NBC NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2018-2019

Frau Muller

Make American Figure Skating Great Again!
Ratings
The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(
OC has many same-day events, such as all of those lengthy bicycling events in summer...Vuelta a España seemed to be on interminably in August. Rhythmic gym Worlds. Synchronized swimming/world aquatics every day. Etc, etc. The infomercials and profiles are in off hours, filler.

Aceon6

Not giving a bleff
Ratings
OChan is doing as I expected... covering the less prominent sports. Right now is the inevitable down time when the winter games are done and the next summer ones still a bit too far away for people to start to care. I expect their pre-Tokyo coverage to be exceptional.

Tony Wheeler

Ratings
The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(
I absolutely love some of the content that they aired last year shortly after debuting - among it, all of the ladies team event and individual all-around gymnastics competitions from the 1988-2016 Olympics, and they also showed the LPs of the skating events from the 2002-2014 Olympics leading up to Pyeongchang. Sadly, most of the special shows they tried to debut seem to have gotten stuck at the 4 episode mark or so, and they were re-airing them all the time throughout the skating season. They also re-aired each of the GP stops (SPs and LPs) several times throughout the week following the events.

I know it's the 'Olympic' channel, but I would love to see them get the rights to other past skating competitions and fill some of the down time with that.

mollymgr

Ratings

missing

Ratings
I'm usually pretty even tempered about the Treat Figure Skating Like A Sport discussions, but it really isn't treating figure skating like a sport to show bits and pieces of it days after the actual event.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

Make American Figure Skating Great Again!
Ratings
I'm usually pretty even tempered about the Treat Figure Skating Like A Sport discussions, but it really isn't treating figure skating like a sport to show bits and pieces of it days after the actual event.
Actually, they show complete programs. Usually two flights, plus top-scoring programs that may have occurred earlier. I wouldn’t want more than that in my recordings collection.

Sylvia

Immersed in all 3 U.S. Sectionals
Ratings
The NBC broadcast of GP Helsinki is scheduled for tomorrow - Sunday 1-3 pm Eastern time (check your local listings): http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...and-coverage-this-weekend-on-nbc-sports-gold/
NBC presents coverage of the ladies’ and men’s free skates this Sunday, Nov. 4, at 1 p.m. ET. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present daily encore coverage of all programs at 8 p.m. ET Monday, Nov. 5 – Thursday, Nov. 8.

2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Tanith White handles play-by-play for the men’s and ladies’ free skates on NBC and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. Andrea Joyce will call the remaining competitions on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by 2014 Olympic ice dance gold medalist Charlie White.

Sylvia

Ratings
Today's NHK broadcast on NBC (Tanith, Tara, Johnny) is scheduled for noon-1:30 Eastern time - check your local listings.

ETA: The top 6 ladies' free skates and top 4 men's free skates were shown.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Ratings
@momnatur, "Figure Skating Stars" account on YT currently has the NHK Gala up in 3 parts.

Remaining Grand Prix season NBC/NBCSN broadcasts (all times Eastern):

Sunday, Nov. 18
Rostelecom Cup
12 - 1:30 p.m.
NBC

Sunday, Nov. 25
Internationaux de France
4 - 6 p.m.
NBC

Grand Prix Final (3 broadcasts)
Friday, Dec. 7
11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
NBCSN

Saturday, Dec. 8
9:30 – 10:30 p.m.
NBCSN

Sunday, Dec. 9
4 - 6 p.m.
NBC

Last edited:

Lara

It's JJ style!
Ratings
Just curious - I’m unable to find on-demand broadcasts of Finland or NHK from either NBC or the Olympic Channel on NBCSports.com (both the website and app). Am I being geoblocked from even seeing the links or do they really not exist? All I see is Nascar, Premier League and some golf.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Ratings
Just curious - I’m unable to find on-demand broadcasts of Finland or NHK from either NBC or the Olympic Channel on NBCSports.com (both the website and app). Am I being geoblocked from even seeing the links or do they really not exist? All I see is Nascar, Premier League and some golf.
I think the only way to see On Demand content is through NBC Sports Gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)