OES News 2021/2022 Season

J

Jeschke

🇨🇭 Selection Criteria
(I like that they are naming exact goals for the championships 💪 )

2 spots for Euros women, 1 spot for for all other disciplines and and all disciplines at worlds
Olympics: 1 spot in women and men

Euros:
  • Ranking nationals
  • Best tech score (SP/RD+FS/FD) of an international event until Nov. 28th
(Committee is deciding regarding those 2 facts)

Worlds:
- 2 Best tech scores (SP/RD+FS/FD) of an international event untilm Feb. 28th

Olympics:
1) Women minimums: 160pts; Men minimums: 200pts (scores counting from 2020/2021 season on)

If more than one skater manages

2) Committe decides based on
  • diploma potential (whatever that is)
  • final potential
  • Nationals
  • individual form curve
  • health
  • potential for Milano 2026

---

Bildschirmfoto-2021-10-17-um-17-55-01.png

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
IIRC the Olympic diploma is given by International Olympic Committee to top 8.
Yes. In Japanese they call it 入賞

J

Jeschke

Update on 🇪🇪 race:
Bildschirmfoto-2021-10-31-um-09-36-24.png

Based on criteria, it really looks :yikes: for A. Selevko. Needs to catch up over 20pts to close the gap at final GP.
And his olympic dreams are build on the hopes of his brother finishing worse than him in the #eurosrace. :gallopin1 scenario.

hanca

Values her privacy
As we have no 🇬🇪 selection criteria, here are the scores of this season:
This will be :drama:
Bildschirmfoto-2021-11-07-um-14-01-35.png

If someone knows criteria, pleae let us know!
Dying to know.
The situation with Georgian pairs, it sucks. I like both pairs, both pairs are pretty decent and it’s a pity that one of them will have to stay at home. Let’s hope that whoever goes to worlds gets two spots, and next year we will see both pairs at worlds.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The situation with Georgian pairs, it sucks. I like both pairs, both pairs are pretty decent and it’s a pity that one of them will have to stay at home. Let’s hope that whoever goes to worlds gets two spots, and next year we will see both pairs at worlds.
It seems like Safina/Berulava are scoring just a bit lower than Metelkina/Parkman on the senior level right now. Who knows where the two pairs will be by January but, right now, I'd probably send Safina/Berulava to Euros/Jr Worlds and Metelkina/Parkman to the Olympics/Worlds and give them both an equal shot to earn 2 spots for both Euros and Worlds next season, but also help any new junior pairs with JGP spots as well.

SamuraiK

Wow @Jeshcke , didnt know you had also become the OES guru.

Really awful scenario for Selevko. His lil bro basically has to fake failure for him to make it.

text_skate

Salzburg 24 on Kiefer and Mitkutina:
source: APA (= Austrian news agency)
Figure skaters Severin Kiefer and Olga Mikutina are plagued by long-lasting injuries at the start of the Olympic season. In the case of the Salzburg skater, it is an inflammation of the muscle attachments in the hip area that first appeared in February. The Vorarlberg athlete has been affected by a painful inflammation of the right knee joint since July. Training and preparation for the Winter Games in Beijing are affected.
According to a statement by the federation, Kiefer had managed the injury well in the meantime and was able to train almost without restrictions. In September, severe pain reappeared and a break of several days was unavoidable. The usual intensity of the sessions was not achievable, so the duo and Mikutina withdrew their participation in the Grand Prix event NHK Trophy next week in Tokyo. There is another invitation for the Rostelecom Cup in Sochi at the end of November. That is the new target.
Partly because of injury, Ziegler/Kiefer have recently moved their training base from Berlin to Salzburg for the time being. "Here I have access to special physiotherapeutic care that can be used to bring this injury under control in the long term," said Kiefer.
In Mikutina's case, the injury is causing some instability, so the all-important jump training has been limited.

J

Jeschke

Update on the 🇪🇪 #eurosrace

Bildschirmfoto-2021-11-13-um-21-44-53.png

Awesome score for Petrokina. A shame criteria seems so strict fo olympics, she can fight for worlds spot though.
Gerli is already out for Euros, when Petrokina stays somehow on her feet in next challenger, sorry @alchemy void .

The men scenario is pure :drama:
A. Selevko needs 240pts to overcome Levandi or 220pts and hope for shit skate by lil'bro to remain top2 in the race.
Lil'bro (scratched of Warsaw challenger) will come back for Croatia?
Either way - criteria said nothing when the olympic-spot-gainer won't make top2 - who gets the ****in' spot then? :watch:

J

Jeschke

Rough swiss debut for Egor Murashov in Winterthur.
60.58pts SP.

Interesting women results.
Kaiser is really pushing Paganini hard in TES.
Alexia seems safe for olympics (where committee decides) - the worlds spot though... :watch:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Solid redemption in the FS for Murashov: 140pts
Britschgi better earns 2 spots for next year at euros.
Kaiser with TES win over Paganini (all what matters for the worlds spot) :watch:

wickedwitch

Beacause the curiosity killed @alchemy void and me.
Here are the 🇪🇪 selection criteria:

2 spots in Euros women, for all other disciplines and worlds: 1 spot.
Olympics: 1 spot in women and men.
No word about 4CC :D

Euros:
  • TES minimums
  • sum of 2 events (CS or GP)

Worls:
  • TES minimums
  • Top10 Euros finish
  • sum of 3 events (2 CS/GP scores and one ISU-calender-event after Jan 1st.)

Olympics: :eek::eek::eek:
  • athlet who earned the spot, if he/she finishes at least Top2 in the euros race
  • 2nd woman/man in euros race will be listed as sub

Love the addition regarding nationals:

---

🇪🇪 Euros Race:
So based on this, while Kiibus has the Olys spot all but locked up, Petrokina is actually in the lead for the Worlds spot. She doesn't have a large margin, so it could come down to Euros, but I'm hoping she gets the spot. (No disrespect to Kiibus, who I also like.)

J

Jeschke

So based on this, while Kiibus has the Olys spot all but locked up, Petrokina is actually in the lead for the Worlds spot. She doesn't have a large margin, so it could come down to Euros, but I'm hoping she gets the spot. (No disrespect to Kiibus, who I also like.)
Kiibus still assigned for Rostelecom! So she can change the rankings here next week with a score around 170pts already.
🇪🇪 race update coming after that!

Elka

🇸🇪 Updates:
182.24pts for Taljegard in Tallinn.
That has to be enough for Beijing for gods sake 🙏
Unfortunately in our dreams I think. This score is just a couple of points more than she scored in the WC in Stockholm (178,10) and it would have put her on 14th place (she was 15th). SOC criteria is you must be plausible for at least 8th (was 198,77 in the WC, which is what they consider, quite unfairly because the scores are usually lower in the beginning of the season).

Wasn't it the end of October when they should tell if they give away unused spots? There are at the moment no figure skaters on the SOC website listed as competitors in the Olympics.

Karen-W

Unfortunately in our dreams I think. This score is just a couple of points more than she scored in the WC in Stockholm (178,10) and it would have put her on 14th place (she was 15th). SOC criteria is you must be plausible for at least 8th (was 198,77 in the WC, which is what they consider, quite unfairly because the scores are usually lower in the beginning of the season).

Wasn't it the end of October when they should tell if they give away unused spots? There are at the moment no figure skaters on the SOC website listed as competitors in the Olympics.
Yes, Oct 30th was the deadline for NOCs to confirm use of allocated quota places but my assumption is that most NOCs will "confirm" since the ISU has a window from 10/31 to 12/21 where they are notifying the next in line NOCs of reallocations and the NOCs have 24 hours to confirm whether or not they'll be using the spot. The Team Event qualification is finalized on 12/13 and NOCs have 24 hours to confirm participation in the TE. Then, there is a window from 12/13 to 12/21 for reallocation of TE spots.

My guess is that Josefin and Nikolaj will have until Golden Spin to get their scores up enough to secure a place but, theoretically, she could have until Europeans because the deadline for named entries is 1/24/2022. The ISU could already have confirmation from the next countries in line that they WILL use the spots if they come open.

Andrea82

Last time Philippines received the Swedish spot on 24th January [named entries deadline was 28th January 2018]. Majorov confirmed on social media on 22th January that Swedish Olympic Committee decided not to select him.

Karen-W

Confirmation of spots, alternates list, judges draw (including the contorted draw of Team Event judges)

Deadlines

• October 8, 2021: Entry by Name for Judges Form (see attached) must be sent by all ISU Members which have been drawn with a Judge.
  • October 30, 2021: NOC/ISU Members having earned entries at the Olympic Qualifying Competition Nebelhorn Trophy 2021, must confirm by October 30, 2021 if they intend to use their full quota of entries. In the case that not all NOCs/ISU Members use their full quota of entries, the available places will be reallocated to the stand-by NOCs/ISU Members. The respective stand-by NOCs/ISU Members will be informed by the ISU immediately after October 30, 2021.
  • December 12, 2021: announcement of Teams qualified for the Team Event.
     Within 24h of announcement of the Teams qualified, NOC/ISU Members to confirm use of
    allocated quota place to ISU
  • January 11, 2022: Entry by Name in ORS (ISU Online Registration System) must be made by all
    NOCs/ISU Members which have been allocated an entry to the OWG, including with remaining stand-by entries, no later than January 11, 2022. In the case that not all NOCs/ISU Members use their full quota of entries and the available entries are reallocated to NOCs/ISU Members with remaining stand-by entries, the NOCs/ISU Members receiving these reallocated entries will be informed by the ISU Secretariat by latest January 20, 2022. These entries do not replace the entries as indicated below.
  • January 24, 2022: Beijing 2022 Entry by Name must be submitted by all NOCs/ISU Members which have been allocated an entry to the OWG. These entries must be sent by NOCs and received by BOCOG no later than January 24, 2022 according to their instructions and a copy also sent to the ISU Secretariat. After this date, in principle no entries can be transferred from one NOC/ISU Member to another NOC/ISU Member.
This is from the OWG Qualifying thread - so, essentially, NOCs have until the day after 4CCs ends to confirm their entries.

Seems like Sweden is the only question mark in any of the disciplines at this point, so Turkey and Italy might still get spots, in Men & Women. Georgia might have to relinquish their dance spot if KazRev aren't healthy because they don't have another senior team, in that case Hungary would get the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information