New partnership - Deanna Stellato and Maxime Deschamps!

oleada

Sounds like a great match. The Canadian field is not particularly deep right now so they could get some good competitive opportunities early on.

Catherine M

Deanna skated at Golden Spin last season so her ISU release won't be till December so this international season is probably a no go.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Minimums need to be earned 21 days before the start of championships, and Pairs aren't held at every senior comp.

Golden Spin Pairs FS was completed on 12/7/2018, so they can't compete until 12/7/2019, ie, without an exception at 2019 Golden Spin, which has a senior Pairs event. Minimums have to be earned by 1/14/2020. There are no senior Pairs events on the ISU calendar between those dates

starrynight

Minimums need to be earned 21 days before the start of championships, and Pairs aren't held at every senior comp.

Golden Spin Pairs FS was completed on 12/7/2018, so they can't compete until 12/7/2019, ie, without an exception at 2019 Golden Spin, which has a senior Pairs event. Minimums have to be earned by 1/14/2020. There are no senior Pairs events on the ISU calendar between those dates

So does that mean that competing internationally isn't a possibility this coming season?

(It's quite complicated matching up all the dates for the minimums and the events, so I'm not sure why one of the posters above was so 'duh!' about it).

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
So does that mean that competing internationally isn't a possibility this coming season?
Senior Internationals, including Challenger Series, have no minimums. Championships, including the Olymlics, have TES minimums, which have to be earned 21 days before the start of championships, and GP's have GP (total) minimums.

If there's a senior international with senior Pairs that isn't 4C's, and she's given a release by then by USFS, they can compete in it. If they score high enough at Canadian Nationals and are given a provisional slot to Worlds, they can compete if they earn the minimums by 2/24/2020 at Bavarian Open, Open I've Mall Cup, and/or Challenge Cup in February 2020.

They can also.compete for experience and WS points to set themselves up for next year at Etna spring Trophy. Assuming they are held, and Stellato is released.

RoseRed

are they representing Canada?
It looks like they may be, based on the entry list of the Quebec comp. The dance/pairs teams there who we know represent other countries have that country listed for their region, and for their club (except Roy/Pietrantonio who have an Italian club listed), but Deanna and Max don't have USA listed for region and they have a Quebec club listed.

They aren't always consistent with how they list international skaters/teams at domestic comps, so we don't know for sure.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Deanna skated at Golden Spin last season so her ISU release won't be till December so this international season is probably a no go.

So she’ll be skating for Canada? How old is she? She’ll be the Zoe of Canada!

ilovepaydays

Can Deanna get Canadian citizenship in time for 2022? Isn’t the residency requirement somewhere around 3-5 years?

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
She can only get citizenship for 2022 with an exception. I don't know what those rules are anymore. When Weaver was given one, it had to be approved by the Legislature. The Harper Government pushed through changes that made qualifying for permanent residency and the residency requirements for citizenship more difficult and longer, but gave the Immigration Minister the power to grant exceptions. The Trudeau Goverment pushed through changes to revert many of the requirements, but I don't know what they did with the exception process.

Last edited:

Rock2

Deleting the longer detailed post that several of you saw (oh well), and upon reflection, I'm deciding to replace with just this:

Because there are some potential issues with both federations on a potential partnership here, I think I'll leave it at this partnership is very likely to happen but I'll share more thoughts and details after an official announcement from them.

I wouldn't consider it a given that they are going to this event. They might have jumped the gun by entering awhile back. Not sure, but there may be some things still left to sort out.

Last edited:

GalaSkater

I am absolutely thrilled to see Deanna with another partner! She is one of the most inspiring skaters to emerge from the USFS pairs system in a couple of decades!

Tavi

It's possible that, by that time, (right after nationals), they knew her previous partnership was ending.

It is possible, except that if I recall Deanna didn’t seem very happy about being passed over. In any case, I’m looking forward to following her with Max and will definitely be rooting for her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information