peacock is offering the reduced price but wait until closer to your renewal time and hopefully you will also get the reduced price.

love skating

Clueless American
@love skating @ChelleC I would encourage you to wait until closer to renewal before cancelling Peacock. Mine renews on 9/7 but the reduced price only showed up about 3 days ago. I had checked the renewal cost on 8/6 and it was showing $59. I have no idea what or how Peacock is offering the reduced price but wait until closer to your renewal time and hopefully you will also get the reduced price.
Good advice! Thanks, I'll try that.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I would double check lower on your account page where it says what you are about to be charged on your renewal date. While mine says $19.99 for the annual at the top, I believe that is just referring to my previous limited time discounted rate. If you look lower on the page there is the normal price going to be changed on the last day of this month. Maybe that would have changed in the upcoming days but I'm not risking it. None of my credit cards have a cashback bonus on an annual subscription at the moment either. I cancelled my subscription and I am waiting for a discount. If it doesn't come I am okay waiting longer. VPN does wonders.

maureenfarone

I went back into my account at Peacock and at the top it shows this:
Premium Annual
$19.99 for one year!
Offer ends 09/07/2024
In the top right corner it had been showing 59.99/yr and that is now crossed out and shows 19.99/yr. I also checked at the bottom of the account and the 19.99/yr will be charged 9/7/2024.
There is also some type of discount being offered to Spectrum and Direct TV subscribers so if you have one of those TV providers check that out.

When I checked on this on 8/6 the 19.99/yr ended in 2023 and the renewal was going to be 59.99. Of course Peacock isn't offering any info on this so who knows why I got this offer. VPNs are definitely an option as well as just paying month by month from October til the end of March. I'm just glad I didn't cancel my yearly rate on 8/6 because I'm sure I would not have gotten the offer for $19.99/yr.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Peacock constantly (and for months on end) runs specials on yearly plans. If there isn’t one immediately, I’d be willing to bet something shows up between now and October. The last one went on for many months before the code stopped working.

Debbie S

It looks like Comcast/Xfinity is giving Peacock for free to all Diamond and Platinum rewards members without having to log in to Xfinity and activate (which was a cluster anyway). My parents are in this category and they seem to have Peacock without me having to do anything. Phew!

Allskate

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I went back into my account at Peacock and at the top it shows this:
Premium Annual
$19.99 for one year!
Offer ends 09/07/2024
In the top right corner it had been showing 59.99/yr and that is now crossed out and shows 19.99/yr. I also checked at the bottom of the account and the 19.99/yr will be charged 9/7/2024.
There is also some type of discount being offered to Spectrum and Direct TV subscribers so if you have one of those TV providers check that out.

When I checked on this on 8/6 the 19.99/yr ended in 2023 and the renewal was going to be 59.99. Of course Peacock isn't offering any info on this so who knows why I got this offer. VPNs are definitely an option as well as just paying month by month from October til the end of March. I'm just glad I didn't cancel my yearly rate on 8/6 because I'm sure I would not have gotten the offer for $19.99/yr.
I checked this out. I have DirecTV. Their instructions are to unsubscribe for the premium acct. first and then go to the DirecTV link that they provide. The thing is that I'm not sure if it will work for me. I only have the HD Receiver, and in order to get internet with DirecTV, I have to get an internet kit for my TV. In order to do that, I have to upgrade to a HD DVR or maybe it's called Whole Home DVR, and then the internet kit can be added.

I would get the upgrade for the HD DVR for free because I have the protection plan. However, I would still have to pay an extra 13 dollars a month for the service. Since I only have the HD receiver, I don't believe this would work for me. It would even cost more in the long run.

love skating

Clueless American
Well, I waited and no new deal showed on my account. Also read some people who said they went to cancel and were then offered a deal to not cancel. I just went to cancel (my plan ends Sunday) and no offer was given to me they just let me cancel - boo. And I tried many codes from many sites to no avail. I only found a three month offer that works so I will probably do a three month offer and then hope for a Black Friday offer in November.

Simone411

Well, I was right on. I called DirecTV and talked to customer service. I could get Peacock as a premium channel for 3.99 a month. The only problem was that I would have to get a HD DVR where I could hook up an internet kit. It would cost me 13 dollars a month plus the 3.99 a month for Peacock. That would be 16.99 a month whereas I get it now for 5.99 a month online on my laptop.

We both agreed it would be better for me to keep it the way I have it.

Simone411

Good news for us that have DirecTV. Our local NBC station is back as of two days ago. They're still negotiating regarding the local KMSS 33 Fox. I'm just so happy that we have our local NBC station back. It means I can watch AGT on my big screen TV tonight. It also means that we'll be able to watch the live figure skating that's sometimes shown on Sundays with NBC.

From what it states here, DirecTV also got NewsNation back, too. I don't have that with my package, but others here may have it.

Lizziebeth

I have the $5.99/month plan and have never had any ads during skating when watching the world feed. Anyone know if this is still true? Debating if I need to upgrade.

ice coverage

Peacock is offering a one-year subscription for $29.99 (in other words, at half price) -- although not for current Peacock Premium subscribers.

"If you have a Peacock account but don’t have a Premium plan, Sign In and select Account in the upper right corner. Under Plans & Payment, enter code PEACOCK2024 to redeem offer."​

Excerpts from Peacock 2024 Annual Offer Terms and Conditions:

" ...  This Code is valid January 10, 2024 – January 14, 2024 and is subject to early termination ...

... You are only eligible to redeem this offer if you: (i) are 18 years of age or older; (ii) reside in the United States (including its territories, commonwealths, and possessions); (iii) provide Peacock with a valid payment method; and (iv) are not a current Peacock Premium or Premium Plus subscriber. "​

https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/nfl

https://www.peacocktv.com/offer-terms/peacock-2024

Reactions: LSp

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information