Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimena

That was perfect. They were perfect. So fast, so clean. It was pristine. They were so prepared. I'm just beyond happy for them. So deserved. The best. Period.

Can't even speak in long sentences. But it doesn't matter. They won!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Miloune

I was literally shaking during the whole last group, lucky I was alone in my living room or else people would have been worried I was having a not stop seizure :scream:
Same here!! 🤭🥳🥳🥳🥳 So relieved.
I think a lot of people in the skating world were hoping for them to win, it would have been such a shame (and a travesty) if S/K had won, especially with those programs.
All is well that ends well!

Isabelle.G

I remember your SUCK ON IT back from the very start of their climb on this forum in 2014/2015 season. 8 years to follow them and never have they disappoint (just that effing dress but this is in the past now) They brought us fans so many wonderful emotions and legendary programs. Very proud to be their fan. Thank you Gaby and Guillaume for your grace and strength
PS: I am wrecked so please forgive the cheesiness of this message :D

No worries. On a day like this, all the cheesiness in the world is allowed. :D

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I know it is common wisdom to stop at the height of a career but what if they just throw any cautious to the wind now and start a brand new career doing all the weird avant-garde programs they always wanted to do no matter the results like skating on total silence as mentioned by Cizeron so years ago. Or finally an Oddudua only with the crazy piano piece for 4,5 minutes. One can only dream ....

BlueOrange

Thanks but they don't allow new registrations. I remembered being a member at one time but totally unable to remember my login details oh well ....
When sending the registration confirmation, they give the login details as well. Perhaps you can find the password this way if you kept the email.

bcash

Takeaway from the Chinese commentators: Perfect program and performance. Seameless to the point where one can not tell the elements and transitional moves apart, all of which is at one with the feelings of the music. Moving performance not just because of their perfect technique, but because they expressed the soul of the music. The bright lights in the stadium seem to fade away once they are on the ice...they create their own spotlight with their skating. "Beauty is in the bones and not just at the surface"(some weird literary quotation). Truly deserved Gold and made up for missing the top spot in Pyeongchang due to bad luck in the SD.

bcash

I don't know why NBC has not uploaded any of the Ice Dance performances. Usually they put medal performances up on their YT channel pretty soon after the actual competition concluded. The RD clips are nowhere to be found as well.

deegee

interesting to see the protocols... their new rotational lift only got a level 3 (along with both one foot st seq and their midline steps , but none of the top 5--- and maybe no one else, but i didn't look past the top 5-- got higher than a level 3 on those seqyences). of the top 5, they had the lowest bv for te. their goe made all the difference!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I remember your SUCK ON IT back from the very start of their climb on this forum in 2014/2015 season. 8 years to follow them and never have they disappoint (just that effing dress but this is in the past now) They brought us fans so many wonderful emotions and legendary programs. Very proud to be their fan. Thank you Gaby and Guillaume for your grace and strength
PS: I am wrecked so please forgive the cheesiness of this message :D
I remember people laughing at those of us who predicted they would win Worlds that season. I think that was where it started. :lol:

bcash

interesting to see the protocols... their new rotational lift only got a level 3 (along with both one foot st seq and their midline steps , but none of the top 5--- and maybe no one else, but i didn't look past the top 5-- got higher than a level 3 on those seqyences). of the top 5, they had the lowest bv for te. their goe made all the difference!

Yes..I can't remember what level their previous RoLi was getting in the three international competitions they did prior to the Olympics. But this "Mozart" one felt a little borderline in meeting requirements for level 4 as I was watching it. I liked the placement and musicality and the mood of the previous RoLi better anyway, even though that wasn't a particularly challenging one.

aml78

For me, my favorite P/C program has always been 2016 Worlds. It’s when I fell in love with them. It’s been such a journey since then. I just went back and watched that captivating performance. It’s still a heart stopping moment for me but I can’t believe how much they’ve continued to grow since then. True athletes. True artists. They’ve never compromised who they are. I hope they continue as I’m just not ready to let their beauty go.

Jimena

I think their FD has improved so much since the last time we saw it. It grew on me this season. And last night it was as close to perfect as it could've been. Magnificent.

I'm still in my happy place, just because they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information