Paul and Islam: "No Matter What"

clarie

Well, I think it's great they are getting some positive attention. They deserve it. I really think their star is on the rise :). Great new thread title too.

Pratfall

:D..Thankya..Thankya..Thankya veruh much... Gee..I named a thread ? Cool.

Thanks for posting that gala performance ! And it's even British Eurosport ! I've been checking Youtube for their coverage of the FD, but no luck, so far.. I'd really like to know what they said.

I liked these comments, though.;)

piano18

HQ version of Brit. Eurosport FD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgm1xc_VcEI

Their technique is flawless, actual deep edges and real skating skills :swoon:

Next year I hope choreographers add more complex transitions. Also, their style is nothing like V&M.

This was a good move going to K&C and not S&Z. This FD isn't the best work of K&C, but good to show great skills of an internationally-unknown team.

tonkatwofeather

SD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bXkVaYOWXE

I don't like this so much. They didn't have the ice coverage of S&B and the overall look/feel a bit too...cutesy :lol:

"Cutesy" you say?

Well. . . I guess to each his/her own.

But I thought their performance was delightful and really captured the essence of their chosen music. Really couldn't have asked for anything more. (Can't really comment on ice coverage, not having seen it live.) Didn't find them trying to be deliberately "cute" at all. . . They appeared quite "genuine" (sincere) in their interpretation. Nothing "put on" or "fake" about this team IMO.

Pratfall

Their SD is totally in the spirit of the musical..comparing program to program, I thought S/B's was a hodge-podge.. musically and choreographically.. but yeah, to each their own..

KimGOAT

Banned Member
Are they the favorites to make it to Sochi now? Poirier & Gilles are not even eligible due to citizenship so who else does that leave.

Pratfall

No, I don't think they can be considered favourites. They're my favourites, but when has that ever counted ?:lol: Piper's papers are an unknown quantity..and apart from that ,a lot will depend on how they do on the GP. They had been (undeservedly , IMO) well received nationally, but only 18th at world's which I thought was a very fair result.

So if fairly judged, P/I will be up against them (G/P), Ralph/ Hill and Orford /Williams

briancoogaert

First season I pay attention to them. And I'm really happy to have discovered them now. :)
Good luck at Nationals too.

Pratfall

Only a week to go , now. I'm crossing everything for these two. ( It's going to be hard for me to get around ..or even see where I'm going..) ;)

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
I really like their programs, especially the FD this year. I hope they can nab that third spot to Sochi--so far, I prefer them to Gilles/Poirier.

Pratfall

Danielle Earl has shared some pictures she took at practice on the VM thread 2 of V/M showing their new FD costumes (lovely) and 1 of P/I and their new FD costumes - Zowie ! There will be talk !... I hope she won't mind that I reposted here.. I always admire her photos.

https://twitter.com/danielleearl93

Now, I'm disposed to like this costume for Alex.. the colour is rich.. It will certainly bring drama to the program, and while I'm generally not fond of a lot of illusion fabric, That often stems from it's use on very young girls , or that the overall effect is a bit tacky , and the only objective is to titillate.

The placement of the decoration in this case is beautiful.. more flowers could be added if necessary without spoiling the design..but it's really not terribly revealing. ... and if they get to Sochi , it might help to win notice for their exquisite skating.

BTW, from what you can see of Mitch , I heartily approve of his costume..again , rich looking fabric.

I can hardly wait to see this. :swoon:

Last edited:

liv

That was a good program. very enjoyable and I am glad to see them 3rd.

clarie

Finally the judges got it right. Let's hope they have a terrific skate tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information