NBC NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2018-2019

Frau Muller

Make American Figure Skating Great Again!
Ratings
The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(
OC has many same-day events, such as all of those lengthy bicycling events in summer...Vuelta a España seemed to be on interminably in August. Rhythmic gym Worlds. Synchronized swimming/world aquatics every day. Etc, etc. The infomercials and profiles are in off hours, filler.

Aceon6

Hit ball, find ball, hit it again.
Ratings
OChan is doing as I expected... covering the less prominent sports. Right now is the inevitable down time when the winter games are done and the next summer ones still a bit too far away for people to start to care. I expect their pre-Tokyo coverage to be exceptional.

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(
I absolutely love some of the content that they aired last year shortly after debuting - among it, all of the ladies team event and individual all-around gymnastics competitions from the 1988-2016 Olympics, and they also showed the LPs of the skating events from the 2002-2014 Olympics leading up to Pyeongchang. Sadly, most of the special shows they tried to debut seem to have gotten stuck at the 4 episode mark or so, and they were re-airing them all the time throughout the skating season. They also re-aired each of the GP stops (SPs and LPs) several times throughout the week following the events.

I know it's the 'Olympic' channel, but I would love to see them get the rights to other past skating competitions and fill some of the down time with that.

mollymgr

Ratings
So the Olympic Channel is at least broadcasting Skate America live. That's definitely a plus.

Last edited:

mollymgr

Ratings

missing

Ratings
I'm usually pretty even tempered about the Treat Figure Skating Like A Sport discussions, but it really isn't treating figure skating like a sport to show bits and pieces of it days after the actual event.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Make American Figure Skating Great Again!
Ratings
I'm usually pretty even tempered about the Treat Figure Skating Like A Sport discussions, but it really isn't treating figure skating like a sport to show bits and pieces of it days after the actual event.
Actually, they show complete programs. Usually two flights, plus top-scoring programs that may have occurred earlier. I wouldn’t want more than that in my recordings collection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)