NBC NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2018-2019

Susan1

Saturday, Jan. 26
U.S. Nationals Pairs Free Skate & Men's Short Program 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. NBC (Live)
U.S. Nationals Free Dance 7 - 9 p.m. NBCSN (Live)

Sunday, Jan. 27
U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate 3:30 - 6 p.m. NBC (Live)

Saturday, Feb. 16
Skating Spectacular 2:30 - 4 p.m. NBC (taped)
So, I was just setting my DVR for Nats. How much are we actually going to see on NBC on Saturday? Two events in three hours, including recaps? And the 2-1/2 hours on Sunday will probably be a lot of the recap of the Men's short. Argh!

p.s. - I lost my OLY channel when I downgraded Uverse packages. Remind me to upgrade again right before the next winter Olympics!

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
So, I was just setting my DVR for Nats. How much are we actually going to see on NBC on Saturday? Two events in three hours, including recaps? And the 2-1/2 hours on Sunday will probably be a lot of the recap of the Men's short. Argh!

p.s. - I lost my OLY channel when I downgraded Uverse packages. Remind me to upgrade again right before the next winter Olympics!

The 2 1/2 hours on NBC Sunday is a live broadcast of men's free.

Most of the live skating will be on NBCSN.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Another schedule I go by is Heather's Figure Skating TV Schedule

Both the European Championships and the U.S. Nationals begin around the same dates and will be shown on NBCSN.

I doubt NBCSN will be showing the two-hr same-day coverage of Euro Men SP this afternoon, since the actual event is tomorrow in Minsk! It must be Euro Ladies SPs tonight on NBCSN, since the actual event is today (right now as I type).

cmk

I doubt NBCSN will be showing the two-hr same-day coverage of Euro Men SP this afternoon, since the actual event is tomorrow in Minsk! It must be Euro Ladies SPs tonight on NBCSN, since the actual event is today (right now as I type).
might be the pairs short airing today

Frau Muller

might be the pairs short airing today

My Comcast on-air guide specifically states Ladies SPs at 4:30pm today.

Almost all of the originally-announced NBCSN Euros coverage is jumbled...same time slots but different disciplines.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
My Comcast on-air guide specifically states Ladies SPs at 4:30pm today.

Almost all of the originally-announced NBCSN Euros coverage is jumbled...same time slots but different disciplines.
Yes. I'm showing Ladies Short program starting at 3:30 central on NBCSN - Europeans Championships for today.

-----------------------------------------------------

Starting at 4 p.m. central is Pairs Short on NBCSN - U.S. Nationals - Thursday

Starting at 6 p.m. central is Mens Short Program - Europeans Championship on NBCSN - Thursday

At 8 p.m. central is Ladies Short Program - US Nationals on NBCSN - Thursday

At 10 p.m. Central is Pairs Free Skate - Europeans Championships on NBCSN - Thursday

--------------------------------------------------------------------

At 1 p.m. Central is Rhythm Dance - European Championships on NBCSN - Friday

At 3 p.m. Central is Rhythm Dance - U.S. Nationals on NBCSN -Friday

At 5 p.m. Central is Ladies Free Skate - Europeans Championship on NBCSN - Friday

------------------------------------------------------------------

At 10 a.m. Central is Mens Free Skate - European Championships on NBCSN - Saturday

At 12:30 p.m. is Free Skate and Mens Short program - U.S. Nationals on NBC - Saturday (don't know if Free Skate is Mens or Ladies because my schedule didn't list which one)

At 6.p.m is Free Dance - U.S. Nationals on NBCSN - Saturday

At 3 p.m. Central is Mens Free Skate - U.S. Nationals on NBC Sunday - repeat

Just add an hour for Eastern times.

Also just added a correction.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Yes. I'm showing Ladies Short program starting at 3:30 central on NBCSN - U.S. Nationals for today.

-----------------------------------------------------

Starting at 4 p.m. central is Pairs Short on NBCSN - U.S. Nationals - Thursday

Starting at 6 p.m. central is Mens Short Program - Europeans Championship on NBCSN - Thursday

At 8 p.m. central is a repeat of Ladies Short Program - US Nationals on NBCSN - Thursday

At 10 p.m. Central is Pairs Free Skate - Europeans Championships on NBCSN - Thursday

At 1 p.m. Central is Rhythm Dance - European Championships on NBCSN - Friday

At 3 p.m. Central is Rhythm Dance - U.S. Nationals on NBCSN -Friday

At 5 p.m. Central is Ladies Free Skate - Europeans Championship on NBCSN - Friday

------------------------------------------------------------------

At 10 a.m. Central is Mens Free Skate - European Championships on NBCSN - Saturday

At 12:30 p.m. is Free Skate and Mens Short program - U.S. Nationals on NBC - Saturday (don't know if Free Skate is Mens or Ladies because my schedule didn't list which one)

At 6.p.m is Free Dance - U.S. Nationals on NBCSN - Saturday

At 3 p.m. Central is Mens Free Skate - U.S. Nationals on NBC Sunday - repeat

Just add an hour for Eastern times.

Thanks. Today’s show is Euros (not USN) Ladies SPs...so the Thurs night Ladies SPs show won’t be a repeat...it will be LIVE from Detroit.

Simone411

Thanks. Today’s show is Euros (not USN) Ladies SPs...so the Thurs night Ladies SPs show won’t be a repeat...it will be LIVE from Detroit.

Thanks. I just noticed my mistake and corrected! This is really tricky with both competitions being held at the same time! :lol:

Frau Muller

Thanks. I just noticed my mistake and corrected! This is really tricky with both competitions being held at the same time! :lol:

Yes, this is an explosion of riches! I secretly wish that the NBC Family would show a bit of Jr Worlds on TV...even if it’s just a two-hr recap show. After all, Jr Worlds will feature some of the likely stars of the next OWG in Beijing 2022, who are not yet age-eligible for Sr Worlds.

Simone411

Yes, this is an explosion of riches! I secretly wish that the NBC Family would show a bit of Jr Worlds on TV...even if it’s just a two-hr recap show. After all, Jr Worlds will feature some of the likely stars of the next OWG in Beijing 2022, who are not yet age-eligible for Sr Worlds.
ITA! I would definitely love it!

Frau Muller

Will there not be Euro FD?

Hi. I took the time to page through my Comcast on-screen schedule for both NBC and NBCSN, through Saturday night (as Sunday isn’t yet showing...DC area). It is exactly as Simone411 lists above, in post 69. In other words, no Euro Pairs SP or Euro Dance FD on tv...unless one or both might be added on Sunday...or might appear in the Olympic Channel repeats in the next week or two. Of course, there are ways to watch the top programs on YouTube, for ex.

I just watched the first of the NBCSN shows - Euro Ladies SPs. Twelve ladies shown - the last two groups. Ashley was the skater commentator...still talking a mile a minute, with sing-song voice. Grrr.

sharsk8s

I feel like ice dance can get difficult to watch without commentators (especially for the lower ranked teams) because unless they fall or have an obvious trip it is hard to tell when they make mistakes

Susan1

I say this every year, but remember when Nationals was on ABC, and ESPN showed EVERY short program on Thursday and Friday. It's always been so neat to see new skaters in their first National competition after winning their Sectionals, and see either break-out performances or future stars. Maybe the ladies and men short programs will all be shown?

Stefanie

Please excuse the stupid question, but is Ashley actually in Minsk doing the commentary for Euros? Or is she somewhere in the US watching a feed and providing commentary that way?

Frau Muller

Please excuse the stupid question, but is Ashley actually in Minsk doing the commentary for Euros? Or is she somewhere in the US watching a feed and providing commentary that way?

She is implying that she’s there (eg, ”I spoke this morning with Alexia Paganini...blah blah...”). I doubt it...maybe they Skyped?!
Let’s see some photos of Ashley and her obnoxious loud-mouthed sidekick man, in front of the Minsk arena! Harrumph!!!

Frau Muller

Bumping this thread to remind all that today is NBC’s (the regular broadcast channel’s) Big Figure Skating Saturday Afternoon! Two shows back to back:

US Nationals Exhibition, 2:30-4PM eastern
Four Continents recap, 4-6PM eastern (focus on Men’s and Ladies...but I’m betting that we’ll also see Chock/Bates’ winning free dance in full)

Simone411

Bumping this thread to remind all that today is NBC’s (the regular broadcast channel’s) Big Figure Skating Saturday Afternoon! Two shows back to back:

US Nationals Exhibition, 2:30-4PM eastern
Four Continents recap, 4-6PM eastern (focus on Men’s and Ladies...but I’m betting that we’ll also see Chock/Bates’ winning free dance in full)

Thank you! I just autotuned all of it. I always pay attention to your posts because I know if I'm not on top of things that I can depend on you for reminders. It's appreciated very much. (y)

maureenfarone

I am really concerned with the NBC Sports Gold streaming schedule for Worlds. Here is a link to the schedule which has been posted since Wednesday: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/figure-skating/schedule I sent an email Thursday morning about the errors in this schedule such as showing the Pairs SP at 8:00 p.m. on 3/19 and the Pairs FS at 9:00 p.m. on 3/19 and on through the schedule. I even put a link in my email to give them the ISU Schedule: http://wfc2019.jp/eng/schedule.html. I received a reply from [email protected] saying oh thanks we will pass this on to the proper department so proper changes can be made.

The schedule with the wrong dates and times is still posted. We are 4 days from the start of the competition and don't have an accurate schedule. Maybe everything will work out but I am really starting to get nervous because I am counting on watching most of this on demand.

If you are concerned maybe send an email or tweet to NBC and point out their schedule has many errors.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
I am really concerned with the NBC Sports Gold streaming schedule for Worlds. Here is a link to the schedule which has been posted since Wednesday: https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/figure-skating/schedule I sent an email Thursday morning about the errors in this schedule such as showing the Pairs SP at 8:00 p.m. on 3/19 and the Pairs FS at 9:00 p.m. on 3/19 and on through the schedule. I even put a link in my email to give them the ISU Schedule: http://wfc2019.jp/eng/schedule.html. I received a reply from [email protected] saying oh thanks we will pass this on to the proper department so proper changes can be made.

The schedule with the wrong dates and times is still posted. We are 4 days from the start of the competition and don't have an accurate schedule. Maybe everything will work out but I am really starting to get nervous because I am counting on watching most of this on demand.

If you are concerned maybe send an email or tweet to NBC and point out their schedule has many errors.
Thanks, Maureen. I got a survey in an email from NBCSportsgold and told them about the schedule. I have also tweeted it.

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998

Maureen, just went to NBCSG schedule, more corrections have been made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information