No NBC announcers at the Olympics..

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Our CBC reporter Devin Heroux can’t go now as tested positive with PCR but he hasn’t had covid since Xmas! Anyone who has had covid had to have 3 tests within 30 days so basically anyone who has had covid since Xmas might not pass the testing requirements. So that will impact our short track team and pairs and it will impact your pairs and some single skaters too! Hope those subs are warming up!

beckab81

In 2018 Adam had Derrick Delmore as his credentialed coach since Raf was already credentialed for Nathan - I'd guess Mariah is doing the same with Adam. They will both be there to support her. I wouldn't take too much from the K&C interactions between Raf & Mariah, I don't think it reflects their day to day.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
In 2018 Adam had Derrick Delmore as his credentialed coach since Raf was already credentialed for Nathan - I'd guess Mariah is doing the same with Adam. They will both be there to support her. I wouldn't take too much from the K&C interactions between Raf & Mariah, I don't think it reflects their day to day.
I’m so glad Adam will be in the K&C

honey

I think at past games the rule has been that coaches needed to leave after their accredited athlete was done competing. I remember Meagan Duhamel talking about how Bruno had to leave the day after the pairs finished in 2018. My understanding is that this was an Olympics rule rather than a team Canada specific rule.

So, this doubling up works fine for athletes in the same discipline, but theoretically Raf would need to leave after the men are done if this applies here.

I would assume with covid things will be pretty tight with needing to leave when you or your athlete are done competing?

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
no awkward Andrea Joyce post-KnC interviews, or ones where she's chasing the skater into the arena a la Alysa Liu at Nationals.

Oh good times!! Nostalgia times from the 90s!!!! was it Leslie Visser or someone who was trying to get an interview with Oksana Baiul and she just bailed, Turned the other direction and walked towards the locker room.

There’s just no drama like that anymore.

Where is Surya Bonaly when you need her

Stefanie

Oh good times!! Nostalgia times from the 90s!!!! was it Leslie Visser or someone who was trying to get an interview with Oksana Baiul and she just bailed, Turned the other direction and walked towards the locker room.

There’s just no drama like that anymore.
It was Beth Ruyak during the World Pros in ‘97 when Oksana just blew her off. 😆 Well, that is one instance I clearly remember. And I remember Al Trautwig saying, “That wasn’t very classy.” 😁 But you’re right, everyone is so conditioned in their responses these days. I am glad we won’t have Andrea Joyce saying, “What were your emotions out there tonight?” She just loves the word emotion!

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
It was Beth Ruyak during the World Pros in ‘97 when Oksana just blew her off. 😆 Well, that is one instance I clearly remember. And I remember Al Trautwig saying, “That wasn’t very classy.” 😁 But you’re right, everyone is so conditioned in their responses these days. I am glad we won’t have Andrea Joyce saying, “What were your emotions out there tonight?” She just loves the word emotion!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Will there be ZERO NBC announcers in Beijing? Not even Tiricco, the main anchor?

shine

This is what I was thinking too. If they were in Beijing and said something that the Chinese hosts didn't like, or if anything NBC said anywhere was interpreted as being critical of China, it could be very difficult for them to get out of the country safely.
You know that western mainstream media like BBC, DW and CNN have all been reporting from being on the ground in China, have even been allowed to go into sensitive regions many times over to do their “investigative” work, and have been ramping up their openly critical and condemning “reporting” on China’s “human rights issues” for years now right? Have you heard of any of them not being able to go home?

Besides, if they are so afraid, they should know better than bringing politics to the Olympics and feeling the need to parrot State Department agendas there. What happened to media being independent in the free world?

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
You know that western mainstream media like BBC, DW and CNN have all been reporting from being on the ground in China, have even been allowed to go into sensitive regions many times over to do their “investigative” work, and have been ramping up their openly critical and condemning “reporting” on China’s “human rights issues” for years now right? Have you heard of any of them not being able to go home?

Besides, if they are so afraid, they should know better than bringing politics to the Olympics and feeling the need to parrot State Department agendas there. What happened to media being independent in the free world?
That's pathetic.

DreamSkates

Harsh! I think fashion is just a creative way to express who you are. Johnny's not a suit & tie guy. Let's keep the fashion commentary to on-ice only.
When he accepted the US Figure Skating Hall of Fame honor, he did have on what looked like a suit and his hair was not overdone. Bet Tara had some suggestions for him on that occasion.

As someone here said, clothing choices can be an expression of art. His "art" is not my taste but it does make you look twice.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
How many more times can we get this thread circling back to the idea that US viewers won't have to listen to Tara or Johnny on NBC, because they didn't read the article? :lol:

The most simple likely fix, that has been pointed out I don't know how many times at this point, is to either get a free trial of Peacock or give in to pay the $5 for one month and most likely enjoy commentary-free feeds during the Games.

skatingguy

decently
How many more times can we get this thread circling back to the idea that US viewers won't have to listen to Tara or Johnny on NBC, because they didn't read the article? :lol:

The most simple likely fix, that has been pointed out I don't know how many times at this point, is to either get a free trial of Peacock or give in to pay the $5 for one month and most likely enjoy commentary-free feeds during the Games.
Lisa, do you really think that people read things? ;)

Maybe the thread title should read 'NBC Olympic announcers will be working from home.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information