Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
The link @jujubi64 posted is behind a paywall but I saw an excerpt on Russian forum:

(Google translated)

"A free program on the theme of jealousy
The duo therefore presents on Friday part of their new free program, contemporary choreography on a tango, whose theme is jealousy. "We wanted to do something less lyrical, with character. Mixing tango music with a contemporary dance style is a challenge that kicked us in", explains Cizeron. Not sure, however, that their rhythmic dance is on the program of the show.
In dance, the theme of the short program changes with each season. But, due to the pandemic, that of the musical has been renewed for the winter of 2020-2021. The French could have kept their program on Fame rewarded in July with a trophy from the ISU (the international federation) for the best program. They preferred to change. “Fame is fun when it's cool, but warmed Fame isn't very fresh,” argues Cizeron. It was cool for a season, but we got a little bored reworking it. “With Haguenauer, the couple first reworked Fame, modifying the program to 80% according to the coach. But finally decided to explore another path. “We set up a program on The Artist, the theme with which we hesitated last season, says the coach. It's very different, with much more classic lines. ""

So yes, @Laney is right :D

Orm Irian

New RD: The Artist
New FD: Tango

I read this on FB. It seems there was an French article about them and their season...

...The Artist, as in the silent black-and-white film from 2011?

That can't be right, it's not a musical. I mean, there's a segment of it that's about the shooting of a film musical, but the Artist itself isn't a musical and therefore wouldn't meet the music requirements for the season.

Gris

不做奴才做公民

That can't be right, it's not a musical. I mean, there's a segment of it that's about the shooting of a film musical, but the Artist itself isn't a musical and therefore wouldn't meet the music requirements for the season.

Last year Italian junior couple Portesi Peroni / Chrastecky used it and AFAIK they didn't seem to get any music violation warning so...

(Anyways they can always switch back to Fame...)

VGThuy

I honestly don't think the judges will mark any team down for music choices these days.

Laney

I LOVE the pieces of the tango FD they showed at the I.AMlive. The curve lift is :swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon: Everything they do looks so effortless. I really hope we´ll get to see the whole program in competition, I think it will become another favourite of mine!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Last year Italian junior couple Portesi Peroni / Chrastecky used it and AFAIK they didn't seem to get any music violation warning so...

(Anyways they can always switch back to Fame...)

I haven't seen The Artist. Would you say it fits the bolded section below?
Note: - Musical and/or Operetta - Can be a play (on the stage) or film in which music, singing and/or dancing play an essential part "to tell the story". Juke Box Musicals are allowed (Examples - Mamma Mia, Jersey Boys) - Music from movie soundtracks which are not movie musicals such as Mr. and Mrs. Smith, A Star is Born or soundtrack music from Star Wars, James Bond are “compilations of music/songs/tracks" and not a "musical".

chantilly

Yes, completely.
The dance at the end of the film makes a huge statement about the film industry as a huge feature of the film.
Music also plays a huge part of telling the story
The choice is perfectly within the rules/guidelines.
There’s zero issue to them using it.

Orm Irian

I haven't seen The Artist. Would you say it fits the bolded sectiio below?

I 1,000,000% would not, but if it's already been nodded through then clearly the ISU a) would and b) desperately needs to improve its understanding of the genre.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I 1,000,000% would not, but if it's already been nodded through then clearly the ISU a) would and b) desperately needs to improve its understanding of the genre.

Okay. I've seen the odd trailer for the film some years ago and it didn't appeal to me so haven't watched it.

muffinplus

Precisely. Great choice!! Bazin and Elizaveta Kh...a..(sp) also skate to the Artist!! Not an issue.

That's hilarious considering the things she was saying. I actually really enjoyed Bazin/Khudaiberdieva's RD today, so I have high hopes for P/C's version. The music is great!

muffinplus

Just wondering...was Mathieu Caron the designer of Gabriella's To Build a Home dress or was it someone else?

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Thanks! It's probably my favorite competion dress of hers
She does good work. Although, I don’t think they’ve used Sophie since 2018...nothing post the Olympic RD dress malfunction it seems. The Mathieu Caron costumes are fairly recent.

muffinplus

Hm. So I wonder if the malfunction had anything to do with them stopping their collaboration or it was just simply easier to have an in house designer like Caron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information