OES News 2021/2022 Season

Seerek

Panja

She herself says it's because her Granddad suggested it, and told her to just go and ask for it. She did just that (and quite publicly too) and got rewarded for it. It's in this article (in Dutch): https://www.schaatsen.nl/nieuws/202...nuis-vlaggendragers-bij-opening-winterspelen/ .

I would say she's the logical choice because she's the first Dutch Figure Skater at an Olympic Games in 46 years (last time was at the 1976 Olympics), not just because other women in disciplines which have had OG participation for a long time allready are competing the next day.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
…she's the first Dutch Figure Skater at an Olympic Games in 46 years (last time was at the 1976 Olympics), …
And the Dutch figure skater in 1976 was not just ANY skater but the then-reigning World Champion and eventual Olympic silver medalist! Diane DeLeeuw. Amazing that it’s taken this long to have another Dutch figure skater at the Olympics. Yeah, I know, speed skaters reign supreme there.

Seerek

With Majorov unable to compete at Euros, how's his standing with the SOC now as to his participation in Beijing?

Frau Muller

Please remind me -
How high must Josefin Taljegard finish at 2022 Euros to be sent to the Olympics? Top 10 or ???

Frau Muller

She needs a score equal to Worlds 2021 Top 8, I believe.
Thanks. So that was Olga Mikutina’s (Austria) 198.77 total —. 67.18 SP + 131.59 LP. Wow, not that easy.

The first alternate, from Italy, must be ready to step in…not just for the Team Event.

Last edited:

Seerek

Would this be the thread to discuss the Kiibus/Petrokina selection for Olympics/Worlds?
Any updates?

Sylvia

TBD
Kiibus has the Olympic spot for Estonia according to the criteria.
For those who can't access the Olympics Entries thread in the Kiss & Cry section:
... the Estonian criteria stated that whomever earned the spot at Worlds would be sent as long as they made the Estonian Euros team. So, since Estonia had 2 spots for Euros and Eva-Lotta earned one of those spots, she is going to Beijing.
Can someone provide a link to the published criteria?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
For those who can't access the Olympics Entries thread in the Kiss & Cry section:

Can someone provide a link to the published criteria?
It's linked in this post: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/oes-news-2021-2022-season.108400/post-6079408

Worlds spot definitely goes to Petrokina, while Kiibus gets the Olympics spot. Selevko gets the Men's Olympics spot by the same criteria - he finished Top 2 in the Euros race. Levandi and Petrokina will be the 1st alternates for the Olympics.

Vagabond

Would this be the thread to discuss the Kiibus/Petrokina selection for Olympics/Worlds?
Any updates?
Beacause the curiosity killed @alchemy void and me.
Here are the 🇪🇪 selection criteria:

Worls:
  • TES minimums
  • Top10 Euros finish
  • sum of 3 events (2 CS/GP scores and one ISU-calender-event after Jan 1st.)
Someone else can do the arithmetic, but Petrõkina almost certainly has Estonia's one Women's spot at Worlds. She was the one finished in the Top Ten at Euros and has had higher scores than throughout the season.

I never realized that Estonia used the tilde until I looked up Petrõkina on Wikipedia. :lol:

Karen-W

Someone else can do the arithmetic, but Petrõkina almost certainly has Estonia's one Women's spot at Worlds. She was the one finished in the Top Ten at Euros and has had higher scores than throughout the season.

I never realized that Estonia used the tilde until I looked up Petrõkina on Wikipedia. :lol:
Estonia only has 1 spot for Women at Worlds, and it's most definitely Petrokina's.

Sylvia

TBD
Dasa Grm's post and photos from Belgrade today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CZFSeBRIXMC/

It was a long time ago since my last visit and that one was just so unexpected that it was even more special.

After my weak performance at the Europeans, I struggled to get back to my normal training rhytm and at the very last time we decided to go to Skate Helena... And it was worth it.

We find a positive in every bad situation and that one was one of them.

Thanks to all for the support and nice messages.. ❤❤❤ My skating FAMILY REALLY BECAME BIG in my long career.

Montpellier, here I come 💪🔥🔥🔥

Sylvia

TBD
Russian interview with Elizaveta Zhuk -- now spelled Jelizaveta Zukova in her CZE partnereship with with Martin Bidar -- after an official practice at the Olympics (Jan. 30):

ICYMI, @TAHbKA recently translated an interview with Poland's Ekaterina Kurakova here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/interview-with-kurakova.109342/

hanca

Values her privacy
Does anyone know what happened to Metelkina/Parkman? They were initially chosen to both Europeans and Olympics. Then they withdrew from the Europeans and I thought that was a strategic move tostay healthy, to be able to go to the Olympics. After they withdrew, their federation sent Safina/Berulava to the Europeans, and now suddenly Safina/Berulava are also going to the Olympics. Is Metelkina or Prkman injured? Or did they split up? They seemed to be doing well, so I can’t imagine that the federation would send S/B instead if there was no other reason.

Karen-W

Does anyone know what happened to Metelkina/Parkman? They were initially chosen to both Europeans and Olympics. Then they withdrew from the Europeans and I thought that was a strategic move tostay healthy, to be able to go to the Olympics. After they withdrew, their federation sent Safina/Berulava to the Europeans, and now suddenly Safina/Berulava are also going to the Olympics. Is Metelkina or Prkman injured? Or did they split up? They seemed to be doing well, so I can’t imagine that the federation would send S/B instead if there was no other reason.
I haven't seen anything on their IGs in a few weeks. Not sure what's going on but in these 'demic days, I'm not automatically assuming they've broken up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information