Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miloune

Is there any way to see the bits from P/C's FD somewhere (from the IAM live) ??

(sorry if someone already posted it and I just missed it)

Sylvia

TBD

barbarafan

My guess would be a bit of both but I have no insider knowledge ...
it could just be respect and space between skating teams. Tessa and Scott were using M.Caron during their comeback time so they could have seen their work on their competitors and liked it but wanted to keep a bit of distance. Olympics 2018 was the last time T/S competed and so they may have proceeded to try M.Caron out and liking the result stayed with them. No drama involved.

Miloune

Last edited:

skatfan

Isabelle.G

P/C will only compete at Worlds this year (no Nationals and no Europeans).
https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...es-championnats-du-monde-cette-saison/1193447

They say they don't want to risk being separated and not being able to come back to Canada if they go to Europe (Gabriela doesn't have a visa). Also, they don't want the desillusion of last minute canceled competitions...

It's hard to imagine any of the scheduled competitions actually happening. Fingers crossed this season's Worlds will actually take place.

Miloune

So another interview in L'Equipe says Guillaume has a residence permit, but not Gabby. She hasn't left Canada since the start of the crisis.

Also, they both had c**** in July!

Sylvia

TBD
So another interview in L'Equipe says Guillaume has a residence permit, but not Gabby. She hasn't left Canada since the start of the crisis.

Instagram Live chat earlier today between Gabriella and Tifany Huot-Marchand (🇫🇷 2018 Olympic Short Track Speed Skater): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHgTMc9K2Y3/

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
I am confused. Papadakis does not need a visa to go to Euros. Euros are in Croatia in the EU.

This has something to do with their residency in Canada?

Orm Irian

I am confused. Papadakis does not need a visa to go to Euros. Euros are in Croatia in the EU.

This has something to do with their residency in Canada?
The problem is getting back into Canada after the competition. She would need to have Canadian nationality or residency to be permitted back into the country as current border restrictions stand, and she doesn't have either. Guillaume has residency, so he would be allowed back in.

Miloune

Nooooo!!! 😭😭😭
I don't know why but I had a feeling this was coming ☹️.

At least there'll be some suspense this year, that's the consolation prize...

This makes me also doubt that they'll continue after the Olympics. 😔
Do you think they'll keep the tango FD? I hope so...

Edit : At least, please do it with On Ice Perspective, and in costumes. So we may see it once!!

Last edited:

Isabelle.G

Nooooo!!! 😭😭😭
I don't know why but I had a feeling this was coming ☹️.

At least there'll be some suspense this year, that's the consolation prize...

This makes me also doubt that they'll continue after the Olympics. 😔
Do you think they'll keep the tango FD? I hope so...

Edit : At least, please do it with On Ice Perspective, and in costumes. So we may see it once!!
... 😞 it's not that surprising due to the ongoing situation and whether the Worlds will happen is still unclear but... I wasn't ready for such news.

If only they decided to show us the tango free dance, with or without the costumes, I don't mind... :(

In my humble opinion, I don't think they're going to keep the tango FD for the games. Moonlight Sonata was a part of the package and a summary of their first 4 years in Montreal, and the tango FD seemed like a clever choice for this unexpected season. Maybe they've already chosen the path they want to go for... On the plus side, they've got the time now to fully dive into the creative process.

And as I'm not ready for them to end their careers after the Olympics, I'm not even thinking about that time. Nothing's been decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information