News and updates à la Française, part trois

Sylvia

TBD
Apparently it stirred some controversy as she tweeted about that today:
As evidenced in some of the Trash Can threads. ;) For example, "The Dance Hall 6": https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ockers-2018-2019.103823/page-137#post-5578077

Copying out Papadakis' 3 tweets:
I am very sorry to anyone who misunderstood/mistranslated anything I said in the last interview for Radio-Canada. We only have huge respect for anyone involved in everything that happened last season. Coaches and opponents. As we said, it's no one's fault, and it was hard for everybody.
We have been given the opportunity to talk freely about our part of the story, what it's really like to be a competitive athlete, behind the glam and all the "perfect". We all have doubts, we all have insecurities and being at that level means we need to face them way more intensely. We are all human. And if you do not speak french fluently, please do not base your opinion on translations. Some things just don't translate. <3

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Kévin Aymoz article by Hiro Yoshida: https://europeonice.com/2019/05/12/kevin-aymoz-my-dream-is-not-to-be-the-champion/
“I don’t know if this gives me more confidence, but the results say I was the fourth best European guy and the 11th best guy in the world,” he said. “When I was really young and looked at the TV, I said I want to skate at this competition. It’s really cool to be there.”
While he looks ahead to next season, Aymoz still maintains that personal progression and expression is more important than any result or title.

J

Jeschke

Do we have any news if Ponsart is healthy again and will compete next season?

kirkbiggestfan

Do we have any news if Ponsart is healthy again and will compete next season?
He is competing next season and looking for music. I am happy that he found funding for his training since moving to California. We all know that Didier is mainly funding Kevin Aymoz and Adam Sio Him Fa. France may have 2 or 3 olympic spots if the stars align. You never know.

Sylvia

TBD
Pierre Souquet announced on his IG (in both French & English) on May 3rd that he and Julia Wagret have decided to make a change: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw_YQnOnWbM/
After 8 years in Lyon, the moment and the desire to live new experiences has arrived. This decision was very difficult to make as the affection for our coaches are great, many and different. It is not only sport but most of all life, and we shared a lot together. We keep those moments preciously.

A page is turning, but we are very excited to start this new chapter of our lives, determined and motivated.

See you soon
Souquet and Julia Wagret recently worked with Massimo Scali on their programs: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnO_-hinJX/
we decided to skate on "singing in the rain" for the RD, and we hope you will apreciate it like we do ☔️ And after many adventures we finally decided to skate on Benjamin Clementine's musics. It's a challenge for us but we already like it and are ready to rock it !!

Orm Irian

She is having a try out right now, things are going well and her 2 new programs are built. The name of the coach will be made official once it's... official ;)

I did wonder! Thought I also thought it might just be that the interview had been done a while ago (eg Euros or WTT) and not published till now. :)

Glad to hear she's got her new programs choreographed. Can't wait to see them!

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
I did wonder! Thought I also thought it might just be that the interview had been done a while ago (eg Euros or WTT) and not published till now.

Yes I think it goes back to Euros. Laurine has been coached by Katia Krier since December 2018 (after JF Ballester's passing) and Joubert was never her coach, just an advisor.

sus2850

Is it true that Vanessa and Morgan are not participating in the GP season because she is doing a TV show in Canada?

kirkbiggestfan

She is having a try out right now, things are going well and her 2 new programs are built. The name of the coach will be made official once it's... official ;)
My favorite game:
A. Annick. You go to her at the end of your career knowing that you won't learn anything from her but get to be in the Paris area.
B. Huth. In a perfect world she could have Carolina as a mentor...I don't see her in Dresden.
C. Fontana: since the whole French team seem to have a Florida group discount. Mae is already there though.
D. Back to the US. Ade did not work out. I'd love to see her with Yuka Sato. Not sure Raf would take her at this point
E. Montreal: I believe she worked with Barabe in the past.
F. Eteri: if she shows up with flowers, she won't be told to go have babies.
I am sure I am not guessing right. It is kinda sad that there isn't an elite coach in Paris.

Enchanted

OK, I’ll participate at the guessing game because I’m bored. I’ll guess she’ll go either to Gauthier or stays in Paris with Bourzat. And then there’s the third option, Ravi Walia.

J

Jeschke

As it’s off season, I join the guessing game.
I say Bianconi it is.
If not I demand Tsareva, just because 💁🏼‍♂️

I guess we are still totally wrong @cholla ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information