Olympic judges draw held at Nebelhorn

barbarafan

And the Shibs in 6th and H/D in 7th. While placing W/P 3rd and G/P 4th.

in FD C/B did not do well at worlds.....I thought W/P should have 3rd...Shibs were lovely but did not stand out..I would have them in 4th..H/d in 5th(theymessed up but were just so strong) G/P B/S next but not sure what order...I found B/S slow as molasses so maybe G/P ??

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
How many people saying "[team X] should have placed [above Team Y/below Team Y/the same as Team Y/in the dumpster behind the arena]" were there in the arena, in person, sitting directly behind the judges? What you see on TV or on video is not necessarily the same as what the judges were seeing, and not necessarily a better view.

chapis

It has never been removed -- it is still in effect.

oh ok, so, those scores were useless. But now we can stop pretend that Sharon was/is the only one biased judge, regardless what some people think, she did not was even the worst, IMO.

chapis

How many people saying "[team X] should have placed [above Team Y/below Team Y/the same as Team Y/in the dumpster behind the arena]" were there in the arena, in person, sitting directly behind the judges? What you see on TV or on video is not necessarily the same as what the judges were seeing, and not necessarily a better view.

the judges were sitting next to each other, watching the same thing and still the scores vary a lot.

chapis

So? That is why there's more than one judge on a panel.

And what is your point?, that the scores are fair, unbiased and we should trust in them? or that the opinion of people is not valid if they were not seated right behind the judges?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
And what is your point?, that the scores are fair, unbiased and we should trust in them? or that the opinion of people is not valid if they were not seated right behind the judges?

The point is that a group of people making subjective judgements on the same thing are not going to come up with exactly the same score. That doesn't mean that funny stuff was or wasn't going on with the judging. It's just the reality of subjective judgements. If the judges did come up with identical or near-identical scores, then you would probably be complaining that they had all been paid off to make the same ranking.

And yeah, unless there's documented proof to the contrary (like toe-tapping under the judge's table or threatening phone calls the night before the event), I am willing to accept the opinions of trained people who were there watching the event in person over the opinions of a bunch of people on the Internet who watched a video.

chapis

And yeah, unless there's documented proof to the contrary (like toe-tapping under the judge's table or threatening phone calls the night before the event), I am willing to accept the opinions of trained people who were there watching the event in person over the opinions of a bunch of people on the Internet who watched a video.

Just for curiosity, of your 22,818 posts, not even ONE was to disagree with the scores? or to mention suspect of biased judging? . Anyway, I kind of accept the scores, it is not like I am doing formal petitions to change it, and I don´t stop of watching FS.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Just for curiosity, of your 22,818 posts, not even ONE was to disagree with the scores? or to mention suspect of biased judging?

I have posted plenty about the situations where there was clear evidence of undue influence on the scores. And by "clear evidence" I mean something other than "I don't agree with the scores" or "that's not what *I* saw".

Anyway, I kind of accept the scores, it is not like I am doing formal petitions to change it, and I don´t stop of watching FS.

Your posts in here certainly don't sound like you kind of accept the scores.

chapis

I have posted plenty about the situations where there was clear evidence of undue influence on the scores. And by "clear evidence" I mean something other than "I don't agree with the scores" or "that's not what *I* saw".

I will assume that you are talking about the situation with the French judge in 2002, because as far as I know, there has been no firm evidence of another case. If it is from another situation, it is clearly speculation as well.

Because you take like evidence only: documented proof (like toe-tapping under the judge's table or threatening phone calls the night before the event)

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I will assume that you are talking about the situation with the French judge in 2002, because as far as I know, there has been no firm evidence of another case. If it is from another situation, it is clearly speculation as well.

Because you take like evidence only: documented proof (like toe-tapping under the judge's table or threatening phone calls the night before the event)

1997. Video of one judge signaling another judge with his foot under the judges' table before the marks were submitted.
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/sp...e4160915/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&

1998. Audiotape of one judge phoning another the night before the event to discuss the outcomes.
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/feb/15/sports/sp-olyicedance15

chapis

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
well, you have not had to worry about that in a long time, good for you.

Well, good for you that one of the judges from 1997 (Babenko) was disciplined again by the ISU in 2017 for improper behaviour.
http://www.isu.org/disciplinary-legal/559-case-2017-02-mr-babenko/file

And he is still judging; he was a judge at the recent JGP event in Croatia.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgpcro2017/SEG006OF.HTM

So when the ISU can't take this stuff seriously enough to ban judges for life, then, yes, I will keep worrying about it.

barbarafan

The point is that a group of people making subjective judgements on the same thing are not going to come up with exactly the same score. That doesn't mean that funny stuff was or wasn't going on with the judging. It's just the reality of subjective judgements. If the judges did come up with identical or near-identical scores, then you would probably be complaining that they had all been paid off to make the same ranking.

So, in your opinion, was the 8.75 for V/M in skating skills in the FD an informed fair decision?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
So, in your opinion, was the 8.75 for V/M in skating skills in the FD an informed fair decision?

I wasn't there in person and I didn't watch all the programs online. So I don't have enough information to say whether that mark was justified.

chantilly

You know what, we should judge the 2017 Worlds SD and FD and have our usernames attached to our scores and rankings, and then we can have so much fun looking at what "we" come up with.
I think it sounds like it will be a an all out bitchfest war!
Fun but like I said...I ain't doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information