Papadakis/Cizeron #11 - OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALLISTS FOREVAH!!!

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins

I wish I loved that more than I do. I feel like I should, more than I do.

Maybe it's the pants? I get it's stilly but they were distracting. I find them ill-fitting on both, weirdly baggy, and thanks to the colouring they look almost lumpy-- P&C are none of those things (ill-fitting, weirdly baggy or lumpy :lol:) And maybe it just needs more miles. But definitely appreciate it's ostensibly lovely.

deegee

Maybe it's the pants? I get it's stilly but they were distracting. I find them ill-fitting on both, weirdly baggy, and thanks to the colouring they look almost lumpy-- P&C are none of those things (ill-fitting, weirdly baggy or lumpy :lol:) And maybe it just needs more miles. But definitely appreciate it's ostensibly lovely.
i dislike the pants, too. it does seem like a work in progress. i long for new lifts or at least using other lifts from the past, not just the same 2 or 3 that seem to be in all their exhibitions these days.

DreamSkates

Maybe it’s a statement about being genderless. Same baggy pants that don’t reveal anything (vs tight styles for females today) and with the color of the tops, both look shirtless.

Former Lurve Goddess

Possibly a silly question: do P & C ever perform in North America? I'm still😭 over the cancellation of 2020 Worlds when I finally was supposed to see them skate in person.

Peepsquick

Possibly a silly question: do P & C ever perform in North America? I'm still😭 over the cancellation of 2020 Worlds when I finally was supposed to see them skate in person.
I know ... !
I'm not sure they have ever been invited to participate in a Canadian or American Show ... I believe that they are more or less "reserved" to their own skaters. I could be wrong ...

Former Lurve Goddess

I know ... !
I'm not sure they have ever been invited to participate in a Canadian or American Show ... I believe that they are more or less "reserved" to their own skaters. I could be wrong ...
Canadian Stars On Ince has international skaters but I'm guessing that P&C don't have the "right" agent to be able to be invited.☹️

skatfan

I very much doubt that Gabi and Guillaume are only interested in the financial side of it!
There might have been a conflict with the French Tours.
OMG, I am SO sorry that I thought finances play into what Gabby and Guillaume do for shows! The horror.

You could be right about the French tours, but I'm sorry, I had to laugh that somehow Gabby and Guillaume are above having a minimum for their participation just struck me funny. Japan pays very well, which is why they get the best skaters from around the world in their shows. The US is lucky to get one or two int'l skaters in Stars on Ice in the spring, and never the caliber of the French.

Former Lurve Goddess

OMG, I am SO sorry that I thought finances play into what Gabby and Guillaume do for shows! The horror.

You could be right about the French tours, but I'm sorry, I had to laugh that somehow Gabby and Guillaume are above having a minimum for their participation just struck me funny. Japan pays very well, which is why they get the best skaters from around the world in their shows. The US is lucky to get one or two int'l skaters in Stars on Ice in the spring, and never the caliber of the French.
Maybe someone needs to put on a show in an easy to travel to North American city featuring P&C and most of the ice dancers from Ice Academy of Montreal? I'd go!

ballettmaus

I remember that Anissina/Peizerat were at Champions on Ice after they won the Olympics (in the US) and I believe that was more or less it for their North American appearances.
Granted, that was during the days when skaters like Kwan were still around, so there was a lot of name recognition of US skaters even by non-skating or casual skating fans whereas European skaters might not have had the same name recognition and therefore, weren't drawing a crowd. However, it might still have something to do with that.

Former Lurve Goddess

I remember that Anissina/Peizerat were at Champions on Ice after they won the Olympics (in the US) and I believe that was more or less it for their North American appearances.
Granted, that was during the days when skaters like Kwan were still around, so there was a lot of name recognition of US skaters even by non-skating or casual skating fans whereas European skaters might not have had the same name recognition and therefore, weren't drawing a crowd. However, it might still have something to do with that.
A&P's "Susanna" exhibition was a huge crowd favourites at the 2001 Vancouver World's gala, so it's too bad they weren't hired for more North American shows, but there used to be some anti-dance bias when it comes North American ice shows - that's now changed to due to success of Canadian and American dancers.

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
There's very, very few tour/show options in North America that aren't SOI, other Scott Hamilton related shows, or more local shows that don't have money or prestige for international skaters that don't already train there.

I wish we had the kind of audience that would make skating tours financially feasible, period. Canada used to have a few tours that went to smaller cities and arenas, and I miss those. As much as I also wish we were the kind of populace to attend the epic tours in Japan and Art On Ice in Europe, I'd be happy with loosening SOI's grip on shows.

ballettmaus

Gabby has posted two fairly long videos of the choreography she created with Madison Hubbell on Instagram. I know she did so before but I don't recall the segments being this long. (First time linking to Instagram, so I hope this works).

deegee

according to her stories (https://www.instagram.com/stories/gabriellapapadakis/3347636421918966262/ )
gabriella will be a flame bearer for the 2024 paris olympics

edited to add that according to this article about the current french tour that cholla posted in gsd, the duo will make their announcement about their competitive careers at the end of the tour

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
according to her stories (https://www.instagram.com/stories/gabriellapapadakis/3347636421918966262/ )
gabriella will be a flame bearer for the 2024 paris olympics
The French article today says "Paris 2024 Olympic Games: skater Gabriella Papadakis will carry the Olympic flame to the Athens stadium
While the Olympic flame has just been lit, this Tuesday, in Olympia, the tricolor skater, of Greek origin, will be one of the seven French bearers on Greek territory."

Sylvia

TBD
Gabriella posted this clip several days ago:

She appears on the ice at 4:17 of PommeMusic's 9-minute video "Printemps"/Spring (uploaded on March 29): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy4VBKs-n3A
Un film de Nina Richard et Claire Pommet
Co-réalisé par Claire Pommet et Nina Richard
Produit par Sois Sage Musique et Virgin/Universal Music France
Avec Claire Pommet et Gabriella Papadakis
ETA: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5DvVjniPa5/
Translated excerpt from the caption:
... Spring is for me the real beginning of the year, the beginning again, when nature comes back to life. I wanted to represent it with a performance by the incredible @gabriellapapadakis in the role of a flower struggling to emerge from the icy earth during a long and harsh winter. appreciate the beauty :’)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information