Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

synian

I never got the hang of it ! :rolleyes:
it is just a software which is able to give your internet provider the 'feeling (ip adresse)' that you stay in France whereas you are outside the country for example... some are free but not always reliable, some are not free and most of the time really hepfull for small amount by month or year...
This can help you to see everything (film, youtube, netfleex etc ) around the word without borders as you want to see it.
I don't know if this licence purchasing is okay (thinking law) in every country...

bcash

Why is Scott Moir brought into Montreal in a coaching capacity? Don't they already have a big team of coaching staff?
I have a feeling that P/C won't stay with Montreal beyond the Olympics with this new addition, if they are thinking about staying beyond 2022 at all.

bcash

I never got the hang of it ! :rolleyes:
Just download one from its official site. The good ones are all pricey, esp. if you are in a country with strict internet restrictions. The Opera browser for example took away the free VPN option in several regions.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Why is Scott Moir brought into Montreal in a coaching capacity? Don't they already have a big team of coaching staff?
I have a feeling that P/C won't stay with Montreal beyond the Olympics with this new addition, if they are thinking about staying beyond 2022 at all.
He isnt, Scott has set up another branch of IAM ice skating school in south western Ontario (where he is from) he is the managing director and coach so not in Montreal now.

Bigbird

I really hope they can create a new and winning style for themselves and win convincingly the OGs. The Russian camp especially Zhulin has copied so much of their style and also from the Lauzon camp that I feel a revamp is necessary. They have the skills to do it. Hopefully Scott Moir could help? But I hope for the guys the very best. They are the best ice dancers bar none of the current generation.

deegee

muffinplus

A recording of Find Me is now available if you are have a Patreon subscription to On Ice Perspectives. It's stunning...as Jordan's work is usually, but with this program, it's just something special.

It will be released on youtube Feb 14 if you can wait 2 days ;)

Orm Irian

A recording of Find Me is now available if you are have a Patreon subscription to On Ice Perspectives. It's stunning...as Jordan's work is usually, but with this program, it's just something special.

It will be released on youtube Feb 14 if you can wait 2 days ;)
I can wait, especially if I know when I can look forward to seeing it. :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sorry I have been away from this thread and I don’t understand French. What I gleaned was that P&C will not go to worlds (heartbreaking!) because if they go to Europe (Stockholm) they (only Gabriella) will not be allowed back in Canada. They need to be in Canada to train for the 2022 Olympics.

Is my understanding correct?

I find this confusing. The borders may not be closed forever. I am sure things will improve. This seems like a missed opportunity to establish themselves, going into the Olympics.

Orm Irian

Sorry I have been away from this thread and I don’t understand French. What I gleaned was that P&C will not go to worlds (heartbreaking!) because if they go to Europe (Stockholm) they (only Gabriella) will not be allowed back in Canada. They need to be in Canada to train for the 2022 Olympics.

Is my understanding correct?

I find this confusing. The borders may not be closed forever. I am sure things will improve. This seems like a missed opportunity to establish themselves, going into the Olympics.
They're not going primarily because they lost a lot of training time to having COVID-19 and recovering from it, and the frequent cancellation of events at short notice has been very disruptive to their training process. But yes, the fact that the Canadian borders will remain closed to incoming travellers until at least the end of March 2021 and that unlike Guillaume, Gabriella doesn't have (and perhaps doesn't want) the kind of visa that would allow her to enter the country anyway have also played a part in their decision.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Not everybody wants to become a permanent resident of a foreign country no matter how long they live there for training purposes.
No, but plenty of other foreign skaters training in Canada who don’t have their eyes on permanent residency have been able to leave to compete this season and come back.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Permanent residents in Canada are required to file taxes and also declare worldwide income. So that can be a reason someone doesn't apply for it. Could also be she never planned to be training in Canada this long so never saw the need. I don't imagine she will live in Canada post Beijing.

greenapple

No, but plenty of other foreign skaters training in Canada who don’t have their eyes on permanent residency have been able to leave to compete this season and come back.
I don't believe that anyone other than American skaters have been allowed back into Canada.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I don't believe that anyone other than American skaters have been allowed back into Canada.
But we also see that neither Fear/Gibson or Smart/Diaz (who were in contention for worlds) had any concerns about not being able to re-enter Canada.

greenapple

But we also see that neither Fear/Gibson or Smart/Diaz (who were in contention for worlds) had any concerns about not being able to re-enter Canada.
Neither of those teams left Canada to compete anywhere this season. Whether they (other than Fear who has a Canadian passport) can return after leaving the country is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

Bigbird

irenemulindwairen

I really hope they can create a new and winning style for themselves and win convincingly the OGs. The Russian camp especially Zhulin has copied so much of their style and also from the Lauzon camp that I feel a revamp is necessary. They have the skills to do it. Hopefully Scott Moir could help? But I hope for the guys the very best. They are the best ice dancers bar none of the current generation.
Zhulin is so old school. Can't stand his style.

synian

According the fan page on facebook, they gone be in RTL tonight at 19h30 french hour (french)
According to this interview, (in short) they may keep the tango or not for the olympic, they are working on the SD on hip hop, Guillaume is writing an "essay" (An essay is a philosophical literary text which can be partisan or even controversial depending on the subject ... and which is supposed to lead to reflection ..) should be out in 04/2021 and they are supported by the french federation ...Ali and simba are a great help in this difficult time for them ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information