Peacock Subscription Discount

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Apparently, there are no replays. However, I just purchased it again for this skating season since the only other way I could watch any skating was on my local NBC station with DirecTV. And NBC doesn't show enough, and most of the time, it isn't live. I no longer have E! or USA because I switched to a cheaper package that I could afford.

Peacock does show some replays, however, because I'm watching the 2022 World Gymnastics Championships at the moment.

ETA: What I'm watching is Live: day 2 Apparatus events.

Last edited:

Amy L

I meant that Peacock CAN be invoked on the big TV.

It definitely can, but Peacock doesn't do replays of skating (or gymnastics. boo.)

1) I have a VPN which means I can watch the ISU channel on YouTube.
2) My TV is "smart" but not super fancy.
3) My laptop is like six years old and obsolete AF
4) I can't use the VPN on my TV.
5) I can't wirelessly cast my laptop to my TV.
6) Therefore I can't watch the Skating ISU Youtube channel on my TV (I can bring up YouTube but I can't watch the SkatingISU channel because the USA is blocked)

I wonder if I have some cables lying around somewhere to connect my laptop to my TV... gotta experiment with that...

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
True - got it!
I didn’t want folks thinking that Peacock can only be used with a computer…it can be watched on big-TV without casting.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I wonder if I have some cables lying around somewhere to connect my laptop to my TV... gotta experiment with that...
If it's a smart tv, there is a good chance you can set up your tv so that your computer thinks it's an (enormous) monitor.

Allskate

This very limited replay time doesn't help me much. By the time I get home from work I'll maybe have 30 minutes to watch it.

Wait .. so even if you start the stream before the 8 hours is up, they'll just cut you off at the 8 hour time limit and you can't finish watching if you already have it running? I was hoping this would be an option for NHK. There's no way I'll make it with the 11p-7a time slot for NHK, even if I do take the day off work.

This morning, I woke up while the women's short program was still on. I rewound to the beginning and started watching. Then Peacock cut me off just as Isabeau was about to skate. So freaking maddening! And there is not a replay available for me to play. I tried again and again to watch what was on the list but it wouldn't let me watch. This really stinks, especially for competitions that are on different continents.

BaileyCatts

How long does the ISU Channel keep the GP streams up to be able to watch later? I'm trying to get my shyte together and get a new computer, a VPN, the browers whatever thing and I don't know if I'll get it done before NHK starts. Will I still be able to watch NHK like a week after its over?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
How long does the ISU Channel keep the GP streams up to be able to watch later? I'm trying to get my shyte together and get a new computer, a VPN, the browers whatever thing and I don't know if I'll get it done before NHK starts. Will I still be able to watch NHK like a week after its over?
Yes all the GP events so far are still up.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Be sure to tell us what computer you get so we can ooh and aah over its shiny newness. :) [I love new computers.]

bladesofgorey

I know this is a dead horse: But why in the everloving feck can US Figure skating offer on demand videos of Juvenile-Novice sectionals but not repost Juniors/Seniors? If it's part of a contract with Peacock it's the stupidest contract imaginable in terms of growing the visibility of the sport. How many people were willing and able to watch the livestream compared to how many people would replay the archived versions? This is madness.

Sylvia

TBD
I know this is a dead horse: But why in the everloving feck can US Figure skating offer on demand videos of Juvenile-Novice sectionals but not repost Juniors/Seniors?
I tweeted about this very topic yesterday ("... USFS, please consider posting U.S. Sectional Sr./Jr. event videos in Fan Zone - SO MANY good performances deserve to be seen!!"): https://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen/status/1593321508167901189

FWIW, I'm told this has been brought up at USFS' board of directors level...

bladesofgorey

Yeah, the more I think about this the angrier I get. Skating programs nationwide are losing participation and ice time and for all the talk of "how to grow the sport" with USFSA they are allowing something that's going to outright kill its popularity dead in one season. Between this and burying competition results info on their websites by making it a game to try and find the competition pages and then locate a tiny throwaway link to results on the bottom of these scattered pages (and their multiple sites' usability/UX/UI/information architecture or lack there-of) it's like Musk level self-sabotage.

clairecloutier

FWIW, I'm told this has been brought up at USFS' board of directors level...

I mean, good.

But it should have been brought up at that level on September 13/14. Which is when we learned of Peacock's new no-replay policy. And I wish it had been addressed with a public statement/explanation.

It's a huge issue for this sport in the U.S. If there's a bigger immediate issue right now, I'm not aware of it.

Get ahead of things for once. The continued radio silence from all parties involved just encourages speculation and negative assumptions/conclusions. :saint:

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
All of the senior GPF events are available to save to "My Stuff" on Peacock. I'm pretty sure the Jr GPF events will be streamed on the ISU Jr GP channel and are not geo-blocked anywhere in the world (thank God!).

Dear Lordie - thanks for the Jrs being available later! 🥳

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information