"No one knows Mirai's mirai" Nagasu cheer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamSkates

@livetoskate,

I was thrilled when Mirai said she was going for the triple axel this Olympic season - I knew she could do it! And she has! Not quite there yet but she's gotten credit for it most of the time and now she's even OVER rotating the thing
If she overrotates 3 1/2 revolutions, isn't that close to being able to do a quad?

Bellanca

Yep, looks like Mirai hit her stated goal of $11,000 (and a little over) YAY!! :cheer2::cheer::respec:
https://www.youcaring.com/mirainagasu-1066185

$11,103
of $11,000 goal
Very nice! Glad that Mirai will have her loved ones by her side during this incredible journey she has been blessed to experience, once again. Having that support is so important. Hope the $ keeps on rolling in from all the good Samaritans out there. :respec: To see that happy smile and twinkle in the eye from Mirai will certainly be worth it!

GullyGirl84

I think that Mirai's latest Twitter post ("I’m super excited that ProcterGamble believes in me and makes sure that I’m at least bare minimum clean") means that maybe they are acting as an individual sponsor for Mirai now. :p

Yay for Mirai making her fundraising goal, and hopefully Bradie and Karen (and all of the other Team USA members who have sites up for raising money) make their goals too. Even though Mirai isn't really an individual medal threat, I think Mirai is marketable for her triple axel/comeback story line, so hopefully her agent is working that angle...though it seems like a lot of that stuff is arranged well in advance of nationals/there is not a lot of time between now and the Olympics, so I'm sure Mirai's main focus is training her butt off right now.

Last edited:

tylersf

I wish she could connect that 3Axel with another jump. It could help in her quest to maybe finish on the podium.

Even though Mirai isn't really an individual medal threat, I think Mirai is marketable for her triple axel/comeback story line, so hopefully her agent is working that angle...though it seems like a lot of that stuff is arranged well in advance of nationals/there is not a lot of time between now and the Olympics, so I'm sure Mirai's main focus is training her butt off right now.

Bellanca

I wish she could connect that 3Axel with another jump. It could help in her quest to maybe finish on the podium.
Yes, it would, but, more importantly, I think a solid, CLEAN skate with fully-rotated jumps would be quite helpful. Of course, Mirai knows precisely the plan of attack she will need to have to be successful, as this field of extremely talented ladies will be a tough call @ the Olys. The competition itself will be something to appreciate, I believe.

baramin

Yeah—clean & confident skating are more important than a 3a combo right now. Literally the only benefit to the combo would be if she could do 2 in the free, which given the amount of set up time she needs might harm the overall program & her ability to hit everything else. While a 3a-3t is worth more than a 3f-3t individually, as long as she’s doing all of those jumps, the overall base value is the same as there’s no bonus for difficult combos. As it is, she gets to put 2 combos in the 2nd half to take advantage of the bonus time.

I’m feeling pretty upbeat about her chances for a strong competition. She’s dealt with Oly style pressure before, she’s shown in the past 2 seasons that she’s ready to peak in February, and the Olys are somewhat pressure free for her, outside of the team event. She’s not expected to medal, and no spots for next year are on the line. I think we’ll get a couple good programs & at least 1 clean 3a.

bardtoob

Get it gurl. But i actually hope she is only practicing the elements she plans on executing for Olys and Worlds and nailing those elements down. If she doesn't plan on going for Rippons Id rather she just doesn't focus on it atm.

I don't know Mirai, so I have wondered if she needs to do some novel things to keep her interested and less stressed or if she can do a very limited number of items with a lot of concentration to improve without becoming overly fixated.

Last edited:

Spun Silver

Maybe she's using a modified Eteri technique of practicing her lutz the hardest way so that in competition it will be easy to do the normal way. IDK if that makes sense. Or maybe she is just going for broke (in the individual event) since she has nothing to lose. Either way - go, Mirai!!!

Spun Silver

Get it gurl. But i actually hope she is only practicing the elements she plans on executing for Olys and Worlds and nailing those elements down. If she doesn't plan on going for Rippons Id rather she just doesn't focus on it atm.
And I just want to bubble wrap her!!

But for the record, that was a nice Rippon/Manley :). Pretty arms unlike a certain competitor I could name.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Well, at least trying to find the secret to getting +2-3 GOEs.

. . . but you know what . . . she is skating so well right now that she should be trying these difficult entries.

:shuffle: Prior to today I thought the only American Lady capable of a Manley 3Lz was Gracie Gold.

Hey! So it should've been called a Manley Lutz not a Rippon Lutz! Well, the men can call it a Rippon. In the women's event it's now a 'Manley' Lutz for ME!! Liz was a great jumper when she was on!!

Mirai's version looks gorgeous in the video! I downloaded it for posterity! I just want Mirai to skate with joy and go all out at the Olympics! Nothing to lose Mirai! Go for it!! :respec::rockstar:

eta: And stay healthy girl! I want her (and really Nathan and the entire U.S. team) bubble wrapped until the Games begin!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

That was a cool little demo!!!

I SO AGREE about Karens being in 4th overall.... I dont understand her inflated scores.. obviously no international judges gave her that this year so why does usfsa do this? Just because they gave her very unachievable score it doesn't mean they will force the judges from Japan, Russia, Ukraine and China, etc to do the same thing.

I also have Ashley in solid third.

I LOVE ME MY MIRAI, but if I think about it I do have Tennell winning but by a slightly less margin than she did (her PCS are too high).

Thanks for your work.

giselle23

Very fair scoring and detailed analysis. The judges definitely went a little crazy with Bradie's GOE and PCS. It's was kind of head-scratching to me how she got the same TES score as Mirai on the short program, and a higher one in the long, when Mirai had a triple axel (albeit, a flawed one). The answer, of course, is GOE. Totally agree that Bradie's P/E, I and C, were OK but not outstanding. Mid-7's to mid-8's seem more reasonable to me.

butyrskafanatic

Banned Member
Very fair scoring and detailed analysis. The judges definitely went a little crazy with Bradie's GOE and PCS. It's was kind of head-scratching to me how she got the same TES score as Mirai on the short program, and a higher one in the long, when Mirai had a triple axel (albeit, a flawed one). The answer, of course, is GOE. Totally agree that Bradie's P/E, I and C, were OK but not outstanding. Mid-7's to mid-8's seem more reasonable to me.

Bradie had inflated PCS but Mirai did too to some extent. Compare her PCS to international events. Huge difference. I would have Mirai over Bradie in PCS, but Bradie being ahead in TES is understandable. Yes Mirai tried (didnt cleanly do) the triple axel in both programs but some of her jumps werent clean in both programs while every jump Bradie did was squeeky clean. She might have had some inflated GOE but it is expected the one who did all their jumps clean will wind up with the higher TES, even if the other tried the triple axel.

GullyGirl84

Mirai got a nationals PCs boost, but a lower one relative to Starr Andrews, Bradie Tennell, and Karen Chen. She got less of a boost than Polina or Karen got relative to their international PCs in the past when they medaled at nationals. That said, as a Mirai fan, I recognize some of the weaknesses as far as her components, and think maybe the judges were trying to send a message by marking her 4th in components of the top 4, and I don't have an issue with her overall placement. She did get somewhat of a PCs boost in the long, but not much of one in the short, and she at least got somewhat of a bump whereas Ashley didn't get anything. That said, I have also seen arguments about some of her rotation calls (triple triples in the sp and lp). Without re-watching them, I will say that if Mirai was given benefit of a doubt, she helped herself by presenting cleaner triples with less rotation issues (at least in the LPs) in international competitions than she has in past seasons. Mirai also went for harder jump content in her nationals lp than she had in the grand prix season.

On another note, there were a lot of good Mirai tidbits in the latest Ice Talk episode interview. Mirai said that in order to practice her jumps and keep her feet close together, she will sometimes steal the squeaky ball from her dogs' toys and put them in her pants/boots, so that she can hear the squeak when her feet are together-or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sorry about that. I realized I either can't link to Instagram stories on my iPad or don't know how. See the gif in coco's post right above yours.

No problem. I am without my ipad today and I can't access links from my work computer so I may have to wait until tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information