Papadakis/Cizeron #10 - Waacking All The Way To Beijing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peepsquick

I just now had the chance to watch their FD at Internationaux de France and would like to take back what I said about connection!
It is definitively there and with the exception of the candle lift not quite flowing) and Guillaume's second twizzle's trouble... it was glorious. The slow mo shows the intricacy of their arm movements and the way their looks intersect ... truly beautiful!
On the subject of the outfits: I hope Gabi keeps the dress! I am not as enthusiastic about Guillaume's outfit ... I don't like the material ... feels "plasticky" to me.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
It’s definitely a complex piece of music… I think the ”too many emotions” is correct, but there are many emotional layers combined in the music… I’m so glad they picked it though.
Oh yes absolutely as I love Faure and this piece is so rich. Once they will fully feel confident with the elements namely the lift and can truly express themselves it will be even more glorious. With Oddudua, it is definitely their more complex and intricate program. Bravo to them for attempting this.

bcash

nbc olympic channel broadcast of their fd in grenoble, with tanith and charlie commentating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2pSAlPJGwQ
I just saw this too. I agree with Charlie White on that character step sequence. It doesn’t feel as rich or deep as the music. It doesn’t necessarily flow out of what came before. It feels a little “contemporary for contemporary’s sake” and creates a sense of angst that feels artificial.

muffinplus

I just saw this too. I agree with Charlie White on that character step sequence. It doesn’t feel as rich or deep as the music. It doesn’t necessarily flow out of what came before. It feels a little “contemporary for contemporary’s sake” and creates a sense of angst that feels artificial.

Isn’t that a problem with choreo step sequences as an element though? Like they feel very much like” “hey we are doing a choreographic step sequence”.

Peepsquick

Isn’t that a problem with choreo step sequences as an element though? Like they feel very much like” “hey we are doing a choreographic step sequence”.
I "blame" the music for this one ... the change comes abruptly and so their choreographic step sequences comes out of nowhere. I like what they did with it but there is a disconnect, maybe also due to the fact that we are not clear on what is going on, what the "story line" is behind the choreography ... it's a bit of a hodgepodge, emotionally speaking.

S

SmallFairy

Oh yes absolutely as I love Faure and this piece is so rich. Once they will fully feel confident with the elements namely the lift and can truly express themselves it will be even more glorious. With Oddudua, it is definitely their more complex and intricate program. Bravo to them for attempting this.
This!
I just love their FD so much. It’s a masterpiece. I watch it over and over. There are a few tiny issues, but overall I’m totally mesmerized. Fauré’s music is perfect for them, so rich, so complex, so desperate. I was amazed when reading it was written as early as 1880, it’s so modern. Rachmaninov was for sure listening to the Elegie before writing the slow movement of his cello sonata (1901).

Gabi and Guillaume are creating so many interesting poses, angles, moves, they bring this feeling of modernity approaching; avantgarde art, and later, cubism, music that made the audience booo and scream in disbelief, like Stravinsky. Their outfits reflects it as well. Gabi’s dress is stunning. Like going on 1920’ies, and Guillaume contemporary. Thank God to red top went..

And at the same time, the dance is so passionate, so full of hidden signs and feelings.

I read that “those who love the music of Fauré love it as a private, cherished gift from one of the gentlest and most subtle of composers”. That’s how I feel when the FD starts and builds slowly. It’s private. And then they let us in…

deegee

I "blame" the music for this one ... the change comes abruptly and so their choreographic step sequences comes out of nowhere. I like what they did with it but there is a disconnect, maybe also due to the fact that we are not clear on what is going on, what the "story line" is behind the choreography ... it's a bit of a hodgepodge, emotionally speaking.
oh, but i love this ch st seq! and i love the candle lift, too, especially the exit with the slowly moving split position into the one-footed dismount for both of them.

what i'm not yet sold on yet is the serpentine fw sequence. not enough nuance or movement from high to low/vice versa. their fw sequences have been utterly brilliant in the past. this one is forgettable, to me.

Peepsquick

I also love the CHSTSEQ, but I maybe agree with Charlie about the last rotational lift ... it fits but not a standout.
I keep hoping they will serve us a ta-da moment and change that "old" rotational lift for the one they were working on when they filmed "Papadakis-Cizeron, la beauté du geste" (1:34-36) or the beautiful one on their instagram some time ago. It was "simply" gorgeous! Maybe at GPF!

Peepsquick

oh, but i love this ch st seq! and i love the candle lift, too, especially the exit with the slowly moving split position into the one-footed dismount for both of them.

what i'm not yet sold on yet is the serpentine fw sequence. not enough nuance or movement from high to low/vice versa. their fw sequences have been utterly brilliant in the past. this one is forgettable, to me.
I do very much like the original movements and expression of their choreographic step sequence but it does seem like a moment that is "detached" from the rest, not the culmination of an emotion that builds up but more like an explosion if you see what I mean ?

Peepsquick

That looks to me like the lift from Find Me - is it the same or is my memory playing tricks?

I'm interested to see if they've made any changes to the FD too.
They changed the candle lift but not to something really new ... placeholders? asking the judges for feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information