Papadakis/Cizeron #5 - We're In Love With The Shape Of You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyasnake

I'm not sure the government is really interested in what's happening in figure skating tbh...
No, but National Sport federation should be at least have someone who has not a dirty reputation. If you do it for football, rugby, etc, this should be easier for this smaller federation.

Miloune

No, but National Sport federation should be at least have someone who has not a dirty reputation. If you do it for football, rugby, etc, this should be easier for this smaller federation.

Let's tweet Laura Flessel about it so she kicks him out!! :kickass:

Anyasnake

Let's tweet Laura Flessel about it so she kicks him out!! :kickass:
WE seriously should but I'm not brave enough, I'm too afraid to tweet anything to anyone that important. David Molina reported tweet from V/M ubers shortly after NHK after all. While my intentions are pure :D I might be not gutsy enough ! But tweeting Gwendal Peizerat should be a start for sure (some people are already doing it).

escaflowne9282

Reformed Manspreader
DomShabs were the reigning world champs but they were carrying an injury into the Olympics. They were not the favorite for the OGM, particularly with the Olympics being in Vancouver.

V&M won only a bronze at the 2009 worlds but it was clear that they were OGM contenders by 2010. I don't remember how the season went, but i am sure they did well. I had expected them to win the OGM in 2010 before the games began. As juniors, V&M had won nearly every competition, including JWand had success very early as seniors, Their OGM in 2010 was not surprising at all.
That's how I remember it as well. D&W had upset them for the GPF title before the Games, but it was very clear that 2010 would be Zueva showdown with V&M the odds on favorites

Isabelle.G

WE seriously should but I'm not brave enough, I'm too afraid to tweet anything to anyone that important. David Molina reported tweet from V/M ubers shortly after NHK after all. While my intentions are pure :D I might be not gutsy enough ! But tweeting Gwendal Peizerat should be a start for sure (some people are already doing it).

I wanted to say: "What about a foreigner?" But wait a moment... is he really that dangerous? Because I'd like to see the next 8 dances in the following years, tbh. :lol:

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Is anyone victim of an olympic burnout ? This schedule was nuts and there is still one to go tomorrow. It did take away a bit of the enjoyment tbh Being cranky certainly has a lot to do with it. Plus we can't get videos easily so the only commentaries I heard where during the live stream and it was in russian, boy can they talk even the kids keep mentioning it hearing so much Russian all season long :D Milano will be a breath of fresh air with the schedule and the choice of commentators available to us.
This schedule is probably the most convenient for my time zone (thank you, NBC) but I am still tired and am glad to rejoin the real world starting tomorrow. I tell people the Olympics are over as of now and they keep saying they go on until the 25th. Weirdos! :lol:

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
TAT sounds like she’s crying. “Mind boggling! I am speechless. You never see the elements and how hard they are. No one like them. This program is one of the greats. This spin is life spinning you out of control.” Something about Bobrova, I stopped listening

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Article in l'équipe: https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...on-plus-jamais-une-robe-ne-va-s-ouvrir/878634

translation:
The dress unhooked itself right at the start of the program even though most from the audience and the judges didn't even notice but P/C knew.
MFD acknowledged she could not have skated in those conditions but stop everything would have cost 5 points.
GP " I didn't have the feeling I had to choose like telling myself "am I gonna stop?" . Stepping back from all of it now, we can say we're proud of the way we handled it, we didn't skate as well as we could have, but for good reasons. We really fought against it all"
GP " I finally accepted what happened but right there and then it was like a nightmare where you're at school and everyone looks at you while you realize you're naked. The fact my dress opened and I finished somewhat naked is one thing, but as a sportswoman, what really pisses me off is it affected our ability to skate well. The rest doesn't matter."
GC "It's not the kind of moment one wants to be alone. What's special about this sport is that what happens to one happens to the other. Of course it was not my dress which opened but I lived it with her. It's not easy to go through such a moment where we're both weakened by all these emotions and where there is so much media attention. It makes us stronger to be together"

It was not the first time this happened and that's why she was sewed in before every competition. But this was the first time the sewing didn't hold. They have regrets of course.
GP" we should have sawn it better but sewing plus hooks plus snap buttons, you could think it would have been enough."
GC "we weren't careful enough, such is life" "we're not able to go back in time so we don't have many options but to be a bit fatalists. Either we keep wallowing for three weeks, or we enjoy this great silver medal and experience. We try to learn from this mistake. Never will a dress open again in competition."

Bouncing back in the Free:
GC" It was hard yet simple at the same time. It's auto-conditioning, we've learnt to have a certain control on our thoughts." Their mental coach played a great role.
"We never know if we'll be able to do it, we don't have 20 years of experience in senior competitions either. Hence the emotions at the end. We're so proud to have succeeded not to medal but to have overcome this difficult moment."

They just want to remember the Games, those are just Games. They could have ended up fourth too. They could have known a more cruel fate like their coaches MFD and Patch who after a bad fall on their favorite lift couldn't even compete for the free. To see how they managed to overcome that and set up a successful school enables P/C to see past this incident.

After the gala, they'll try to skate the best they can their short in Milan. Then it'll be time to think about the next quad. "We just thought we would let the Games wrap up, we didn't even plan our vacation" said GP. Which type of music to choose from ?
"Roxanne, that would be amazing" said ironically GC (my favorite answer, oh Guillaume, he always cracks me up this one :rofl:)

"Four years ago, we were coming to Canada, we hadn't consciously planned anything, we were young. Now we have more experience and a more mature vision. It's a new chapter"

Last edited:

nuge

What a great interview.So glad they are not dwelling and enjoying their silver medals!
I think super glue would've been the only thing to hold that dress shut :p

Hope they have a super Tango SD next year:)

Anyasnake

@Anyasnake You are truly a dedicated skating fan. I think I will sleep through this. :)
I usually don't stay up for Galas (or even for competitions that are during the night) but the Olympics are a 4-year thing... and I'm on holidays so I'm cheating :D I've been a figure skating uber this week. The withdrawal will be terrible but absolutely necessary :scream::scream:
(Plus Javi is doing Aerobics class and I want to see America react to that live on twitter :rofl:)

cocotaffy

I just don't see what it could be because the Olys are over, could they be named ambassador of some sorts. Maybe they'll be invited by Macron at the Elysée ???

Isabelle.G

So Alain06 on Golden skate says another surprise concerning P/C is coming and will be announced tomorrow...
Post 4114 : https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...iella-Papadakis-amp-Guillaume-Cizeron/page275

An idea of what it could be???? I'm so intrigued!!
Maybe a contract with some very exquisite sponsor? That's my guess. Can't wait to find out. :)
Seriously, I don't think I can express how much happy I am for them. The last week has been such a rollercoaster and who could've predicted such a happy ending just a few days ago... :lol:

EDIT: Just visited GoldenSkate page and read the posts... will the flag be born only by Gabi and Guillaume or also with Martin? The latter option seems impossible, yet so perfect. :D

Miloune

I just don't see what it could be because the Olys are over, could they be named ambassador of some sorts. Maybe they'll be invited by Macron at the Elysée ???

I don't know, usually the medalists from the games receive La légion d'honneur or L'ordre du mérite... But this is early to announce such a thing, plus it's not specific to PC... So who knows.

Anyasnake

I don't know, usually the medalists from the games receive La légion d'honneur or L'ordre du mérite... But this is early to announce such a thing, plus it's not specific to PC... So who knows.
Wait this might be a bit too big. I'd rather wait, it could be anything and everything. Maybe not as big as that :lol:

cocotaffy

V/M failed a doping test and P/C will get retroactive OGMs? :saint:
Now you're just spread salt on the wound :wuzrobbed because there's no way this could be possible, although after Moir's antics at the hockey game who knows :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information