Paris to get 2024 Olympics; Los Angeles 2028

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Hmm, of course video gaming is a difficult craft just like any other when pursued at the elite level, but it just doesn't sit right with me that it might become an Olympic sport while dance (which influences several olympic spots) would become one. I'm sure there are many other examples (like Parkour, heck even drum corps) the point is that the IOC should try to be less greedy and pathetic for once :lol:

Peaches LaTour

Remind me to avoid my beloved city of Los Angeles during the Olympics.......congestion, heat, smog. I can tolerate the last three as a normal lifestyle for The City of Angels but the Olympics, too? You will find me in Ventura, lounging at the beach, margarita in hand. :40beers:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I would love to attend in LA. I have never been to a Summer Olympics. I did attend the Winter Olympics in SLC in 2002.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
My dad worked on broadcasting the 1984 Olympics. He said it was great, no traffic! My stepmom back then rented out her house to Olympic tourists for a small fortune. If we are still in LA in 2028 I'm sure we'll go but we plan on moving in the next year or two... (I'll be 42. omg.)

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I attended a couple of events (equestrian and volleyball) at the 1984 Olympics in L.A. I was amazed at how light the traffic was and so was the smog. I obtained the tickets through the lottery so they weren't very pricey, drove down from northern California, and stayed in a cheap motel. Now, the costs for seeing some Olympic events in person seem astronomical in comparison. But I think L.A. will do a good job again.

skipaway

Paris Unveils Olympic Logo

Honestly, I don’t know of “Marianne” in French culture. At first I only saw the flame until I focused on the lips and the face came into view. I like the flame a lot, the face, not so much.

Apparently, the logo has met with criticism.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I attended the LA Olympics. I was living in San Diego and just drove up (about 2 hours) for most events. For a few, my boyfriend and I stayed overnight with his parents who lived in the area. It was so much fun even though I only attended a few events.

Miloune

Paris Unveils Olympic Logo

Honestly, I don’t know of “Marianne” in French culture. At first I only saw the flame until I focused on the lips and the face came into view. I like the flame a lot, the face, not so much.

Apparently, the logo has met with criticism.

Of course it met with criticism... French people LOVE to criticize everything. And Parisians are divided about the OG. Personally I love it! I was so sad when we didn't get it for 2012.

Marianne symbolizes the République, there's her bust in every city hall in the country. And on our stamps lol. Here is the famous Delacroix 's painting where she's represented. I think she was also an inspiration for the Statue of Liberty France gave to the USA.
To be honest I didn't see the woman's face in the logo, only the flame. Marianne is never represented with this haircut 🤣🤣.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Someone did comment that it was very "the 2024 Olympic logo would like to speak to the manager" rather than Marianne. ;)

Miloune

Someone did comment that it was very "the 2024 Olympic logo would like to speak to the manager" rather than Marianne. ;)

lol! And I read a lot of comments saying it looks like a logo for a hair salon hahaha... But the people not liking it are often the same people not liking the games so their opinion is cancelled mwahaha ;) .

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
There is no surf during the summer along the northern Atlantic coast so Teahupo'o is the only choice for them. It's winter there during July/August. The surfers would much rather be there than in Paris. :lol: Plus, it's a great reef break. Sorry, @Vagabond, it's on a different island than Papeete is located, but it's still Tahiti.

D

Deleted member 40371

This is the green Olympics IOC promises, flying people to a remote island, middle of nowhere. I am a fan... :scream:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
This is the green Olympics IOC promises, flying people to a remote island, middle of nowhere. I am a fan... :scream:
It's a major stop on the pro surfing tour and the surfers who aren't on the tour will be thrilled to surf Teahupo'o. The entire little island is devoted to surfing. The locals will be happy for the :bribe:

smurfy

It should be pointed out that, due to planning and preparation, traffic in Los Angeles was lighter than usual during the 1984 Olympics.

I lived there then and traffic was so light. Going to work each morning was so quick.
This was before people could work remotely from home on computers. So many people I knew were so afraid and scheduled their vacations to be out of town. Many work places were so flexible with hours.
I lived in LA for 8.5 years and those 2 weeks were the least amount of traffic the whole time there.
And even compared to many times at 2 am on a Sunday morning driving home from some club/bar and the 101 or 5 being parking lots.

skatingguy

decently
That sounds like a way to rejuvenate the Olympic opening ceremony and create a parade of athletes that the athletes, spectators, and television viewers will remember.

The white placards in the mock-up make me think of protest signs, which seems very fitting for an Olympics in Paris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information